• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DC-JfREWAAAeKjr.jpg[/IMG]

North West is a cute child, but that puppy looks like it wants to escape.

Beefy

Pomeranian is my favorite breed.

These are the best dogs:

3LajePF.gif

Very lose-lose if you get poor service at a restaurant as a black guy. You either tip poorly and "confirm" a stereotype or you pay extra for terrible service.

Random, obvious thought.

Very lose-lose if you get poor service at a restaurant as a black guy. You either tip poorly and "confirm" a stereotype or you pay extra for terrible service.

Random, obvious thought.
Who cares about the stereotype? If its shit service you give em a shit tip and thats that. If they got a problem with that they should work on their customer service.

Repost if you cry every time. 😭

I don't think I ever feel anything about this fight, just another monster to kill.
I felt a little something but then i remembered all the times he killed me on my original playthrough and all that was on my mind was "fuck him, im happy i get to kill him again"

andthebeatgoeson

Random, obvious thought.
Tip poorly and i just explain. Was at a Chinese restaurant a month ago and the lady barely came by. Until the end when she handed me the bill and stood behind me. She had the nerve to ask why i didn't give her at least 10%.

I told her the service was poor. She never refilled our water, never checked in, ignored an order, completely terrible. I usually get shook thinking about the stereotype but that's my money and i sacrifice enough to the tipping Gods when i give great tips to average waiters. And I'm still not okay with 20% and still give it regularly (those ny nikkas have screwed us).

But bad service: 2-3 bucks and you gonna hear my old black ass complaining.

----

Nintendo: far be it for me to criticize how people spend their money but I'll be throwing side eyes because people are gonna buy into the hype, think they need it and it won't be available so they'll be upset. It Nintendo produced 5 million, we would be wondering why they made so many for something whose value is trash.

20 games, for 3 bucks a game and you can't update it? Apparently everyone loves it, it's got great form factor, yadda yadda yadda. Tell 2012 me that same sentence and i would be wondering why they just don't go hard on VC and it sounds garbage. But they convinced a bunch of people it was worth it and people may need to line up.

Okay.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
That SNES classic lineup is fucking phenomenal.

Only nintendo would sell 21 40 year old games for 80 bucks.

4 bucks a game is not bad, even if you weren't getting hardware. They usually sell SNES games for more than that on Virtual Console.

I know we all like to pretend we're comparing these game prices to something other than the free roms you can download online, but the price is good.

For comparison, Sega sells their Genesis games for 3 bucks each on PC, and they have to compete with "free" on the same platform.

Slayven

That SNES classic lineup is fucking phenomenal.

4 bucks a game is not bad, even if you weren't getting hardware. They usually sell SNES games for more than that on Virtual Console.

I know we all like to pretend we're comparing these game prices to something other than the free roms you can download online, but the price is good.

For comparison, Sega sells their Genesis games for 3 bucks each on PC, and they have to compete with "free" on the same platform.
81mMvaaH%2BgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

40 bucks

Who cares about the stereotype? If its shit service you give em a shit tip and thats that. If they got a problem with that they should work on their customer service.

Tip poorly and i just explain. Was at a Chinese restaurant a month ago and the lady barely came by. Until the end when she handed me the bill and stood behind me. She had the nerve to ask why i didn't give her at least 10%.

I told her the service was poor. She never refilled our water, never checked in, ignored an order, completely terrible. I usually get shook thinking about the stereotype but that's my money and i sacrifice enough to the tipping Gods when i give great tips to average waiters. And I'm still not okay with 20% and still give it regularly (those ny nikkas have screwed us).

But bad service: 2-3 bucks and you gonna hear my old black ass complaining.

True. I get nervous about it in some areas, but maybe that's just me lol. I just thought of my trip to Myrtle Beach last year, where our service was slow and our waitress never checked on us. Of course, we were the only black ppl in the restaurant. My girlfriend was heated. Ended up giving a really good tip, figuring we would get more shit if we didn't. And no time to explain in such an environment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom