• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blacklist - Mondays 10/9c on NBC

Deku Tree

I am still not sure why a super agent like tom supposedly is would leave a dirty gun in his house. The passports and the money sure of course, but a used gun gets dumped right after the Job.

K-19

Banned
Personally, I am watching the show only because of Spader. I like those machiavelic and omnipotent kind of character. All the rest is so boring and with all those cheesy FX (like the heli in the first episode) I don't expect much for this rest.

MartyStu

Tom is definitely not innocent, hopefully he turns out to be some psychopath murderer or something. "Oh I can't believe I slept with that monster".... I can see it now.

I love this show a little more every week, so good.

I would love that too.

Also, I really am not sure how I want them to handle Red's interest in Keen.

Perhaps a creepy uncle?

Tamanon

Banned
Just caught up. No clue what the actual plotline overall is, lol.

Getting some relatively big hitters for the criminals. Girl from Revenge for this one and
House's buddy from House

Personally, I am watching the show only because of Spader. I like those machiavelic and omnipotent kind of character. All the rest is so boring and with all those cheesy FX (like the heli in the first episode) I don't expect much for this rest.

Just caught up and I agree, everything else is just blah. The ongoing mystery has me hooked. I'm guessing Tom is some kind of split personality sleeper agent who has to hear a specific trigger.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm glad the agency is actually taking her to task for giving up her weapon. Seemed like a stupid move for what her group does.

Tamanon

Banned
First mention of Reddington's family. He can't be Liz's father, must've lost a daughter instead.

Occupy Wall Street episode next week? Aight, and big developments!

pariah164

This episode was kind of meh, but the house thing at the end was pretty amazing. How much money does Reddington have to burn?

Lizzie is still an idiot.

Next week looks really good. Developments in the plot! Hopefully.

Aaron

So the husband, Tom, is lying right?

I can't believe she believed that bs that the stuff in the box was not his.

It's like he knew he was screwed but had to keep denying it and stick to his story.
Why would he mark the box with the same engraving as the burn mark on her hand?

It's completely believable that someone would break in, cut a hole in the floor, dump incriminating evidence in there for no reason and then cover it up.

god I glad the agency were mad about Liz stupidly on giving up the gun.
and I wondering what happen to Reddington family and why is Liz so important to him.

part of me want them to kill of Liz by the end of season and just focus more on Reddington and his sidekick. But I don't if that would be a good idea.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched the latest episode. I have really liked the show so far but this episode was dumb. Like, so dumb. First they have this guy's face on camera at the very beginning of the episode and they know exactly where his location was at the time. It can't be very difficult to set up a perimeter to try to find him or at least protect other nearby areas.

Then Liz finds him and starts chasing after him on a crowded stairwell. YELL AT SOME PEOPLE TO GRAB HIM FOR YOU. Holy shit you've got literally 50 people on one stairwell, you don't think they could overpower some lanky scientist?

Then she corners him outside and drops her gun, which is just stupid in and of itself. But as if that wasn't enough, apparently him shooting the glass in the doorway behind her is enough for her to be disoriented for a good 90 seconds to lose track of him. Also who the hell runs towards a gunman in a public place? All the people behind Liz actually run towards this guy when he fires his gun.

Then they find a survivor in the courtroom and THEY DO NOT PUT SOMEONE ON HER TO PROTECT HER. I mean really, this guy is deploying biological weapons in public, you don't think he's going to be curious when he finds out that one of his victims survived?

Then Liz shoots the guy and kills him when he tries to save his son. Umm, you could have shot his arm, or his leg, or some non-critical part of him. It's not like he was a threat to you. No no no, you put three bullets in his chest. Umm, why exactly? And then everyone goes on to commend her for her bravery.

Jeez, this episode was really painful to watch.

pariah164

Yeah, Lizzie is stupid. People forget she's fresh out of Quantico, half the time. I expected the bad guy to die though; it's been a pattern in the series; Every Villain of the Week meets their end somehow by the end of the episode.

The story writing is quite bad, but at least the two main characters are interesting.

god I glad the agency were mad about Liz stupidly on giving up the gun.[...]

Haha seriously? When this came up I just had to laugh out loud, this was soo bad. They had this CIA woman torturing a suspect and nothing happened, and other stupid stuff, but when she drops her weapon she gets investigated? What?

Tamanon

Banned
Pretty good episode. It seems Tom and Red don't know each other. Next episode looks like it'll be pretty great. Finally some table-turning.

mackaveli

Also looks like Tom is a bad guy or something is off with the character as I think it shocked Red that Tom knew Lizzie was adopted at 4 years old.

I don't think anyone suppose to know that Lizzie is adopted as she thinks her real dad just died. So it could be that Tom was a plant and was suppose to marry Lizzie and keep tabs on her maybe?

Strange stuff and the promo looks really good next week.

I was going to give up on the show and wait for the season to be done as it seemed like a lot of questions weren't going to get answered any time soon. However, looks like next week there will hopefully be answers to some questions or at least the plot move more forward with a central bad guy etc.,

the horrible special effect made me laughed
Maybe some should tell the FBI that they need an Oversight that tails James Spader cuz u know he's a bad guy

Also looks like Tom is a bad guy or something is off with the character as I think it shocked Red that Tom knew Lizzie was adopted at 4 years old.

I don't think anyone suppose to know that Lizzie is adopted as she thinks her real dad just died. So it could be that Tom was a plant and was suppose to marry Lizzie and keep tabs on her maybe?

I was going to give up on the show and wait for the season to be done as it seemed like a lot of questions weren't going to get answered any time soon. However, looks like next week there will hopefully be answers to some questions or at least the plot move more forward with a central bad guy etc.,
I think if you listen to Red and Tom's conversation with the suspicion that Tom is a plant, that he knows who Red is, and that Red knows that Tom is working for someone but he doesn't know who, it makes the conversation so layered and interesting. Thought it was well written and well done and didn't assume that the audience is "in on it." Nice to see them not dumbing it down.

Still enjoying this show quite a bit, though I have to admit it's because of Spader. And someone needs to stylize Megan Boone's hair. It's so helmet-like.

Tamanon

Banned

Wait, I thought Lizzie knew she was adopted?

Tamanon

Banned
This is a pretty good episode thus far, although I thought there'd be more flashbacks.

Agent Keane is finally acting like a real agent now.

Was this episode the one where there was a huge assault on the Blacklist FBI offices? My mom's best friend from growing up is a consulting producer on the show and when she was in NYC a couple weeks ago she got to go to the set and they were cleaning up from a huge assault that had taken place for an upcoming episode. Windows were shot out, computer screens broken, blood had been all over the floor. They told her it was going to be an upcoming episode, but they didn't say when it was going to air.

Tamanon

Banned
Was this episode the one where there was a huge assault on the Blacklist FBI offices? My mom's best friend from growing up is a consulting producer on the show and when she was in NYC a couple weeks ago she got to go to the set and they were cleaning up from a huge assault that had taken place for an upcoming episode. Windows were shot out, computer screens broken, blood had been all over the floor. They told her it was going to be an upcoming episode, but they didn't say when it was going to air.

Yeah it was the first part of the assault on the FBI. Lot of death and headshots.

Wow good episode. Didn't think whatsherface had it in her to blow that guy away. Spader continues to be awesome. Nice to see a bad guy who is just balls to the wall giving Red fits.

Prologue

First time watching it yesterday and it was very enjoyable. Had to watch it given that promo!

Looking forward to next week.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, what an episode. So sad and brutal, it has left me speechless. This show just gets better and better, I don't know how they'll top this.

Top Bottom