• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 6ers in a few years
whew.png

Dai101

Banned
Afternoon ladies and gents.

How the hell i ended watching the last couple hours (if it weren't for Tekken 7 finals i bet it would be longer than that) watching this YT channel about a guy talking and reviewing hatches.

Sch1sm

I was going just get a new video card, but then I noticed prices went up for some reason. So I said screw it...I might as well buy a new system if I'm going to be spending that much.

Yeah. I crossed the border for my 1070 the first time. Was cheaper since I was already there. You’re easily looking at $1k+ for CPU and GPU alone, more if you go right for that 1080. I’d say Titan, but the way the Canadian dollar is set up.

The 6ers in a few years
whew.png

3 years and they’re contenders, 💯.

shingi70

Banned
Happy Birthday Lighting

While I'm here already asking about comic stuff, what's a good motivation for a shapeshifter villain?

Smallville had a pair of Episoides featuring a shapeshifter that became obsessed with the female lead and tried to get her to love her and then tried to supplant and steal her identity.

As for your early inquiry about Villian books they typically fall into

Anti Hero books - Harley Squad
Day to Day books - Kingpin, Penguin, Superior Foes

Than you have some like deathstroke which is the Villiwn doing his villainous shit and for the most part getting away with it.

TheSun

just started watching this, already disappointed that they seem to be dropping the exploration focus from XCX. also everything they've said about the female lead so far sounds lame. she's literally there just to charge up your weapon?

Yep, not feeling this one.

I wasn't down on the character designs at first, even liked the stupid blue pants, but yeah starting to think the designs aren't great.

Hopefully Xenoblade X 2 will be cool.

Yeah. I crossed the border for my 1070 the first time. Was cheaper since I was already there. You’re easily looking at $1k+ for CPU and GPU alone, more if you go right for that 1080. I’d say Titan, but the way the Canadian dollar is set up.

My 970 has hold out for little longer. Just CPU+MB+RAM(no choice) and I tossed in an new Samsung SSD as well — thats about $988.87 + tax I'm looking at.

Furyous

Afternoon ladies and gents.

How the hell i ended watching the last couple hours (if it weren't for Tekken 7 finals i bet it would be longer than that) watching this YT channel about a guy talking and reviewing hatches.

*fist bump*

Tell me why I went down the gun rabbit hole and watched a good three hours of hickok reviewing guns. Shit had me hyped wanting to walk around with my baby clock on waist and my sword on back on some getsuga tenshou shit. Then I came out of my daydream and realized carrying my baby clock might get me shot even though I have a concealed carry permit.

Don't sit here and front like Why Dont You And I ain't a certified opening pitch. It's a fastball coming down the strike zone. All you have to do is swing the bat and victory walk around the bases.

shingi70

Banned
Slade slept with his son's fiancee and snapped the neck of his seeing eye dog.

Dudes a piece of shit, considering Terra his interactions with Power Girl are pretty damn icky. Ignoring Terra was Batshit crazy you can see how Slde can manipulate people well.

That aside I do wish Power Girl would get her own book, I love it when super smart teens and kids are still written like they're age and not small adults like damien.

Happy Birthday Lighting

Smallville had a pair of Episoides featuring a shapeshifter that became obsessed with the female lead and tried to get her to love her and then tried to supplant and steal her identity.

As for your early inquiry about Villian books they typically fall into

Anti Hero books - Harley Squad
Day to Day books - Kingpin, Penguin, Superior Foes

Than you have some like deathstroke which is the Villiwn doing his villainous shit and for the most part getting away with it.

Thanks, friend.

takes time. like people say, the focus has been broken. Its hard to get black people to actually spend money on black business. gotta build a network, and then nodes, and then more networks. You have billion dollar commercial networks telling them to do otherwise. And then you still have to make the black business available and known enough. I think it will happen organically, like our people do, and this time we won't let anyone burn it down. And we won't abandon it for other promises, and we won't tear it apart and split it amongst ourselves and go our separate ways.

I hope to live to see that day, that is why I really love the idea of a Wakanda (what a scary powerful idea that is) but our brothers and sisters need to embrace Science and Math more and less religion as our core motivation of purpose. The only truly successful black community I've seen growing up is the Black Church and that is hardly ties to our own origins. If only we had as much passion for education, science, and things that can really advance our community as much as I see the Church tied to all successes and togetherness that I find.

If you want to see a proud black community, see the Nation of Islam, Black Baptists and all the other Faiths handed down to us by others.

I am not saying there is no Faith in China-Town or Korea-Town, just pointing out that is not the core of what drives their community.

I know we are proud of our faiths. In Haiti growing up I saw that mostly every school or hospital was attached to a missionary from White middle-America, teaching the Haitians what is truly important in life. Not this world but the next. Don't worry about your poverty or disease, Jesus has a Kingdom waiting for you.

No offense to my Christian and Muslim family here, but until we see our life here and now as just as worth the success and happiness as the promised after-life we put out hopes on. We will always feel like a victimized and cursed people needing saving. To touch and work on real things of substance... Not just feeling blessed, but actually knowing and using your talents and your brain for something physical, touchable, that you don't need to believe in for it to prosper.

I feel we like our suffering too much.

OT: I was watching a video a few hours ago and lost the link to it, even in my browser history it is gone because it auto played after another video I was watching.

I don't think this is the first time I've seen this scene but always wanted to know what movie or TV show it was from.

In the scene there is a modern black male talking to African slaves in the belly of a dutch slave ship, he was telling them of our future as a people. And he ended with, "Get angry and Burn this motherfucker down!"

can someone point me to the film?

D i Z

OT: I was watching a video a few hours ago and lost the link to it, even in my browser history it is gone because it auto played after another video I was watching.

I don't think this is the first time I've seen this scene but always wanted to know what movie or TV show it was from.

In the scene there is a modern black male talking to African slaves in the belly of a dutch slave ship, he was telling them of our future as a people. And he ended with, "Get angry and Burn this motherfucker down!"

can someone point me to the film?

American Gods. It''s tv show. I think that was episode 3 or 4.

fuck these CNN pop-ups on my MacBook I had to go check sheesh I need to turn that stuff off but I don't know how.

Me: "Siri, Turn off CNN alerts"

Siri: Turns on a musical number from Macbeth scene 1 from iTunes Store.

I need a Siri that understands my Haitian Accent

Slayven

fuck these CNN pop-ups on my MacBook I had to go check sheesh I need to turn that stuff off but I don't know how.

Me: "Siri, Turn off CNN alerts"

Siri: Turns on a musical number from Macbeth scene 1 from iTunes Store.

I need a Siri that understands my Haitian Accent

Humble bragging about that apple cheddar

ah a STARZ show, can't afford more streaming accounts right now. I'll forget I am on a 7 day free trial like last time

Humble bragging about that apple cheddar

still paying that shit off too :(

edit: another really neat feature about a MacBook is when you write macbook the asshole changes it to MacBook as soon as you hit the spacebar so you look like a brand loving asshat,
the only way to get macbook is to edit it out by click x before it changes it.

Slayven

Steam sale in 3 days. Sch1sm you can buy me Civ 5

ah a STARZ show, can't afford more streaming accounts right now. I'll forget I am on a 7 day free trial like last time

still paying that shit off too :(

edit: another really neat feature about a MacBook is when you write macbook the asshole changes it to MacBook as soon as you hit the spacebar so you look like a brand loving asshat,
the only way to get macbook is to edit it out by click x before it changes it.

That is hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom