• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

This will be useful.

TJnUZym.gif

Kreed

A black Alex Jones fan?

I know there's black conservatives and the like, but that just seems like a step too far for me.

Black people aren't a monolith
Some even watch anime and listen to Post Malone
this is too much tho

Anyone ever hear a good excuse for supporting the US conservative party as a Black person? Not even including the Alt-Right, which isn't good for anybody. The impression I always have with Black conservatives is that at a minimum, they have a "fuck Black people and their problems, let me worry about me" attitude in addition to being ill informed.

Slayven

So this woman I was talking to turned out to not only be an Alex Jones fan but also a Trump voter. I don't know how I got lucky enough to get in contact with one of the 5 black women in America who likes those two but it resulted in me blocking a number for the first time in my life.

There is not a "who's man is this" big enough

Beefy

How's life in the UK

Wet, raining like mad here. How is US?

-------------

Defenders review:

Collider - ★★★
It's something new, but it has a lot of problems. It's a tonal mishmash as it brings these characters together (including a very cringe-worthy decision to play hip hop every time we see Luke in the first hour when no one else gets a soundtrack — we get it, guys; he's black), but the interactions among the heroes are always great. There's just not enough of it to start, and it takes too long for them to team-up. If you thought Defenders would be a culminating chapter to the other Netflix Marvel series so far, think again. So far it feels like another prelude, and it makes one wonder if we'll ever get to the main event.

Fuck that shit

Johndoey

Banned
Wait so when the only black dude pops on screen some background Hip-hop kicks in? Seriously?

The adventures of Urban Tom and friends.

Slayven

Henry Cavill is in the new Mission Impossible movie? I liked Man From UNCLE, this seems interesting.

I never seen anything where i enjoyed him in. Him and Amy Adams negative chemistry in the superman movies gets overlooked. Like no affection, they could be two strangers standing in line for starbucks for all the heat you get from their "Relationship"

cdyhybrid

I never seen anything where i enjoyed him in. Him and Amy Adams negative chemistry in the superman movies gets overlooked. Like no affection, they could be two strangers standing in line for starbucks for all the heat you get from their "Relationship"
Yeah, I don't think his Superman movies have been anything worth writing home about.

Beefy

Cavill is a shit actor

LionPride

Banned
I don't think Adams is that good tbh

Shy

I can't fucking stand JLAW.
I think she's a terrible actress, and comes across as a horrible person as well.

So am i right in thinking from those reviews, that Marvel have fucked it with The Defenders.
Top of morning to you all
Mornin' all.
Afternoon everyone.
Evening.
I want that CC Black Panther footage.
Same.

Can't believe no one had their potatoes out to record that shit.

Beefy

I think she's a terrible actress, and comes across as a horrible person as well.

So am i right in thinking from those reviews, that Marvel have fucked it with The Defenders.

Jlaw bores the fuck out of me, she plays the same person the whole time.

Also do you like get hiphop played everytime JC is on screen?

D i Z

Evening.

Same.

Can't believe no one had their potatoes out to record that shit.

Reviews look decent to me. They are only for the first 4 eps tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom