• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Pfft, trying to make me choke on that shit

What?? No.......

What???

giphy.gif

You crazy....

Slayven

Trying to remember the name of a game fromt he 16 bit era. All I remember was it was an adventure game and you were a normal dude on an alien planet and you were trying to figure out how you got there. It reminded me a lot of the Odd world games

D i Z

Trying to remember the name of a game fromt he 16 bit era. All I remember was it was an adventure game and you were a normal dude on an alien planet and you were trying to figure out how you got there. It reminded me a lot of the Odd world games

Fade to Black?

How many years has Minister Louis Farrakhan been on this same message?
https://www.facebook.com/nazaire73/posts/1344191242301062

People nod, but we can't point to one example where this is getting done.

He is not the only one to ever have this view I was just watching this video yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXutJ6qrXYQ

We are so jelly about the power of other communities, shit being Haitian, I want Haiti to be successful too and when not seeing that success it is hard to watch others get it done sometimes

Faustek

What kind of biscuits we talking?

Rosquillas and buttermilk biscuits good enough for you? Had some today as the neighbour needed help with their mower and I tell ya. Those are damn good. I can fix her mower any day if she keeps a healthy stock of those around.

Times are rough. You get the expired wafers until something can be sorted out.

Times are good for me
Most of the time
so I can manage to send biscuits.

What happens in villain books? I'm curious.

Thanos just saves the whole damn universe from imploding on itself. Villain style though.
Then again, is he a villain? I mean what he did was something non of those nerds in Tights ever managed. So murdering everything he feels like murdering but at the same time saving everything? Man it's hard to call Thanos a villain :3

Slayven, make these fools read the Thanos arcs. Those are a must read for anyone even considering going into the upcoming movies. Well maybe not BP but the Infinity movies(or what they where called again).

Beefy

Rosquillas and buttermilk biscuits good enough for you? Had some today as the neighbour needed help with their mower and I tell ya. Those are damn good. I can fix her mower any day if she keeps a healthy stock of those around.

Times are good for me
Most of the time
so I can manage to send biscuits.

Deal fam!

Shy

Afternoon fam
Mornin' everyone.
Evening bct
G' afternoon lovely's.
Evening all.
I know other people have answered. But i wanna say it too, damn it.

The game you're thinking about it Flashback.

Fucking love that game.
Fade to Black?
Fade To Black was the 3D sequel. I hear wasn't very good.

Which is a shame, because i always wanted to pick it up when i got a PS1.

Black Panther? No, he's still got a movie to star in*.

They did cancel that book though. Looks like BP was going to get a little lesson in radicalism from some fighters from the civil rights era.

*Not that that stopped Marvel before, but TNhC has a story to tell.

I was talking about Nighthawk.

akira28

How many years has Minister Louis Farrakhan been on this same message?
https://www.facebook.com/nazaire73/posts/1344191242301062

People nod, but we can't point to one example where this is getting done.

He is not the only one to ever have this view I was just watching this video yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXutJ6qrXYQ

We are so jelly about the power of other communities, shit being Haitian, I want Haiti to be successful too and when not seeing that success it is hard to watch others get it done sometimes

takes time. like people say, the focus has been broken. Its hard to get black people to actually spend money on black business. gotta build a network, and then nodes, and then more networks. You have billion dollar commercial networks telling them to do otherwise. And then you still have to make the black business available and known enough. I think it will happen organically, like our people do, and this time we won't let anyone burn it down. And we won't abandon it for other promises, and we won't tear it apart and split it amongst ourselves and go our separate ways.

I was talking about Nighthawk.

No, they did a cliffhanger or two, but they resolved the serial killer half of that story arc. Maybe in 7 years around time for Black Panther 2 hear they'll let someone do another 'hawk run.

we'll see who's in charge around then.

Faustek

Watching Xenoblade 2 tree house stream.
https://youtu.be/NfGk6VMcJsw

They really need to fix that loot gathering area. Or just make it autopickup. Not gonna run on every damn single shiny.

And damn, Monolith really likes pushing the Nintendo systems for more than they can manage.

RedSwirl

*Morbidly curious, looks up Another on YouTube. Then immediately regrets decision.*

I didn't know what I expected.....

--------------------

I turn 24 today, gonna enjoy work, then head to the store to buy silverware, head home, then enjoy Tekken 7 and a nice steak dinner with baked potatoes with bacon bits and melted cheese and a nice cake.

What is this? Final Destination: The Anime?

Happy Birthday.

LionPride

Banned
You know what was a great Black TV Show?

Girlfriends

My mom and I watched that when I was younger. Shit still great. I also watched Living Single which is one of my faves.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Watching Xenoblade 2 tree house stream.
https://youtu.be/NfGk6VMcJsw

They really need to fix that loot gathering area. Or just make it autopickup. Not gonna run on every damn single shiny.

And damn, Monolith really likes pushing the Nintendo systems for more than they can manage.

just started watching this, already disappointed that they seem to be dropping the exploration focus from XCX. also everything they've said about the female lead so far sounds lame. she's literally there just to charge up your weapon?

Faustek

While I'm hear already asking about comic stuff, what's a good motivation for a shapeshifter villain?

Stealing Lex Luthers stolen cookies.

LOL. Thanks.

But i wasn't raised at all. Had to find my own way.

Eh. I'm ok. Not a fan of all this muggy bollocks.

Even more impressive then ✊🏾

Girlfriends

My mom and I watched that when I was younger. Shit still great. I also watched Living Single which is one of my faves.

Haven't watched Girlfriends... My bad but living Single is legit. Never finished it though. I should fix that. Man Netflix needs to step up their game with these old series and I don't mean friends.

just started watching this, already disappointed that they seem to be dropping the exploration focus from XCX. also everything they've said about the female lead so far sounds lame. she's literally there just to charge up your weapon?

Exploration was the saving grace for XCX. The story was shit. The female lead in question isn't even that. She's just one of those that can charge you up. So yeah, she's the sexy tool and nothing else. So far.

D i Z

Girlfriends

Girlfriends was good.

Since you like that, might I interest you in another Tracee Ellis Ross show that you might not have heard of?

akira28

Eh. I'm ok. Not a fan of all this muggy bollocks.

shy my dude you got to get old school southern. I know they have to have ginger ale over there. get a 5lb bag of crushed ice or I guess what 2.4 kilograms or so. also do you have lime sherbet? You will need lots of ginger ale, and also a window fan.

And shorts. turn off all the lights because all light does is attract heat.

Sch1sm

Hey Sch1sm, what CPU you have in your rig(s)? I feel like I don't know how shop for these things anymore.

i7 4790k in the “older” one. i7 7700k in the newer one because the price difference between it and the 6700K were negligible. 449 vs 399 at the time.

Don’t forget the i5s as options. Dunno if you’re looking for something you can overclock, but the 6600K is still a viable option, 100%, and it’d be cheaper at around < $300. 7600K is its Kaby Lake successor.

AMD’s Ryzen is looking hot, though. Don’t overlook that.

Don’t forget the I Need A New PC thread if you have more in depth questions, and use PC Part Picker to make sure about compatibility.

Shy

shy my dude you got to get old school southern. I know they have to have ginger ale over there. get a 5lb bag of crushed ice or I guess what 2.4 kilograms or so. also do you have lime sherbet? You will need lots of ginger ale, and also a window fan.

And shorts. turn off all the lights because all light does is attract heat.
LOL. I'll get on it. &#128516;

Thanks for the tips.

Faustek

Yeah, Roc was good....

One does not simply steal the shit that Lex stole.

Luke Cage would.

i7 4790k in the “older” one. i7 7700k in the newer one because the price difference between it and the 6700K were negligible. 449 vs 399 at the time.

Don’t forget the i5s as options. Dunno if you’re looking for something you can overclock, but the 6600K is still a viable option, 100%, and it’d be cheaper at around < $300. 7600K is its Kaby Lake successor.

Don’t forget the I Need A New PC thread if you have more in depth questions, and use PC Part Picker to make sure about compatibility.

Hmm, wondering if Ryzen is worth it considering the lower ram speeds and slower cpu clock. All I'm doing is emulating, encoding videos, playing Civilisation and checking bct.
Oh and did Ryzen ever get confirmation for playing 4k bds? That shit annoys me to no end.

My 3770k is starting to show its age. Especially when encoding.

I'm looking to go i7 this time around. I currently have an i5 3570K.
I'm just trying to decide......

Sch1sm

Luke Cage would.

Hmm, wondering if Ryzen is worth it considering the lower ram speeds and slower cpu clock. All I'm doing is emulating, encoding videos, playing Civilisation and checking bct.
Oh and did Ryzen ever get confirmation for playing 4k bds? That shit annoys me to no end.

My 3770k is starting to show its age. Especially when encoding.

It really depends on what you’re doing. If it’s all games, then you’re probably better off with Intel CPUs, anyway.

I'm looking to go i7 this time around. I currently have an i5 3570K.
I'm just trying to decide......

May as well go big and not replace shit for years. That’s why I went 7700K, anyway. I’d say 6700K, but like I said. Price difference ain’t shit. &#128557;

It really depends on what you’re doing. If it’s all games, then you’re probably better off with Intel CPUs, anyway.

May as well go big and not replace shit for years. That’s why I went 7700K, anyway. I’d say 6700K, but like I said. Price difference ain’t shit. &#128557;

I was going just get a new video card, but then I noticed prices went up for some reason. So I said screw it...I might as well buy a new system if I'm going to be spending that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom