• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Still looking like 5 games?

I can dream.

---

KhT1tni.jpg

y'all, lol.

Izuna

Banned
Maybe you guys saw my old post where I said my exam was impossible to finish because my PC wasn't configured (due to never attending).

Well I did everything question right up until I ran out of time, so it's still an A.

Feeling a bit chuffed rn. Tho this year doesn't count too much so w/evs

Bronx-Man

Banned
So I'm checking Twitter this morning and I saw there's a shitload of film critics getting harassed by DCU fans....despite giving Wonder Woman good reviews.

These dudes are fucking insane, yo. I can't even imagine how deep in the shit you gotta be to dedicate your entire being and personality to 3 movies that aren't even good.

Slayven

So I'm checking Twitter this morning and I saw there's a shitload of film critics getting harassed by DCU fans....despite giving Wonder Woman good reviews.

These dudes are fucking insane, yo. I can't even imagine how deep in the shit you gotta be to dedicate your entire being and personality to 3 movies that aren't even good.

Folks need more in their lives, John doesn't go that hard for Gotham

akira28

TIL Lebron memorized all the moves to Shaq Fu.

That explains everything. you know how many moves that game had? I had them printed out.

andthebeatgoeson

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ilty-probation-broke-terms-jail-a7744326.html

Found not guilty while black
It later emerged that ahead of the trial Chapman tried to enter an Alford plea on the charge of aggravated assault in exchange for the armed robbery charges being dropped.

An Alford plea means the defendant enters a guilty plea, but maintains his innocence. It is often used when a defendant feels like despite his innocence, he will lose at trial.

The judge refused to accept the deal, so the case was heard before a jury - who ruled he was innocent of the crime.

Presiding Judge John Niedrach, disagreed with their verdict however.

So despite the fact police never recovered the weapon, stolen money, or any other evidence connecting him to the robbery, he declined to release Mr Chatman, who remains in prison for violating the terms of his first probation order

Dude was accused of a crime. Tries to plea because he doesn't trust the system. Judge refuses. Forces a jury trial. Jury finds him not guilty. Judge says fuck it, locks him up. Because the cringe he was found not guilty for, violates his probation from an earlier crime. Gets sentenced for 6 years.

------

Is this true? Lord of the Rings was great but the cgi looks dated now. Smegle stands out like a sore thumb now. I loved it then but i can really tell the CGI now. The lighting throws me. Maybe i just have a better TV.

Beefy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ilty-probation-broke-terms-jail-a7744326.html

Found not guilty while black

Dude was accused of a crime. Tries to plea because he doesn't trust the system. Judge refuses. Forces a jury trial. Jury finds him not guilty. Judge says fuck it, locks him up. Because the cringe he was found not guilty for, violates his probation from an earlier crime. Gets sentenced for 6 years.

------

Is this true? Lord of the Rings was great but the cgi looks dated now. Smegle stands out like a sore thumb now. I loved it then but i can really tell the CGI now. The lighting throws me. Maybe i just have a better TV.

Made a thread on that man. What the fuck is up with that judge?

Sch1sm

I recently rewatched them all, but I didn't really notice. I guess it could be that I wasn't looking for it, or that I didn't have my glasses on so I couldn't catch super fine details that'd give it away? Was good enough for me, and that was just a couple weeks ago.

---

Hold on, how does he get time for a crime he was found not guilty of? The not guilty verdict alone essentially makes it so it doesn't violate his probation, no?

LionPride

Banned
------

With most of it being practical and the fact they filmed three movies back to back to back starting in 99 and they still look relatively good, I think they look good today. Gollum still looks good. Ents are wonky.

Slayven

Dude legit said a little stabbing in a relationship isn't a big thing

TIL Lebron memorized all the moves to Shaq Fu.

That explains everything. you know how many moves that game had? I had them printed out.

No cause anyone with any sense was mad as hell playing shaq fu

D i Z

Maybe the fans are mad because the critics didn't give good reviews to all the other movies?

Also sexism, because how dare you like the chick flick. I noticed that one of the woman critics made sure to point out that this good movie was directed by a woman and starred one.

D i Z

Maybe the fans are mad because the critics didn't give good reviews to all the other movies?

Also sexism, because how dare you like the chick flick. I noticed that one of the woman critics made sure to point out that this good movie was directed by a woman and starred one.

It's all of the above. These cellar dwellers aren't ever going to change. I hope Diana racks it in despite these idiots and the dismal state of the DCEU. Maybe a real solid win will be enough to convince WB to stop f'ing around and do it right from now on.

Sch1sm

Damn Schizz

Is this where I have to remind people that the league has evolved in the last couple decades, especially in the offensive respect, resulting in larger point differentials? Or is everyone going to ignore that it's a bunch of superhumans with crazy speed and little to no care for defence and fundamentals?

akira28

Is this where I have to remind people that the league has evolved in the last couple decades, especially in the offensive respect, resulting in larger point differentials? Or is everyone going to ignore that it's a bunch of superhumans with crazy speed and little to no care for defence and fundamentals?

I'm just going to assume she's talking about superheros.
wake me up when they let them PED and compete against / play with robots. get cyborg replacement surgeries for injury, etc.

Slayven

It's all of the above. These cellar dwellers aren't ever going to change. I hope Diana racks it in despite these idiots and the dismal state of the DCEU. Maybe a real solid win will be enough to convince WB to stop f'ing around and do it right from now on.

I'm just going to assume she's talking about superheros.
wake me up when they let them PED and compete against / play with robots. get cyborg replacement surgeries for injury, etc.
We should have knwon shit was real when folks were serious about Disney paying off reviewers
Someone got banned because they caped too hard for a mediocre-at-best Alien movie.

Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom