• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Criterion Collection in 2017: All Fancy Movie GAF Releases Welcome!

Ridley327

And it looks like it's going to be a great month for documentary fans!

101_BD_box_348x490_original.jpg

750_BD_box_348x490_original.jpg

749_BD_box_348x490_original.jpg

751_BD_box_348x490_original.jpg

752_BD_box_348x490_original.jpg

289_BD_box_348x490_original.jpg

overcast

Ah I read a little bit. Sounds great. I might check that out.

Any of those other movies absolute musts? Or hell, which December release? Is Time Bandits?

codhand

Best Basketball Movies

#1 Hoosiers
#2 Hoop Dreams
#3 Space Jam
#4 Blue Chips
#5 He Got Game

HM: Basketball Diaries.

overcast

Oh, Barnes and Noble now has a 40% off all Blu Ray's deal. There is an online coupon available right now. Supposedly an in store one is coming later this week (I heard Thursday).

Might just grab Persona.

Zombine

Banned
Definitely going to pick up Repo Man for myself as a gift. I've never seen it before but the trailer makes me laugh.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Ridley327

This is a reminder that Twilight Time's January releases are going to be going up for pre-order in about 20 minutes. Fright Night is assuredly going to be the one that you won't want to sleep on (even with it being 5000 copies versus the usual 3000), but their entire early 2015 slate has been very well received at this point.

swoon

This is a reminder that Twilight Time's January releases are going to be going up for pre-order in about 20 minutes. Fright Night is assuredly going to be the one that you won't want to sleep on (even with it being 5000 copies versus the usual 3000), but their entire early 2015 slate has been very well received at this point.

site seems dead now.

hopefully truffaut's bride wore black will be available after the fright night stuff dies down

VwZQmwb.jpg

Ridley327

I managed to get my order in for Fright Night, but I only know I did because I got the email confirmation long before the ordering page eventually crapped out. It's pretty safe to say there's going to be one title selling out by the end of the week!

Wacky_New_Year_2015_large.jpg

Criterion's New Year photo is up!

Some obvious ones:

Inside Llewyn Davis
Before Trilogy (or just Sunrise and Sunset)
The Fischer King
Barry Lyndon (maybe, it is a Warner Bros. picture)

I'll try to edit as I figure them out.

omgkitty

From the CriterionCast:

804x633xWacky_New_Year_2015_CriterionCast.png.pagespeed.ic.eCoDZ4ytHQ.png

A. Edward Yang’s A Brighter Summer Day / also, there are Two Days, One Night

B. Moonrise Kingdom? Moon Over Parador? Moon Over The Alley?

C.

D. Terrence Malick’s The New World

E.

F. Speedy

G.

H. Barry Lyndon?

I. Inside Llewyn Davis? That seems strange since it just got a Blu-ray release.

J.

K.

L. Fisher King

M.

N. Maybe N and R are The Passion of Joan of Arc?

O.

P. The Rose? La Vie En Rose?

omgkitty

Barry Lyndon would be great.

It really would. The Warner blu-ray already looks pretty amazing, but the disc has no supplements at all. Absolutely love the film, but could see Warner considering this to be lesser Kubrick and having no problem letting Criterion have a go at it. They should let them do the same with Spartacus because the original blu-ray is trash.

Fox Mulder

lol, twilight time posted on their facebook that fewer than 500 copies remain. I'm a little shocked how fast this sold, I skipped it because I imported the region free german bluray for half the price around halloween.

Ridley327

G and H could be Ridley Scott's The Duellists.

The Duelists is already out on Blu in region A, courtesy of Shout! Factory. Granted, Criterion putting out Inside Llewyn Davis is one hell of an unexpected surprise, but I feel pretty safe in saying that it's not going to be that film for those clues.

Also, Fright Night is officially sold out again from Twilight Time.

So Eureka's having a 25% off sale until tomorrow, applies automatically at checkout. Picked up Gospel According to Matthew and Pont du Nord, super excited for both.

overcast

Never seen this, is it any good?
Wacky_New_Year_2015_large.jpg

Criterion's New Year photo is up!

Some obvious ones:

Inside Llewyn Davis
Before Trilogy (or just Sunrise and Sunset)
The Fischer King
Barry Lyndon (maybe, it is a Warner Bros. picture)

I'll try to edit as I figure them out.
Oh this is exciting. I don't see Before. The two people in the car? Edit: Oh the two suns.

That's definitely Llewyn Davis which is strange. Love that movie, but it's so soon.

Never seen this, is it any good?

Oh this is exciting. I don't see Before. The two people in the car? Edit: Oh the two suns.

That's definitely Llewyn Davis which is strange. Love that movie, but it's so soon.

It might not be the Before Trilogy. I only figured this because there's a sun in the east and a sun in the west, and a moon in the middle; however, it's most likely Two Days, One Night.

I still think the Before Trilogy is on its way though.

Akahige

If it is Before Trilogy I will be crying tears of joy.

But The New World will be nice nevertheless, I wonder which cut it would be? I don't think the theatrical is on blu-ray.

If it is Before Trilogy I will be crying tears of joy.

But The New World will be nice nevertheless, I wonder which cut it would be? I don't think the theatrical is on blu-ray.

I have both cuts on blu-ray. The theatrical cut disc is from Belgium if I remember correctly.

N looks like a woman with guns taped to her, she's not burning on the stake.

Wonder what that could be? Maybe an Almodovar? That seems like something that would happen in one of his movies.

EDIT: Criterion Forum is on the case. Dressed to Kill. Duh.

Nothing duh about the armed lady, as there have been other suggestions. For example, fisher and the eye...is that One-Eyed Jacks or a version of The King and I?

Top Bottom