• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlast is another game that doesn't really scare me except for one segment where you're trapped in a water filled cellar in the dark with a monster. I nearly beat the whole thing in an afternoon on a friend's PS4 years ago and I just honestly liked running at enemies to get by them.

Games that scare me are:

Silent Hill 1-4
Alien Trilogy
Clock Tower
Hellnight
Fatal Frame
Power Drill Massacre
White Day
Undertale
Phantasmagoria
Dead Space
Sweet Home
Gregory Horror Show
Siren
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth

Sch1sm

Outlast is another game that doesn't really scare me except for one segment where you're trapped in a water filled cellar in the dark with a monster. I nearly beat the whole thing in an afternoon on a friend's PS4 years ago and I just honestly liked running at enemies to get by them.

Games that scare me are:

Silent Hill 1-4
Alien Trilogy
Clock Tower
Hellnight
Fatal Frame
Power Drill Massacre
White Day
Undertale
Phantasmagoria
Dead Space
Sweet Home
Gregory Horror Show
Siren
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth

Undertale scared you? That one surprises me.

Johndoey

Banned
I don't think i've ever been scared by a video game. The closest I've gotten is Dead Space 2, Silent Hill 2, 4, and Rule Of Rose making me deeply uncomfortable. I have a disconnect because what i'm seeing is so obviously not real.

Undertale scared you? That one surprises me.

Characters get bizarrely grotesque and terrifying on a bad run. But what really got me was that throughout the entire game I kept seeing what looked like a split second of a sprite behind me disappearing. I thought it was a glitch. Kept happening all game. Near the end I got a good glimpse. It was the villain of the game, following me and watching me the whole way.

Nope. Fuck that.

Edit: Forgot Rule of Rose. That scared me too.

Slayven

Very few horror bothers me. Only shit that can happen for real like cannibal shit gets me. That and anything involving dolls. Dolls freak me out

Sch1sm

Characters get bizarrely grotesque and terrifying on a bad run. But what really got me was that throughout the entire game I kept seeing what looked like a split second of a sprite behind me disappearing. I thought it was a glitch. Kept happening all game. Near the end I got a good glimpse. It was the villain of the game, following me and watching me the whole way.

Nope. Fuck that.

I was too distracted by the Comic Sans text and the humour of it all, I think. You ain't wrong, though. One of my favourite games of 2015, probably of all time, between my Pacifist + Genocide runs alone.

Yes, my nephew saw the videos on youtube and thought it was a kid's game. He brought it on his ipad and noped the fuck out of it a minute later.

I bought a very large stuffed Freddy and hid it in my 17-year-old daughter's room. When she found it she threw things at me.....good times.

Numb

I just figured out where Rap music is heading in the next 20 years

Listen to those bars
https://youtu.be/C1AHec7sfZ8?list=RDqiiyq2xrSI0
i'll ignore the joke post since DNA is in the playlist

You ain't shit without a body on your belt
You ain't shit without a ticket on your plate
You ain't sick enough to pull it on yourself
You ain't rich enough to hit the lot and skate
Tell me when destruction gonna be my fate
Gonna be your fate, gonna be our faith
Peace to the world, let it rotate
Sex, money, murder—our DNA

I got, I got, I got, I got
Loyalty, got royalty inside my DNA
Cocaine quarter piece, got war and peace inside my DNA
I got power, poison, pain and joy inside my DNA
I got hustle though, ambition, flow, inside my DNA

full
You probably don't want to man

seems smart

LotusHD

Banned

That route in particular was just a bad time.

I was too distracted by the Comic Sans text and the humour of it all, I think. You ain't wrong, though. One of my favourite games of 2015, probably of all time, between my Pacifist + Genocide runs alone.

It's pretty good, but Flowey scared the shit out of me. Made me feel something bad was going to happen at any time.

Someone told me they leaned way in on the genital horror from Whistleblower so I figured i'd skip it.

That's a bizarre trend with indie horror games. Penumbra had it. Outlast has it. Amnesia has it. Not really sure what the point is other than shock value.

Outlast 2 is shit and relies on tropes to get people to be worried, child abuse being one...

It sure is, I watched my wife play it through without any of my help. She was legit stone faced compared to all the pausing and freaking out she was doing playing the first Outlast. Decided to just not even touch the game, very disappointing.

full

seems smart

l41YfcbSoHyk5quLC.gif

Dereck

full

seems smart
Nzb5zpi.png

Kreed

Marvel change the game, you can't "ground" shit anymore. You got to lean into it.

Can you imagine if Guardians came out in the 90s-00s? Groot would have been actual Vin Diesel in an all black outfit, and his name would have been Xean Danger with the secret code name "Groot" that you would have only seen in the first 5 minutes on a computer screen detailing the Guardian's mission to defend Earth from an Asteroid.

Can you imagine if Guardians came out in the 90s-00s? Groot would have been actual Vin Diesel in an all black outfit, and his name would have been Xean Danger with the secret code name "Groot" that you would have only seen in the first 5 minutes on a computer screen detailing the Guardian's mission to defend Earth from an Asteroid.

You stop now!

Mizerman

Everything about that is just evil and wrong.

Ben Stiller - J'Son Quill
Jonathan Taylor Thomas - Xean "Groot" Danger
Bruce Willis - The Destroyer
Tea Leoni - Gomorrah
John Leguizamo/Owen Wilson/Rob Schneider/Adam Sandler - Nuke the Raccoon
Tommy Lee Jones - Yondu Oblunta
Matthew Perry - Kraglin
Tony Shalhoub - The Collector
Famke Janssen - Nebula Notty
Gary Oldman - A Giant Evil Spider-Human Creature
Arnold Schwarzeneggar - Thanos

Directed by Brett Ratner. Written by Akiva Goldsman, writer of Batman and Robin and Lost in Space.

Ben Stiller - J'Son Quill
Jonathan Taylor Thomas - Xean "Groot" Danger
Bruce Willis - The Destroyer
Tea Leoni - Gomorrah
John Leguizamo/Owen Wilson/Rob Schneider/Adam Sandler - Nuke the Raccoon
Tommy Lee Jones - Yondu Oblunta
Matthew Perry - Kraglin
Tony Shalhoub - The Collector
Famke Janssen - Nebula Notty
Gary Oldman - A Giant Evil Spider-Human Creature
Arnold Schwarzeneggar - Thanos

Directed by Brett Ratner. Written by Akiva Goldsman, writer of Batman and Robin and Lost in Space.
Drax would clearly be Lucy Lawless

Yeah.

I still prefer Infernal Affairs though.

Ohh, i just remembered a couple of films for ya, Beefy.
Check out Johnnie To's Election 1 and 2.

They're both very good.

Oh shit, forgot about Johnnie To! Didn't he make Drug War too?

Yep, he did. Pretty good too!

andthebeatgoeson

These black colleges are a mess. Texas Southern just cancelled their speaker, a Republican senator. Was all the Democratic dudes booked? Stop dancing for these fools. Ain't no black graduating class trying to hear from the Nazi party on the best day of their life. You asking for it trying to extend an olive branch.

Slayven

Morning people

This is true

Slayven

“We got 18-year-olds that are leaving to go off to college, 18-year-olds starting their careers, 18-year-olds sacrificing their lives, going overseas to defend our liberty and what America stands for. Then you got this moron standing out there creating a Japanese anime whatever its called,

Damn Jandro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom