• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember paying 60 dollars for SNES games.

Not saying we should be payign more, but the industry needs to change

Inflation alone puts game prices much closer to $100. That's just simple math and logic. They have to make up the 40 or the whole thing falls apart. The industry can't survive on the back of shovel Knight. Just doesn't work that way. Games like Minecraft are anomalies. The big budget titles drive the masses. Pay for them or watch companies leave the industry because the ROI isn't there

Slayven

Inflation alone puts game prices much closer to $100. That's just simple math and logic. They have to make up the 40 or the whole thing falls apart. The industry can't survive on the back of shovel Knight. Just doesn't work that way. Games like Minecraft are anomalies. The big budget titles drive the masses. Pay for them or watch companies leave the industry because the ROI isn't there

Know the most fucked up thing? Is the steam worship, they literally exist just to take 30 percent from devs.

Know the most fucked up thing? Is the steam worship, they literally exist just to take 30 percent from devs.

They think haven't is their friend. He sells cheap games, but that hurts the value of games and further depresses prices for Indies. The devs everyone loves to champion. Smh. They just want the 80s back. Forgetting we paid 60+ for 4-6 hour games. That's it. You played that shit til the Nintendo turned itself off

Faustek

I feel you on the whining of DLC and such and often it is people screaming foul before we even know what it is but you can't deny that there is also an unhealthy amount of shit going on with DLC. Some parts that definitely should have been in the Base game.

Also... I pay way more for games these days than my parents did for anything back in the 80/90s, not counting DLC now. Seems that only certain countries have that fixed price.

Been good so far imo, wacky af

Yeah first down. On second now. I like it.
Kinda enjoying it to as I barely read anything of it prior to this as well.

Slayven

They think haven't is their friend. He sells cheap games, but that hurts the value of games and further depresses prices for Indies. The devs everyone loves to champion. Smh. They just want the 80s back. Forgetting we paid 60+ for 4-6 hour games. That's it. You played that shit til the Nintendo turned itself off

Thats it, folks need to stop thinking of companies of their friends. It's business and that is all it is going to be

Faustek

Thats it, folks need to stop thinking of companies of their friends. It's business and that is all it is going to be

Heh, did you see the Google fine thread? People are ready to let a corporation literally piss in the stab wound after said corporation stabbed them.

Zekes!

I like Bioshock Infinite quite a bit. Some parts felt weak but I beat that game quick. I wasn't a fan of the first Bioshock at all

Original Bioshock was a nice subtle story. Bioshock Infinite felt like a rock to the head

More like a baseball.

625488859.jpg

So Dan Gilbert went to the White House. I don't think he likes LeBron anymore

Because he can no longer tell LeBron what to do. I'm a Cleveland native, and yeah, the Decision stung a little, but it stung less and less when I realized that it was wonderful that a black man was doing what HE wanted to, and not what the white owner wanted. And Gilbert pitched a fit in Comic Sans and ended up looking like a fool.

Because he can no longer tell LeBron what to do. I'm a Cleveland native, and yeah, the Decision stung a little, but it stung less and less when I realized that it was wonderful that a black man was doing what HE wanted to, and not what the white owner wanted. And Gilbert pitched a fit in Comic Sans and ended up looking like a fool.

I loved how Bron, Wade and Bosh said they wanted to do something and did it. I was pissed at how they were treated by others. Instead of congratulating men on seeing the strength of uniting, they tore them down for it.

I can understand why it hurt Cleveland fans, but I'll never forget them burning his jerseys. That was some 🐂💩

Gamergate was literally the warning cloud for 2016 politics.

Down to how the media's need to both sides everything enables hatred to gain "respectability"

Uh, y'all catching this shit about Amir0x that's going down?

EDIT: Actually, yeah, at the risk of dragging BCT into a potential mess, I've deleted the links. But there are some interesting threads to check out in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom