• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Is that an Nintendo L on the horizon? And did they dupe sony and ms to split their base for no reason?

The hybrid could be a good move in theory since it means you don't have Nintendo making a bunch of games for their portables and a handful of games for their consoles, ending the game droughts. But this is basically a high end portable that connects to the TV. Depending on the specs and price they could turn off portable gamers with the price being too high/bad battery and console gamers with the specs being too low/weaker console features at the same time.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
What'd he do? Do I even wanna know?

Some of this will sound petty, but it is more of a culmination of his journey to being a darling to the "Bernie Bros" crew.

• With all the cultural diversity at the DNC, it surprised me that he only RT'd pics of him with frat boys-looking dudes
  • Susan Surandon posted a pic of him, he RT'd it with some pledge of admiration
  • Later he again posted about how much he admired Susan
  • After Bernie basically told everyone to stand down and support Clinton, he expressed doubt (appealing to the Bros once again)
  • During the FLOTUS speech, the only thing he had to say was some conspiracy remoark about the DNC being rigged

Again, it is more of a culmination of events, but it just seems to me that in the past he was more about trying to convey what was going on in Black America and offering solutions and now he is all about trying to impress Bernie's Bros. I admit I might be being too critical, but that combined with him usually being the only Black person at his shows and cool with that is shocking considering where he came from.

But to be fawning over Sanders and Surandon and completely ignoring FLOTUS was the last straw for me. Regardless of your politics, her speech was heartfelt and for a strong Black woman to be in that spotlight and send that message should have been moving to everyone. Especially someone who 'claims' to worship Black women. Everyone is a critic and I admit I may be getting too judgmental and my frustration with Bernie fans may be spilling over to my feelings about Killer Mike, but it is what it is.

Kraftwerk

Saw some pictures of a charizard and squirtle dildo, and a pikachu tail buttplug.

The squirtle dildo even has a shell.

What a time to be alive!

D i Z

Potential for disaster:

Sell you all the old games again, this time on cartridges to lock pricing.

Zero third party support for AAA.

No cross platform unless it's indie (and probably not that either cos Nintendo will charge them to produce carts most likely).

Handheld in a cell phone world.

Build quality will have to be on point because all of that connecting, disconnecting, traveling is going to wear the system inputs out.

No other practical features to make it competitive with the mobile market so far.

I guess we'll see.

The "outrage" (I can barely use this word now thanks to GAF) was over black face/the choice of not picking a darker skinned black woman who looked more like Nina to play the role. But ok Zoe, let's address something else that was never the main issue in order to deflect.

You know who looks like Nina Simone?

Leslie Jones.

And Leslie Jones, based on the wave of racism and sexism and classism and colorism and respectability politics that she has been hit with, is the Nina Simone of comedy.

TuskegeeHeirs9.jpg

That looks amazing.

pray for my family. Sis in law having a rough time.

Nah, bruh.

YxbK3io.png

Prayers for your family.

And...

Why is that young girl wearing a sperm on her head?

Dai101

Banned
Morning y'all!

Sup' fam! Have caught a streph throath infection that extended thru' my ears and been in bad shape since sunday morning, i'm better fine now ;-). Have to take a full day rest yesterday, so i wasted it playing Borderlands since it was giving to me a few months back when i caught the $10MXN month of XBLGold.

All in all it's been a good rest.

Malyse said:
pray for my family. Sis in law having a rough time.

Hope everything goes well. Estamos contigo.

Slayven

Leslie Jones.

And Leslie Jones, based on the wave of racism and sexism and classism and colorism and respectability politics that she has been hit with, is the Nina Simone of comedy.

That looks amazing.

Prayers for your family.

And...

That is Gwenpool. a girl from "our" universe gets sent into the marvel universe
Unlike other Marvel comic book characters, Gwenpool has no real superpowers, but has vast Marvel universe knowledge from comic books in her universe, such as every secret identity of heroes and villains, information she uses to take down Black Cat's criminal empire and to stop Thor from attacking her.

Pretty much my fantasy

Aiustis

If they have an innovative Mario like 64 and Galaxy in the pipeline, Nintendo will probably get my money.

I'm still a bit skeptic, but thus Nintendo has given me some great console games e.g. Splatoon. I really don't care about specs because that's what my computer is for. Nintendo is not going to get a lot of 3rd party support anyway. I want innovation. New ways to experience and play games. I want a handheld with a decent price and a good battery life.

D i Z

Leslie Jones.

And...

Great point about Leslie. I'm curious to see if her name recognition will earn her some lead roles or does she have a couple of other mountains to climb. Obvious answer is of course she does, but I'd like to see different.

Gwenpool... I can't unsee that now.

Morning y'all!

Sup' fam! Have caught a streph throath infection that extended thru' my ears and been in bad shape since sunday morning, i'm better fine now ;-). Have to take a full day rest yesterday, so i wasted it playing Borderlands since it was giving to me a few months back when i caught the $10MXN month of XBLGold.

All in all it's been a good rest.

Hope everything goes well. Estamos contigo.

Sup Dai. Feel better bruh.

I've had 2 hours of sleep since waking up at 7 on sunday

Heat getting to you?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Saw him respond to something on Twitter yesterday. Dunno what might have gone down here tho.
The last thing I saw was that his Star Wars Theory regarding Disneys involvement was debunked, but I dont think that he would leave the board over something like this

andthebeatgoeson

I think I'm past the Stan part of my Nintendo life but I'll fuck with Zelda to the day i die. I just want the most innovative hardware company amongst the big three to get it together. I just don't see how a hybrid handheld will recover anything. And i was hoping for a NX zelda that is another leap.

But this makes sense. Not a totally different Zelda, just a little bit better.

They still make Mario and zelda. So I'm in.

Numb

I think I'm past the Stan part of my Nintendo life but I'll fuck with Zelda to the day i die. I just want the most innovative hardware company amongst the big three to get it together. I just don't see how a hybrid handheld will recover anything. And i was hoping for a NX zelda that is another leap.

But this makes sense. Not a totally different Zelda, just a little bit better.

They still make Mario and zelda. So I'm in.

Next gen Monster Hunter launches with NX
Would be cool

cdyhybrid

Nintendo consoles haven't pushed hardware boundaries in a long time, and no one expected this one to, either. If they can pull that off while keeping it fairly close in specs to a XBOne or a PS4 I think that's a solid product. Unifying their two product lines (handheld and console games) is a great idea IMO.

Slayven

Nintendo consoles haven't pushed hardware boundaries in a long time, and no one expected this one to, either. If they can pull that off while keeping it fairly close in specs to a XBOne or a PS4 I think that's a solid product. Unifying their two product lines (handheld and console games) is a great idea IMO.

NX will either be a novel hit or a bomb.

No middle ground.

Slayven

Eh, I dunno. I think the fact that they'll now have every single one of their marquee franchises available to bolster the console's lineup is a good fail-safe. We'll see, I suppose.

Who was stopping them from putting a pokemon game on Wii U? A better point would be they now don't have to split their resources among 2 systems. Which is the only way they will counter the lack of 3rd party

NX will either be a novel hit or a bomb.

No middle ground.

I mean, they've ultimately just decided they're a mobile games company now, right? I'm half laughing and half impressed at it..there is brilliance there. They'll be the first of the three kingdoms to concede that mobile gaming is indeed the future. They'll also be breaking the idea of a ___year cycle for a "home" console. I think where they'll ultimately get screwed is how slow they churn out games..

Slayven

I mean, they've ultimately just decided they're a mobile games company now, right? I'm half laughing and half impressed at it..there is brilliance there. They'll be the first of the three kingdoms to concede that mobile gaming is indeed the future. They'll also be breaking the idea of a ___year cycle for a "home" console. I think where they'll ultimately get screwed is how slow they churn out games..

I don't know there are millions of phones out there that can already run Pokemon go AND have thousands of games

It will be an interesting experiment

Dai101

Banned
Sup Dai. Feel better bruh.

Thanks. Really feeling better. Those shots the doc gave me and a day of rest really did wonders.

Also, he advice me to start losing weight, not something drastic but really need to take down salt and sugar a notch, my blood pressure is HIGH, within the normal range but bordering in the caution zone.

D i Z

I don't know there are millions of phones out there that can already run Pokemon go AND have thousands of games

That's my thing. A dedicated handheld gaming system has no chance in a mobile market. They would be looking to just lock down a market that they have already been in for several generations (as in decades already!). This is nothing innovative or original. Not unless they have something up their sleeve that is more than just a portable gaming system.

Left this out because it seems folks (not me) are willing to carry two devices..I agree completely. It's an interesting gamble. End of the day, it'll be cheaper than most phones/consoles combined and they have a pretty loyal fan base..

Thanks. Really feeling better. Those shots the doc gave me and a day of rest really did wonders.

Also, he advice me to start losing weight, not something drastic but really need to take down salt and sugar a notch, my blood pressure is HIGH, within the normal range but bordering in the caution zone.

Carbon. Stop kissing random unclean women. Don't let harSon influence you..😏

harSon

Banned
The last thing I saw was that his Star Wars Theory regarding Disneys involvement was debunked, but I dont think that he would leave the board over something like this

He's got a bit of an ego, so I wouldn't be surprised

Carbon. Stop kissing random unclean women. Don't let harSon influence you..��

I'm in the middle of writing up my tinder memoirs over the last 6 or so months. Open your heart and take notes ya'll

D i Z

Good to hear. That going slow on the salt and sugar can be a bitch sometimes. It's taken me years to get my awareness of my own intake to be automatic. Tasting first for excess salt, skipping some foods because they just have too much etc...

On the plus side, I've got a greater appreciation for the tastes of foods that are low in both salt and sugar, and also for foods that highlight them.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, phones have games, but not the kinds of games you can play on a handheld system. Touch screen is shit for gaming outside of very specific styles of game.

D i Z

Yeah, phones have games, but not the kinds of games you can play on a handheld system. Touch screen is shit for gaming outside of very specific styles of game.

True. but it's the inverse that's the problem. Handheld gaming doesn't have what other handheld devices do as default. Personally I use my phone 99% of the time for media, text communications, and the occasional game. Not so much for phone calls. But everything that i do use it for is essential for my pocket. A handheld gaming system needs to be more robust in offerings and actually work flawlessly to ever think about competing in the real mobile market. If they can't do that, they are just saying in the same place they have always been.

After Boss Bans “Cultural Head Wraps” Black Woman Responds by Cosplaying Every Day
http://blackgirllonghair.com/2016/0...l-head-wraps-black-woman-responds-by-cosplay/

Good on her.

The ironic part is another article on that site about the historical racist laws in 18th century Louisiana that /banned/ black women from /exposing/ their hair. http://blackgirllonghair.com/2014/07/shocking-history-why-women-of-color-in-the-1800s-were-banned-from-wearing-their-hair-in-public/ All the women who were considered black (and remember, there was a one drop rule) had to wear head wraps, called tignons. Of course, the sistas got elaborate with the styles.

And now we have this asshole saying this black woman /can't/ wear a head wrap. Make up your damn mind, white supremacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom