• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been having time to do shit when I got home since I started this job since I have to get up so early to catch 4 buses to get to work. I also have to figure out how the hell I'm going to get their Saturday because the bus doesn't run on the weekends.

Good night.

akira28

Endless Space
Endless legend expansion
Galactic Civ 3 expansion
Superhot

Things i wanted most wasn't even on sale

I see someone selling a key for this in the BST thread every so often for 4 or so bucks. I keep saying I'll bite, but I already have so many games and my conscience doesn't allow me to contact him.

I haven't been having time to do shit when I got home since I started this job since I have to get up so early to catch 4 buses to get to work. I also have to figure out how the hell I'm going to get their Saturday because the bus doesn't run on the weekends.

Good night.

Night, NAT. Hope you find some transportation for Saturday.

D i Z

Good evening Mr. Jones.

Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif

Peace out Bla... Ni... 23....

Ms.

D i Z

"Kamau Bell visits Coal Country"

He made it back! I guess we're welcome now. Who what's to go on a trip for the purpose of out reach and understanding?

---------

Basketball is dead to me until they ban that dude from my stadium and all news channels.

-----
Slay didn't burn those comics to save us from a shit show Defenders season. You can all thank him for his selfishness when you re-up your accounts and are disappointed.

akira28

"Kamau Bell visits Coal Country"

He made it back! I guess we're welcome now. Who what's to go on a trip for the purpose of out reach and understanding?

you can go almost anywhere in America when you have a white camera man and a press pass saying some people know where you are, and expect you to come back.

Slayven

I see someone selling a key for this in the BST thread every so often for 4 or so bucks. I keep saying I'll bite, but I already have so many games and my conscience doesn't allow me to contact him.
The tutorial is crazy, each time you learn something new it drops the game's name like "DJ Klue" on a mp3 you downloaded from Kazaa
"
-----
Slay didn't burn those comics to save us from a shit show Defenders season. You can all thank him for his selfishness when you re-up your accounts and are disappointed.

Not going to lie, I am hyped for it. Stick getting them together and saying they ain't shit is going to be fun

D i Z

you can go almost anywhere in America when you have a white camera man and a press pass saying some people know where you are, and expect you to come back.

Reminds me of that other show (I forget the name and the host) on the same network that just got canceled.
They went to India to talk to a cannibal cult, and the cultist really didn't like him, so he threatened to cut off his head if he kept talking. CNN dude begged his people to keep them occupied while he slunk away quietly. I wonder why the show got canceled?

Not going to lie, I am hyped for it. Stick getting them together and saying they ain't shit is going to be fun

They really need to come with it. I kind of feel like they have wasted time on getting the hand to max villain status.

BigDes

Slayven is the Jessica Jones book still being written with Jess being super unlikable and horrible to everyone for no reason or has Bendis stopped being a tit?

akira28

Slayven is the Jessica Jones book still being written with Jess being super unlikable and horrible to everyone for no reason or has Bendis stopped being a tit?

I sometimes wonder when people can't write complicated characters, but instead always make them just plain shitty and unlikable, do they have their own personality flaws they can't deal with and they manifest in their work somehow.

Maybe they think "this is normal, this is how healthy people act." Meanwhile I'm dangling the comic book over the wastebin instead of trying to finish it.

Slayven

Spiderman thread is getting lit, dude up in there talking about tribalism. I never liked any arguement that revolved around that word.

Last i heard She and luke were separated.

I sometimes wonder when people can't write complicated characters, but instead always make them just plain shitty and unlikable, do they have their own personality flaws they can't deal with and they manifest in their work somehow.

Some people confuse "growth" with being an asshole

BigDes

I read the first two issues and it was basically Jessica going around calling all her friends bitches and also Luke thinks she may have killed their kid.

It's like Mark Millar got hold of the script.

Then I read Defenders and everything is fine?

Slayven

I read the first two issues and it was basically Jessica going around calling all her friends bitches and also Luke thinks she may have killed their kid.

It's like Mark Millar got hold of the script.

Then I read Defenders and everything is fine?

Why they let Mark Millar right anything after Ultimate Red Skull i will never know. Like who read that and thought "yeah people need to know about this".

The concept of Red Skull being the angry kid of Captain America is interesting, but beyond that it was straight dumpster fire.

It started to lose....steam....from like maybe 2013 onwards. However, I did purchase one game at least.

I've bought three so far. I guess it just depends on whether you can find anything interesting or not.

I hope you're not talking about Alias like that.

Shy

Why they let Mark Millar right anything after Ultimate Red Skull i will never know. Like who read that and thought "yeah people need to know about this".

The concept of Red Skull being the angry kid of Captain America is interesting, but beyond that it was straight dumpster fire.
qr0dlZv.gif

Slayven

Well in their universe Captain America slept with a woman before his last big mission. She got pregnant. The Government found out and raised the kid on a secret army base. Kid got tired of hearing how awesome his dad was, flipped out and killed everybody at the base. He then ripped the skin off his head(becoming the red skull) and traveled the world being a terrorist and asshole

Zekes!

Well in their universe Captain America slept with a woman before his last big mission. She got pregnant. The Government found out and raised the kid on a secret army base. Kid got tired of hearing how awesome his dad was, flipped out and killed everybody at the base. He then ripped the skin off his head(becoming the red skull) and traveled the world being a terrorist and asshole

word?

D i Z

I'd have something to say about comic book fans being raised by the wrong heroes since forever, but the damned fan screen in my shower just fell out, and either I fix it, or I call someone else to do it.

I guess I'm fixing it....

Slayven

I'd have something to say about comic book fans being raised by the wrong heroes since forever, but the damned fan screen in my shower just fell out, and either I fix it, or I call someone else to do it.

I guess I'm fixing it....

I will never get the Punisher love, well i get it, but it doesn't stop me from finding it uncomfortable.

The fact Cops and the Military adopt his symbol so readily says a lot

Like yeah, you gotta be whacked out in the head to put on some tights and a mask and go punch dudes at night for justice and shit.

But in a world where people can blow up mountains because they had a headache, I get it.

Punisher is quite literally a profoundly mentally ill man who murders people because he wants to murder people. And I'm supposed to LIKE him.

Cap laying his ass out in Civil War is the only moment in that whole mess worth a damn.

Slayven

Like yeah, you gotta be whacked out in the head to put on some tights and a mask and go punch dudes at night for justice and shit.

But in a world where people can blow up mountains because they had a headache, I get it.

Punisher is quite literally a profoundly mentally ill man who murders people because he wants to murder people. And I'm supposed to LIKE him.

Cap laying his ass out in Civil War is the only moment in that whole mess worth a damn.
That is why they always doing shit to him, because he never grows as a character beyond that shit

Like i always say, whats dudes shoot people in the face then goes and cries in his van down by the river.

thunderbolts1.jpeg

The tagline for this lineup should be "Who gives a shit?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom