• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Didn't know being born and raised in east Africa made me a Marathon running machine
Y'all heard it here first
Yeah but, living in the cold for so long has damaged your twitch fibres™
We really do. I feel like someone left the damn trash bin open
There's an easy solution to that.
GLusGwu.gif

Izuna

Banned
I mean... Do you consider yourself a PoC or non black PoC? Do you consider yourself black at all? Cause all what ive been reading, you're sus, that's just my honest opinion, ain't speaking on behalf of no one else in here. But the fact that you just pulled the dictionary definition of racism out is sketchy... And no different when these diet racist ass gaf posters do it.

Cause this nigga on some voat sandbox level suspect shit.

From the heart. I don't know.

That's why I did the 23andme. I'm not looking for a group to assimilate in, I didn't frequent this thread to get some explanations or to "feel black". I was here because it was comfortable.

I'm half-White, Cuban, Jamaican, Chinese and Greek. So I can call myself mixed or I can say English. And btw, people always do a double-take when I say English and I fucking hate it.

I hear anyone speak with an American accent, I assume they are American or they studied there. "Where are you from" is repeated with "where are you really from/your parents".

Honestly, I don't appreciate you asking that because I don't find it easy to answer.

I hated that Splatoon thread because apparently black is more than a colour to some people. If there's something more to it, I don't know what it is and I disagree that it matters.

--

edit: and if there needs to be evidence on how polarising that damn movie is, here we are.

D i Z

I ain't got the time for this shit today. You all have fun, and someone hit me with the page number that I should jump to when y'all done fucking around with clowns.

Imm0rt4l

Nothing suspect about it. It's been known.

I figured as much.
Smh

So someone left the bin open and we just resigned ourselves to be amongst trash pandas on some guardians of the galaxy type shit...this is what we doin now?

Yeah I'm a take a break

I ain't got the time for this shit today. You all have fun, and someone hit me with the page number that I should jump to when y'all done fucking around with clowns.
Same, be easy

Shy

You guys shouldn't be leaving, because you're letting them bleed out this community.

Which is what they want. Please don't let them win.

andthebeatgoeson

It's times like this that i start to wonder, 'what does John doey have to say about this?'

And know it's more reasonable than this bullshit. And that's disturbing.

Merc_

The Dear White People stuff followed quickly by the fast twitch muscle fibers shit was a great one-two punch of bullshit.

I wonder if other minority focused threads here on gaf ever have to put up with this shit or is it just us?

D i Z

You guys shouldn't be leaving, because you're letting them bleed out this community.

No one is leaving. It's memorial day over here so the check ins just got shortened even further by this bullshit is all.

The Dear White People stuff followed quickly by the fast twitch muscle fibers shit was a great one-two punch of bullshit.

I wonder if other minority focused threads here on gaf ever have to put up with this shit or is it just us?

A few. But most dodge the bullet by being inactive.

... Yeah...

Google and twitter are fucking free, and can do a lot of good when it comes to explaining this shit. Way better than throwing black folks under the bus.

Izuna

Banned

Those had nothing to do with each other. There's no hidden agenda here.

But actually, I think I can summarise.

Unless I start liking Dear White People, or at least not hate it, I'm ignorant about something.

That is to say, (and I'm just repeating my prior edit), I won't make this thread hard to be in for its members until that changes.

And even though y'all won't accept it, I'm very sorry if I caused any distress. I'm not doing any of this on purpose. I feel one way, and even with the intention of changing my opinion, I'm unable to understand.

I fully accept that this is my fault. I still love this thread, despite knowing that I'm not making a better place.

Thank you for letting me post for, I think over a year? With the venting no1curr, or occasional discussion I didn't fuck up in, it has helped. Possibly, my entry to this thread had coincided with the disappearance of my depression so it's been a blast.

And because I feel it coming. I'm not saying I feel persecuted. I feel lost, I feel misinformed and otherwise incapable. I pressed my opinions because I wanted the explanations to get to me, not to debate or argue my point to change yours.

So with that being said...

25-dog-hug.w536.h357.2x.jpg

Sch1sm

Word, you're right.

I'm just playing Civ VI. Up for an online game sometime, btw? Think I remember you saying you have it.

Johndoey

Banned
Why claim ignorance then when people attempt to educate you go out of your way to ignore them? Then the capper with some "Blacks are built for sports" type shit that sounds like a direct quote from some old white Southerner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom