• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning bct

Crimson says I'm here for a tree.

Because it's true

anigif_sub-buzz-29551-1467053907-2.gif

See

Johndoey

Banned
Trump renews Twitter attacks on Attorney General Jeff Sessions
President Trump launched another public assault Tuesday morning on his own attorney general, Jeff Sessions, questioning why the Justice Department chief has not done more to investigate alleged ”crimes" by Hillary Clinton and those who have leaked information to the media.

”Attorney General Jeff Sessions has taken a VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes (where are E-mails & DNC server) & Intel leakers!" Trump tweeted at 6:12 a.m. from his personal account, his second Twitter message of the morning.

..A Justice Department spokeswoman declined to comment on Trump's tweets Tuesday morning.

In his first tweet Tuesday morning, Trump wrote about Hillary Clinton: ”Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump campaign - ‘quietly working to boost Clinton.' So where is the investigation A.G."

Trump seemed to be referring to reports that during the election, the Democratic National Committee hired a Ukrainian American Democratic operative, Alexandra Chalupa, to mobilize ethnic communities, including Ukrainian Americans. In 2014, Chalupa had investigated the role that Paul Manafort, who went on to become Trump's campaign chairman, played in the rise of former Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych.

After leaving the campaign in July 2016, Chalupa continued her research. Politico reported that Chalupa said she sometimes shared her findings with officials at the DNC and Clinton's campaign, but campaign officials said they never received information. The White House has tried to compare this arrangement with the communication that the Trump campaign had with Russians during and after the campaign.

Numb

What are other good Community threads besides this one? I need more communities and groups to be a part of in my life.

What are some good comics with people of color? I've only read Black Panther and Ms. Marvel so far.

I'm also a part of GirlGaf, IronGaf, K-Pop, Japanese Music, Indie Game Development, Final Fantasy, Mario Bros., Fighting Game, Pokemon, Writing, Arts & Farts, and Jazz-Hop. I dropped a few others. Stay away from the Fan Art thread.
The professionalism of Kpop GAF is unreachable
Fgc GAF is just a bunch of old folks sitting on the porch
Gaf-hop is inbetween Pop-Gaf and kpop GAF when it comes to wackiness
Never go to pop GAF or turn out like beef

I'm not sure what I'm interested in here. I came to BCT because it seemed the most like a community out of all the threads I saw, when I just came out of a very tight-knit community where I made my best friends ever, and this seemed like a place where everyone knew each other.

There's no dedicated film community on GAF, outside of the monthly movie threads. I've thought about hanging out in Asian GAF, LGBTQ GAF, Comics GAF, Doctor Who GAF, Super Best Friends GAF, some of the music and TV threads, and communities for games I like, but I just can't seem to find the right connection to anybody in them, and some of them, like comics, seem like they require dedication to keep up and I'm lazy and read comics casually.

I guess I'll keep looking through them and figure something out.

There's a Screenwriting and a filmmaking community. They're in OT though.

Sch1sm

SonicGAF is chill

There's also no creepy fanart allowed

Half that fan art wouldn't even be allowed on this forum. I've seen some things that made me want to gouge out my own eyes, tbh.

OT:

iOS GAF, MacOS GAF, Apple Beta OT
AndroidGAF
ProgrammingGAF
SneakersGAF

Gaming:

SteamGAF
FGC, SFV, Tekken

I just lurk a lot these days, though. Some of them have transitioned heavily to Discord, so that's part of it. Some are more for news than anything, at this point.

The professionalism of Kpop GAF is unreachable
Fgc GAF is just a bunch of old folks sitting on the porch
Gaf-hop is inbetween Pop-Gaf and kpop GAF when it comes to wackiness
Never go to pop GAF or turn out like beef

I was in Pop Gaf for like 7 months and I'm straight. Why people got beef with PopGaf?

I was in Pop Gaf for like 7 months and I'm straight. Why people got beef with PopGaf?

Popgaf had a rep of going into music threads and derailing them back in the day and/or spamming gifs. They don't do the former anymore, and the gif spam is mainly in their thread now. The stigma hasn't gone away, for better or worse.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I remember when Kpop and Pop gaf would kill a computer with gifs

Kpop gaf wasn't so bad with that. At least they would vary their shit up.

Pop GAF would literally post the same gif multiple posts in a row, and none of them were interesting.

Popgaf had a rep of going into music threads and derailing them back in the day and/or spamming gifs. They don't do the former anymore, and the gif spam is mainly in their thread now. The stigma hasn't gone away, for better or worse.

This is true, it seems like they've stopped all that nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom