• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMVfan123

Banned
I got accepted to post four days ago after waiting since March but I just saw the email today! I've been lurking on the site since E3 2013 and always wanted to join but I couldn't find a school or work email that I had full access to until this year.
Where you're from - DMV area(Northern Virginia)
Where you live - Prince William County
What is your age? - 17, will be 18 in 5 days
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Mom is from Togo, and dad is from Liberia
Do you know your roots - I'm reminded about it by my parents almost every day
Favorite musical genre - Hip-hop/rap/R&B, don't really listen to anything outside of those
Your profession/major/career interest - I have a career interest in entertainment, specifically video games. I am studying computer science but I'm not totally 100% about that
Your religious affiliation - Christian
Hobbies - Video games,music,movies,football(college and NFL, mostly NFL)
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeyes
Marvel or DC? - Spider-Man's my favorite superhero, but I love both equally
Favorite superhero? - Spider-Man
Anime or Nah? - I watch a little bit here and there, mostly Naruto, but not a lot
Favorite sport and team? - Football, Washington Redskins(get a lot of shit for it)
What's your favorite Disney movie? - The Incredibles
What's your favorite video game and genre? The Last of Us, have a PS4, want a Switch by next Christmas, and my brother wants a gaming PC so I guess I'll have one of those by next year too. I like third and first person shooters/action games, like Uncharted and Last of Us

I got accepted to post four days ago after waiting since March but I just saw the email today! I've been lurking on the site since E3 2013 and always wanted to join but I couldn't find a school or work email that I had full access to until this year.
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Mom is from Togo, and dad is from Liberia
Favorite musical genre - Hip-hop/rap/R&B, don't really listen to anything outside of those
Your profession/major/career interest - I have a career interest in entertainment, specifically video games. I am studying computer science but I'm not totally 100% about that
Anime or Nah? - I watch a little bit here and there, mostly Naruto, but not a lot
Favorite sport and team? - Football, Washington Redskins(get a lot of shit for it)
What's your favorite video game and genre? The Last of Us, have a PS4, want a Switch by next Christmas, and my brother wants a gaming PC so I guess I'll have one of those by next year too. I like third and first person shooters/action games, like Uncharted and Last of Us

sup youngblood

lemme hold a $20

Hey CG. I'm so glad to be done with that extra fellowship at work. My gym game fell off a bit and I lost some muscle mass overseas. Time to hit it hard and prepare for grad school apps.

How's life for you?

Life is good man. I've gained some mass and just got a great appraisal at work. Everything was perfect til I opened my yogurt and it got all over my shirt.

Moral of the day: be humble or be wary of dairy

LionPride

Banned
Damn, another youngin

I'm still the youngest, not 18 for a month

Mizerman

Sup and welcome, young one.

Beefy

Welcome fam

Numb

Welcome
If you let one person hold $20 then you got do it for everyone else

akira28

Thanks for the warm welcome y'all

Just gave away my last $20, sorry fam

you generous as shit, when you getting paid next?

edit: I would give you ups for the Deadskins but I don't really fuck with Washington's Football Team anymore...especially now that they're legit cursed. They won't ever win another Super Bowl until they change their name.

akira28

well if anyone offers you a mixtape for 20 dollars...that is not a good deal. no matter how convincing, well, they probably won't be that convincing, but you might somehow still get confused. see?

we help new people. we do not extort them.

Numb

Probably shouldn't say before y'all try to take advantage of my young age and extort me
You already know your way around the block
Just don't get on Shy's bad side and you are golden
If you see him post a hug gif that means that person has 24hrs to live

Numb

You forgot to invite him to our underground Tekken 7 SFV tournament. entry fee is just 19.99, plus tax.
It has been upgraded to the digits of your sister if you happen to have one
If you are in contact with Asian women then proceed to slayvens desk

DMVfan123

Banned
you generous as shit, when you getting paid next?

edit: I would give you ups for the Deadskins but I don't really fuck with Washington's Football Team anymore...especially now that they're legit cursed. They won't ever win another Super Bowl until they change their name.

If anything's cursing the Skins it's Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen. Worst front office in NFL I swear

Thanks for the advice Numb and akira!

You forgot to invite him to our underground Tekken 7 SFV tournament. entry fee is just 19.99, plus tax.

I have too many games to play already, might have to take y'all up on that offer someday tho

D i Z

Diz will accept digits from Moms, Aunts, and young grandmothers

Everyone knows to keep diz a town away from your family
Next time you meet he'll introduce himself as your temporary 3rd pa

Why I gotta be all that when I'm just making Netflix recommendations for the ladies that support us?
I'm not appreciating what you're trying to do with my character.

DMVfan123

Banned
So I have a few questions:

1. Is the gaming side as bad as I hear it is?
2. Does the BCT fuck with Double Toasted?
3. Anyone here still watch Snowfall? I thought it was a novel concept but the way they try to balance the three stories just doesn't work imo. Should've just stuck with the Franklin storyline IMO. Still watching it to see if it gets better tho

Welcome, and a happy early birthday. :)

Thanks bruh, appreciate it!

Beefy

3. Anyone here still watch Snowfall? I thought it was a novel concept but the way they try to balance the three stories just doesn't work imo. Should've just stuck with the Franklin storyline IMO. Still watching it to see if it gets better tho

Gaming side is wack, but Off Topic is probably just as bad.

D i Z

Yes
Yes
Dunno

Numb

Why I gotta be all that when I'm just making Netflix recommendations for the ladies that support us?
I'm not appreciating what you're trying to do with my character.

No one believes you

Yes
Yes
Never did

Johndoey

Banned

Welcome!

How's life?

Gaming side is sketchy.
Double Toasted is welcome.
Only watched the first episode of Snowfall.

Beefy

It was just a capture mission. Giraffes being endangered and all. But you had to do this to yourself.

he gave me sly eyes

Yo DMV, welcome.

Nigga, don't even joke about something like that *looks around nervously *

Am hiding man, don't worry

ZGNM0f1.jpg

Johndoey

Banned
The Star Vs. wiki tells me that while Starco is the most popular ship, Mackie is the current canon ship, and Tomco is on the ascendancy. And there is your Star Vs.weekly update.

Sch1sm

To stay safe and sane on any part of GAF, community sections are the best bet.

TheSun

Yep, mostly visit the community side.

Gaming can be pretty bad, but I probably find it more tolerable than most in here.
I don't bother with Off Topic anymore. It probably has just the same amounts of problems as gaming.

----

Forgot about Scream, as somebody earlier reminded me. Pretty big film to forget when remembering horror films.

All in all, I find 90's horror pretty weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom