• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Logic - Everybody

For a significant portion of the album, Logic stakes a claim to his blackness with receipts, citing his great-grandfather the slave, his cousin Keisha, and saying “nigga” a few times. None of these race raps do anything meaningful. They say very little about the mechanics of racism and they say next to nothing insightful about being black in America. He spends more time denouncing rioters than killer cops on “America.” Trump gets a single bar of disapproval but Kanye gets several for meeting with him. Logic’s calls for civic action seem woefully ignorant to how oppression and white supremacy work—from the role of private prisons and redistricting to stop and frisks. To that end, not once does he consider how being white-passing could skew his perception of what it means to be black. He never even probes what it might mean when people assume that he’s white; either he refuses to engage thoughtfully here or he’s simply irresponsible. This isn’t just lazy, it’s messy. It's the #AllLivesMatter of rap albums.

CdDT4Re.png

LionPride

Banned
Can you imagine if Guardians came out in the 90s-00s? Groot would have been actual Vin Diesel in an all black outfit, and his name would have been Xean Danger with the secret code name "Groot" that you would have only seen in the first 5 minutes on a computer screen detailing the Guardian's mission to defend Earth from an Asteroid.
Jesus Christ you're right
Ben Stiller - J'Son Quill
Jonathan Taylor Thomas - Xean "Groot" Danger
Bruce Willis - The Destroyer
Tea Leoni - Gomorrah
John Leguizamo/Owen Wilson/Rob Schneider/Adam Sandler - Nuke the Raccoon
Tommy Lee Jones - Yondu Oblunta
Matthew Perry - Kraglin
Tony Shalhoub - The Collector
Famke Janssen - Nebula Notty
Gary Oldman - A Giant Evil Spider-Human Creature
Arnold Schwarzeneggar - Thanos

Directed by Brett Ratner. Written by Akiva Goldsman, writer of Batman and Robin and Lost in Space.
I'm...why...although John as Rocket would be aight
Why are white mums so chill compared to black mums? 🤔
Their children ain't gotta worry about as much shit if they go out depending on the circumstances
Logic - Everybody

For a significant portion of the album, Logic stakes a claim to his blackness with receipts, citing his great-grandfather the slave, his cousin Keisha, and saying “nigga” a few times. None of these race raps do anything meaningful. They say very little about the mechanics of racism and they say next to nothing insightful about being black in America. He spends more time denouncing rioters than killer cops on “America.” Trump gets a single bar of disapproval but Kanye gets several for meeting with him. Logic’s calls for civic action seem woefully ignorant to how oppression and white supremacy work—from the role of private prisons and redistricting to stop and frisks. To that end, not once does he consider how being white-passing could skew his perception of what it means to be black. He never even probes what it might mean when people assume that he’s white; either he refuses to engage thoughtfully here or he’s simply irresponsible. This isn’t just lazy, it’s messy. It's the #AllLivesMatter of rap albums.

CdDT4Re.png
Woof

I was legit shook first time i heard a white friend tell his mom to leave him alone.
Bruh same

I was legit shook first time i heard a white friend tell his mom to leave him alone.

My friend's mom cussed my mom out because she would let me to the Grand canyon with them. This was when I was 6 years old. They have a completely different get down. My mom finished that conversation. I never saw that friend again

Imm0rt4l

Logic - Everybody

CdDT4Re.png
I was going to write out a long biting criticism, but I'ma just say co-sign.

Also,the album was originally called AfriKAryan. Which was enough for me to write this shit off from the beginning. This dude had Neil Tyson playing God in some long ass skit about the universe that ain't make no sense. He could have called this album "Existential musings of a tragic mulatto" and it would be less offensive and sadly accurate.

Young Magus

Logic - Everybody

CdDT4Re.png

He could have called this album "Existential musings of a tragic mulatto" and it would be less offensive and sadly accurate.

3dcac7c45252d1d08aa8e97510918e24a45cf053_hq.jpg

Slayven

Also,the album was originally called AfriKAryan. Which was enough for me to write this shit off from the beginning. This dude had Neil Tyson playing God in some long ass skit about the universe that ain't make no sense. He could have called this album "Existential musings of a tragic mulatto" and it would be less offensive and sadly accurate.

Damn son, you are not allowed to review my work. I don't i could survive

darklin0

Banned

--

Morning.

Gonna head out and watch Guardians for the second time tonight.

jmood88

Logic - Everybody

CdDT4Re.png
That album was disappointed as hell. After I heard that black Spider-Man song, I was hoping the rest of the album wasn't like that but it's all just him whining about people saying he's not black.

Undertale is the closest thing a game's gotten to scaring me, moreso in terms of the existential shit than any, like, jump scares specifically.

That's a bizarre trend with indie horror games. Penumbra had it. Outlast has it. Amnesia has it. Not really sure what the point is other than shock value.

It's older than indie titles - that shit goes back into older games like Persona, Ecco the Dolphin, etc.

Logic - Everybody

CdDT4Re.png

YOOOOO!

Malyse

Got in the Secret World Legends beta.

I need to read all my manga and comics and watch all the anime and cartoons on my computer to have room to install it.

Did ya'll see
the black chick
in the first episode of the second season of Master of None.

I was hoping he'd meet up with her again. That would've been cool. You don't see black and Indian relationships hardly at all.

How much have you watched already? Episode 4 was pretty funny. When
Dev saw the Aunt Jemima Jar yo and when the white girl said that was hypocritical of him, what was he supposed to do? He was deep in the pussy then. You expected him to pull out and be like "NO!"? Shit had me wiling out!
Oh and the motherfucking Thanksgiving episode.

That was the black shit right there. I could really empathize with Denise in that episode.
I mean I remember when I went through the same thing. I feel like I got it a little worse. When I told my mother she went on about Jesus and God and all that and seemed angry with me for a while. I haven't found anyone yet so I didn't have to deal with bringing anyone home yet, but I definitely feel my mother would've said don't bring any white girls home line like Basset did in this. Yo, how fucking funny was it at the 2015 dinner scene when she brought home the 2nd girl?
I lost my shit!
Dev put her on blast and the amount of facial expressions had a negro tripping. That shit was so funny and then Aunty calling her a thot.
That ending was so sweet too.

Sch1sm

But I spoilered that shit tho.

On mobile, just now, that image is straight up there. The text is spoilered, which I appreciate, trust. But I didn't click any part of your post and I see that dinner scene. S'all good on my end, 'cause I watched, but other people might not have yet. 🤷🏽

Kreed

Gave the Street Fighter V beta a shot but I quickly saw that wasn't for someone that hasn't played Street Fighter in a minute.

That album was disappointed as hell. After I heard that black Spider-Man song, I was hoping the rest of the album wasn't like that but it's all just him whining about people saying he's not black.

Logic reminds me of Childish Gambino, with complaining about being an outcast/not acting black enough replaced with ancestry.

That's how I see him.

I definitely understand folks feeling a type of way, them pulling the rug from under us like that. I'm not all that invested honestly.

I just never bought it in the first place. Him in the storm trooper outfit just like Luke was is the biggest tell from the advertising..they weren't gonna rehash it that blatantly. Add that picture of Rey with the staff parallel to Kylo's saber and it made it pretty clear to me she was the main focus..

I do kinda understand why folks might have been disappointed, but some just take the shit way too far. Literally the hero of the movie, if people took the time to pay attention..

Dereck

I was hoping he'd meet up with her again. That would've been cool. You don't see black and Indian relationships hardly at all.

How much have you watched already? Episode 4 was pretty funny. When
Dev saw the Aunt Jemima Jar yo and when the white girl said that was hypocritical of him, what was he supposed to do? He was deep in the pussy then. You expected him to pull out and be like "NO!"? Shit had me wiling out!
Oh and the motherfucking Thanksgiving episode.

That was the black shit right there. I could really empathize with Denise in that episode.
I mean I remember when I went through the same thing. I feel like I got it a little worse. When I told my mother she went on about Jesus and God and all that and seemed angry with me for a while. I haven't found anyone yet so I didn't have to deal with bringing anyone home yet, but I definitely feel my mother would've said don't bring any white girls home line like Basset did in this. Yo, how fucking funny was it at the 2015 dinner scene when she brought home the 2nd girl?
I lost my shit!
Dev put her on blast and the amount of facial expressions had a negro tripping. That shit was so funny and then Aunty calling her a thot.
That ending was so sweet too.
Agree with everything you said.

Michelle though.

I had a slightly similar experience with my Dad when I told him I was an Atheist 4 years ago

Shy

OH, and morning,I guess..who needs sleep? 😃🔫
Afternoon BCT
Morning people
Morning possessors on melanin
Yup. It's a morning alright. Have a good one, BCT.
Mornin' all.
Good afternoon, BCT.
Evening all.
That nigga comic relief breh
PQnmnF1.gif

akira28

Jesus Christ you're right

I'm...why...although John as Rocket would be aight

you think so, but they would just give him a legit bad cosplay costume. Dude would have a paint on black nose, a furry hat, and racoon face makeup.

and groot would just have some kind of photosynthesis healing power they could represent with green leafy fur and green glowing blood in the single 'when he gets wounded' scene.

If Finn isn't a Jedi.

We riot.

black jedi in a trump era? not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom