• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bastard Executioner - Kurt Sutter takes on Medieval Times - S1 - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The finale is tonight:

Blood and Quiescence/Crau a Chwsg

In the first season finale, Wilkin and Milus lead an unlikely band of brothers on a life-threatening rescue mission.

Another 90 minute episode.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
To recap:

Wilkin is the descendant of Jesus and the tattoo witches are his disciples
Milus is a roguish good guy now, even though all season long he was depicted as a sadistic monster
Kurt Sutter self immolates, then flails wildly, to save a random priest and child
The sensible handmaiden ponders sexing Milus, but only if he has a big dick
Long awaited sex scene at the end between Descendant of Jesus and Lady Love with Ed Sheeran playing over it

Nfwpksq.gif

- Deadline: ‘The Bastard Executioner’ Axed After One Season On FX
Kurt Sutter’s 14th century Sons Of Anarchy follow-up The Bastard Executioner has been canceled after its first season. Rather than allow the FX and Fox 21 drama to simply fade away after 10 episodes, Sutter has taken the unusual step of helping the network make the decision and buying farewell ads on Deadline and the Hollywood trades to thank his cast and crew — and the network that ultimately had to swing the ax because the show wasn’t generating enough ratings growth quickly enough to justify the cost of a Wales-set period drama.

gtMKE4L.jpg

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, I've been really enjoying this show. I wasn't expecting it to get canned after one season.

So I can delete those four episodes on my DVR now?

It's amazing that FX finally had the guts to cancel one of their terrible low rated shows.

styl3s

To be honest i thought this show was cancelled awhile ago.

I couldn't make it through the entire premiere and i am probably the biggest SOA apologist here and one of like 3 people who actually enjoyed the final season but i guess my love for Sutter can only go so far.

So I can delete those four episodes on my DVR now?

It's amazing that FX finally had the guts to cancel one of their terrible low rated shows.
If only they had enough balls to cancel Tyrant.

ivysaur12

Banned
Kurt couldn't find time to get one script in on schedule but oh boy did he find time to self fellate to every trade about how he's ending his own show. Okay.

ironcreed

Banned
To recap:

Wilkin is the descendant of Jesus and the tattoo witches are his disciples
Milus is a roguish good guy now, even though all season long he was depicted as a sadistic monster
Kurt Sutter self immolates, then flails wildly, to save a random priest and child
The sensible handmaiden ponders sexing Milus, but only if he has a big dick
Long awaited sex scene at the end between Descendant of Jesus and Lady Love with Ed Sheeran playing over it

Nfwpksq.gif

LMAO, pretty much.

As far as some of these new shows go, I think The Last Kingdom is the one that has really won me over. I am actually going to hate seeing the first season end.

aku:jiki

Hah, of course the shit is cancelled just because I actually liked the finale. I liked that it was all about settling things between all the characters and how it ended with everyone being (sort of) friends.

Did not like that Wilkin was an actual descendant of Jesus, so maybe fuck it. At least now I won't have to be annoyed by the repercussions of Sutter doing something he did like 50 times in SoA... Have the characters let someone go when they absolutely, under no circumstances whatsoever, should let that happen and then, shockingly, the guy that must not have lived comes back to fuck things up!

megamerican

The show stumbled out of the gate for sure, but it got better as it went along. I wound up really liking it by the end. I could tell from watching the finale that Sutter was wrapping it up for good.

I'm caught between being bummed, and feeling that the show went out on a relatively high note. I think the "mythology" of the show was probably the weakest part and largely unnecessary, and that the later seasons may have gotten stupid if it got deeper into that.

Still far more entertaining than any GOT season post S1.

Did anyone else feel something off about Matthew Rhys' presence in the final battle, I think he wasn't present for filming and green-screened into it.

choodi

Banned
Still waiting on the Sutter meltdown. Don't fail me now Kurt. You know you want to act like a dick on twitter.

Damn, I just watched the finale today. The show wasn't great but it wasn't terrible. It's crazy that Tyrant got another season when it's a really subpar show. Even more so than Bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom