• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

From a non-American perspective, it did definitely seem like the GOP prevented Obama from doing anything so it's hard to hold that against him

The nigga had the entire fucking midwest wanting to lynch his ass when he said he could have been Trayvon. When he made a joke about getting into the WH without being shot at. Half the people working with him did not want him to do anything positive. But he's supposed to do everything when he's getting blocked at every turn? The fuck?

This. Obama was fucking lucky to even get half the stuff he proposed passed, what with the republicans being dicks at every turn. And before you even say but Trump, remember that the republicans are controlling the...well pretty much everything.

Mizerman

From a non-American perspective, it did definitely seem like the GOP prevented Obama from doing anything so it's hard to hold that against him

Hell, Mitch "Turtle Man" McConnell basically said that he and his mutants would turn down anything Obama proposed. It didn't help that Democrats started losing seats during the years as well.

AJLma

The nigga had the entire fucking midwest wanting to lynch his ass when he said he could have been Trayvon. When he made a joke about getting into the WH without being shot at. Half the people working with him did not want him to do anything positive. But he's supposed to do everything when he's getting blocked at every turn? The fuck?

I'm not going to go down this hole with you. I'm middling on Obama, I'm glad that he put out a positive image for people to aspire to, policy wise, the man literally did 1 substantial thing for poor people and that was the subsidized phones. I'm self-employed and doing decent financially, and I still can't justify budgeting for Obamacare, so I can't add that one. I know he had racists like you wouldn't believe breathing down his neck. He did not arm us in any capacity to be able to deal with them when he left. Like I said, I'm sure he's doing or planning some good work. Ya'll tag-teaming like you've got an other objective.

That's all though, I'm not here to talk down on Obama.

Kreed

Fuck Umar Johnson, I don't give a shit about him. He's the only one to call out that I know of, so I used him in context to bring up my question to the thread. You brought up some old shit that has nothing to do with the question I asked. So I can't see you as anything other than a troll.

Oh wait you're a regular? My bad let me pay the proper respects...

It has everything to do with what you just brought up since you are still bring up the same shit as last time when you were defending Umar's ass.

So I really just want to know how strong people's argument game is against the "hoteps", or is it just some bandwagoning that I should ignore from now on.

Yea. That was a great watch, and I'm STILL not really a fan of Farrakhan. I've got my own opinions about the NOI and what they've done for the black community.

I don't know what a "hotep" is or a "moon brother" is. This is lingo for bandwagoning children.

No one is "bandwagoning", we just know what the fuck we're talking about when calling these clowns as we see them. Clearly at the time, you thought Umar Johnson was worth defending, now you don't since you're saying fuck him. So instead of saying we are "on a bandwagon" for knowing more about Umar than you did at the time, how about you try learning something this go around so that you don't have to pop back into OT18 going fuck Umar three times in a row the next time we mention hoteps?

Imm0rt4l

The racism Obama faced definitely makes it more difficult to actually criticize him. Because there are definitely concessions, and outright failings that I wouldn't overlook if he didn't get such a bum rap. I read somewhere "Obama doesn't know his whites"-- I agree with this, it's evidenced by his being magnanimous to a fault. He saw republicans/racist white people as political opponents rather than enemies, this was imo naieve of him. I guarantee you Michelle knew better, I think she tethers him/keeps him grounded, truly.

AJLma

It has everything to do with what you just brought up since you are still bring up the same shit as last time when you were defending Umar's ass.

No one is "bandwagoning", we just know what the fuck we're talking about when calling these clowns as we see them. Clearly at the time, you thought Umar Johnson was worth defending, now you don't since you're saying fuck him. So instead of saying we are "on a bandwagon" for knowing more about Umar than you did at the time, how about you try learning something this go around so that you don't have to pop back into OT18 going fuck Umar three times in a row the next time we mention hoteps?

You have informed me about Umar Johnson, and successfully hijacked the conversation. Congrats troll.

Slayven

I believe Obama's biggest fault is he believes in the good of people. To bad that isn't reality. If Obama had been some militant ass dude, he would never have gotten elected.

Obama was a political unicorn, baggage and scandal free, they had to make up shit about him.

And the go back to Africa shit is so dumb.

zeemumu

My eyes need a break. I've been staring at this screen all day

jiXUy0T.gif

I believe Obama's biggest fault is he believes in the good of people. To bad that isn't reality. If Obama had been some militant ass dude, he would never have gotten elected.

Obama was a political unicorn, baggage and scandal free, they had to make up shit about him.

And Trump knew this best back when he was claiming he wasn't a US citizen.

I have to agree. Obama got a good heart, but he forgets what kind of world we have. The kind of world where the people who hate others because of their skin color, sex, religion, etc. won't be easily moved or change their ways because of a few pretty words.

LionPride

Banned
I'm not going to go down this hole with you. I'm middling on Obama, I'm glad that he put out a positive image for people to aspire to, policy wise, the man literally did 1 substantial thing for poor people and that was the subsidized phones. I'm self-employed and doing decent financially, and I still can't justify budgeting for Obamacare, so I can't add that one. I know he had racists like you wouldn't believe breathing down his neck. He did not arm us in any capacity to be able to deal with them when he left. Like I said, I'm sure he's doing or planning some good work. Ya'll tag-teaming like you've got an other objective.

I'm supposed to blame Obama that niggas don't vote in midterms? That people don't pay attention politically until it's too late? That conservative republicans made their smartest decision in decades by fucking with him for years and building their base for state and local and federal elections?

D i Z

It now sounds like you are talking about the quality of discussions in a community thread but I'm failing to see your point of starting this conservation. Especially when I made sure to state that my comment on wanting to see a poster's appearance was based on their own ignorant statements of criticizing actual looks, so there is not some exposing of my very forward petty comment.

I mean you posted in here to talk about it, so we're talking. You're saying that they're opinions are ignorant and they shouldn't say such things about fiction if they themselves can't stand up to scrutiny. I mean, were you expecting any reply to your opener to be "yeah you're right about that! 100% agree about the dumb fucks", or was there a different point that I'm missing? So say I disagree with you, and agree with their take away from the footage. Are we not at a point where we can discuss the details, or is the conversation pretty much done because I'm about to trash something that you're into? Does my opinion make me ignorant as well? There is an ever growing list of games that we can't even talk about candidly about in here because people want to catch feelings about shit that they didn't create. It's bizarre.

Fuck Umar Johnson, I don't give a shit about him. He's the only one to call out that I know of, so I used him in context to bring up my question to the thread. You brought up some old shit that has nothing to do with the question I asked. So I can't see you as anything other than a troll.

Oh wait you're a regular? My bad let me pay the proper respects...

Receipt pulls, making people crazy.

AJLma

No worries. See you in OT18 when Umar Johnson gives an interview on how great Trump is for black people.

This will probably happen. He's a pan-african, so he probably loves the turmoil.

My original point was, I hope black people in masse aren't disenfranchising themselves from their so-grand-science-can't-comprehend-it history because of people like Umar. That would be tragic, especially at a time like this. The opposite needs to be happening.

I'm supposed to blame Obama that niggas don't vote in midterms? That people don't pay attention politically until it's too late? That conservative republicans made their smartest decision in decades by fucking with him for years and building their base for state and local and federal elections?

I neeeveeer suggested you blame Obama for anyyyythiiiing, the man is still alive, still working, we'll see what he can do... stop trying to drag me down this hole with you.

Mizerman

Pretty much. He really believed that the GOP were good people with simply different viewpoints. That wasn't the case.

Pretty much. He really believed that the GOP were good people with simply different viewpoints. That wasn't the case.

Seriously. Anybody with a good head on their shoulders knew that the GOP was bad news from the get go. I mean they are literally villains, for fuck sakes.

I love Bams, but man he was wrong to think that the GOP were good people.

Slayven

Seriously. Anybody with a good head on their shoulders knew that the GOP was bad news from the get go. I mean they are literally villains, for fuck sakes.

I love Bams, but man he was wrong to think that the GOP were good people.

Sadly they are in the state they are because of him. His mere existence stired up such evil that it took over the party and we have what we have today.

They were bad dudes before him but they could be half way reasoned with. And they damn sure wouldn't sell out the country. But now.......

Nudull

Banned
God, I can't even imagine how people and the media would've painted Obama if he had even a SLIGHT bit of militant attitude.

Sadly they are in the state they are because of him. His mere existence stired up such evil that it took over the party and we have what we have today.

They were bad dudes before him but they could be half way reasoned with. And they damn sure wouldn't sell out the country. But now.......

It's almost baffling that a party can hate a black man so much to the point they are willing to let their OWN COUNTRY be destroyed by a STUPID, BUMBLING BUSINESSMAN. AND SELL OUT YOUR COUNTRY TO RUSSIA.

Slayven

God, I can't even imagine how people and the media would've painted Obama if he had even a SLIGHT bit of militant attitude.

He would be taken out in handcuffs

It's almost baffling that a party can hate a black man so much to the point they are willing to let their OWN COUNTRY be destroyed by a STUPID, BUMBLING BUSINESSMAN. AND SELL OUT YOUR COUNTRY TO RUSSIA.

Not really, they hate him that much. They rather burn everything he touch then do right by people

LionPride

Banned

I was talking politics one day and someone told me

"Lion, you should go into politics, you'd make a good President."

"Naw, I'd punch someone in the throat for saying some dumb shit and for being a racist."

I neeeveeer suggested you blame Obama for anyyyythiiiing, the man is still alive, still working, we'll see what he can do... stop trying to drag me down this hole with you.
Maybe stop saying dumb shit and no one will be "dragging you down"

D i Z

The threats about going to war on "the blacks" would have had the heat turned up.
'Bama got threats on the daily, but I could see more people would have tried to be the one, and take him out. Diplomacy with a handful of other nations would have been somewhat undermined as they use national issues and sedition as a sign of weakness. The media would have fanned the flames for all of it to make it happen.

Co-Signed.

I don't know what people expected from Obama when the GOP were dedicated to making sure not a fucking thing would get done.

He would be taken out in handcuffs

Not really, they hate him that much. They rather burn everything he touch then do right by people

My only hope is that in their mad quest to destroy his legacy, they end up destroying themselves in the process. But it's sounds like merely a pipe dream.

AJLma

Maybe stop saying dumb shit and no one will be "dragging you down"

I didn't say anything unrealistic, I notice you didn't break down any of my points. Just more low blows.

My only hope is that in their mad quest to destroy his legacy, they end up destroying themselves in the process. But it's sounds like merely a pipe dream.

This is pretty big possibility. Only 35%(smh) or something like that believe the Republican narrative. If his team doesn't accomplish whatever their objective is fast, they will be thoroughly and permanently embarrassed. The opposition is cooking.

Knowing what I know about white supremacy, they're just talking big and making a big show.. and they'll dismantle his legacy by just having Trump preside over a prosperous time while creating fake enemies along the way.

The alternative to that I'd rather not think about.

Well, there is always the next Milo fuckery going on to set yourself up for.

Dude is currently spinning hard as hell over this right now.

Yep. I posted about this here the other day when I heard him talking on JRE. He may be spinning but he's dead serious.

Milo is legitimately sick in the head. He talks and laughs about how as a kid he was one of the kids who got passed around by these underground pedophile rings, except how he wasn't a victim because he liked it and actually was one of the ones who "seduced" the pedophiles. He's a man on a mission trying to normalize a level of sickness that most(some of his fans included) can't imagine.

Young Magus

Almost baffling....almost.

I just see USA 101

Well, there is always the next Milo fuckery going on to set yourself up for.

Dude is currently spinning hard as hell over this right now.

............. Man Sensui was right, humanity an't shit

andthebeatgoeson

I nominate 'I remember you' for the wall, Dreamy. I'm screamin over here. Considering all the alts who walked in this thread, i think we need this.

I, for the life of me, can't understand people who ignore Obamacare's impact on poor people. How? It has his fucking name on it. Poor people are less likely to go into debt because of Obamacare. It's undisputed fact. How is that not a win for poor people?

Considering racists response to Obamacare, we have to know he's done more for poor people than that phone program. Just because it doesn't work for you says nothing about the impact on other people. Expanding Medicare?

Pointing out Obama phones whole ignoring everything else is kinda fox news ish. I think he's a great president with flaws and a lot of opposition but this sounds like a terrible argument.

How about creating the consumer financial protection bureau?. Would that count in a detailed examination of his record? His leadership on the economy somehow missed black people? Wasn't black unemployment in the high 20's when he first started and now it's in the low teens? Or is this an argument that systematic racism is small now and Obama just failed to push the 'turn around 400 years of racism' button? His leadership on justice? We ain't never seen a justice department like holder's and won't see it for awhile. Yeah, they wiffed on wall street but hit some high notes on Ferguson and racial justice in a system covered in systemic racism and no national police force.

This ain't a love letter to Obama. But i can't cosign people who ignore the power of the presidency when half the legislature and a good chunk of the country was against him and did their best to oppose him. He was left with executive orders for the last few years and he still made an impact.

Btw, lots of people believe climate change will hurt the poor first and he led pretty well with that. Made us energy independent. And a lot of black people celebrated his stance on LGBT rights. I don't know the data but i assume that also means poor people. Talk about marginalized. Yeah, a lot of what he did didn't have a sticker that said 'I'm black and I'm proud' but that is not the same as 'he did nothing' for poor people. Dude is one of the most compassionate politicians you'll ever see and he's not given enough credit from both sides.

Sch1sm

I'm not going to go down this hole with you. I'm middling on Obama, I'm glad that he put out a positive image for people to aspire to, policy wise, the man literally did 1 substantial thing for poor people and that was the subsidized phones. I'm self-employed and doing decent financially, and I still can't justify budgeting for Obamacare, so I can't add that one.

Didn't do your research for one. Obamacare aside, subsidized phones aren't the only thing Obama did in favour of struggling citizens.

Let me help you with just a couple things from his first term alone:

1. Safety Net Expansion
  2. Extensions of Unemployment Benefits
  3. The Hardest Hit Fund

You can argue that these weren't substantial, but outside of the last point, millions were helped, a good portion even kept above the poverty line because of these policies. Even in that case, over 800k were. It's precisely this level of misinformation, that Obama did nothing but one failed thing for impoverished America, that's problematic with political discussions here. We can't overlook the fact that his 2nd term didn't allow him to do as he pleased since he wasn't dealt Democratic control of the Houses like his 1st.

I know he had racists like you wouldn't believe breathing down his neck. He did not arm us in any capacity to be able to deal with them when he left. Like I said, I'm sure he's doing or planning some good work.

What would he have done? No matter what he would have said, we'd have been SOL, and it shows in the last month alone.

Ya'll tag-teaming like you've got an other objective.

You can't make a post like that, @ someone for not debunking it and simply going for the low blows when you haven't even bothered to hit up Google with a couple of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom