• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The CW's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - created by Rachel Bloom, Mondays 8/7c

Ri'Orius

Haven't seen enough praise for the lawyers and judge scene, where they all drop the case to jump to Becs' rescue. "Nobody does Opposite Day anymore, what are we, fourth graders in 1995?!" Hilarious.

And props to Greg for standing up for himself. I feel bad for Rebecca, but he can't let her use her when she's desperate only to drop him the next time Josh smiles at her. He's got a good thing going with neighbor girl: I'd hate to see him ruin it for a trainwreck, no matter how adorable.

Also, I'm now eagerly awaiting the next "I left my wife for a prostitute" breakdown.

LMAO I just went back to watch bits of the last episode and got to that gag again, I forgot until seeing it again it's their reoccurring joke.

What if the same prostitute Harry left his wife for is the same prostitute Gary the writer of the butter commercials left his wife for?

EDIT: Yes, I'm envisioning a prostitute that goes around the country and it's a male prostitute who just perhaps happens
to be Rebecca's father.

Actually now I'm wonder if that was also the reason for the fallout with her mother and father, hmm...

JCX

Paula is a major shipper, they never recognize just how batshit they can be when it comes to that sort of thing. Though maybe if Paula becomes less of a lonely, sexually frustrated housewife she'll start seeing more clearly.

Paula is fascinating because I've never seen a character be almost completely an audience surrogate, but specifically the kind of internet-obessed TV fans that are more common now. Pretty much everything she says could be said by a person on a forum about the show, but she still manages to be grounded in the show itself.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
That was a near flawless half hour of television. When Scott asked what the deal was with Rebecca, I thought, "man, it would be awesome if they did the open here," and then they did, and I literally stood up and clapped like a happy fool at the TV screen.

Has Paula come to the realization yet that she's enabling Rebecca? I feel like everyone has had their come to Jesus moment with Rebecca except for her.

Also, I hope we see more of Briga Heelan.

YO. Did the Happily Ever After rocks literally shatter her chance at happily ever after with Josh?

God, I love this show.

half hour? yo your dvr is shorting you

Quick

Banned
Dat line-for-line delivery of the theme song and the logo popping up was perfect.

I was wondering if my recording was missing the intro for some reason. Well played.

Quick

Banned
Rebecca and Greg.

pull-me-back-in.gif

Quick

Banned
My wife has only seen bits and pieces as I watch. She saw the scene with Greg comforting Rebecca and asked who he was because it is obvious he really cares for her. Even she sees it after so little viewing.

The end of that scene is just sad.

I'm glad that Rebecca doesn't get away with all of her shit, though.

Oh, Rebecca deserved it. Even if in that moment I wanted Greg to stick around and just make her feel better, she deserved it. She needs to have shit happen to grow.

Quick

Banned
I'm assuming/hoping a Season 1 soundtrack is on the horizon, because Spotify only seems to have the singles from I'm Back at Camp with Josh.

Spotify sucks iTunes sucks too but at least with iTunes artists are much better compensated, I hope other DD methods become available or better a physical release because I hate iTunes.

Was looking forward to a new episode tonight and then remembered the Grammys are on and it along with a lot of other stuff I watch isn't...

Yeah but then again Joshe knows what's going on and he's playing the innocence card just as much as she does.

Granted he isn't in the criminal/ocd/psycho level Rebecca is , but the dude as been laying to his girlfriend from day 1 and he likes the attention.

Quick

Banned
I'm Back At Camp with Josh probably has one of the best moments of the show so far.

Rebecca and Josh at the fire side, with Josh thanking Rebecca for the letter and how she understands him. What a really cathartic moment.

Sober

I'm Back At Camp with Josh probably has one of the best moments of the show so far.

Rebecca and Josh at the fire side, with Josh thanking Rebecca for the letter and how she understands him. What a really cathartic moment.
Watch the next episode. seriously!

jerry113

Banned
is it just me or was one of josh's friends the reddit fedora guy meme

this white josh + darryl plot is great

i like how everyone literally calls him white josh

that kid who hangs out at greg's bar who spouts non sequiturs is my favorite secondary character

edit: hey there are hardly ever any bisexual characters on tv. this is pretty cool.

I GIF'd the end of that second song and Paula's pratfall but Imgur is being a real piece of shit for me lately. This episode was overwhelming in just how much there was, my feeble mind can't handle reactions to it after the fact, I should've wrote down a commentary.

KX6yQi1.gif

d2Hueg9.gif

iosefe

"his theories hold water"
"Dam Strait"

Good joke

@the stinger: that gosh darn prostitute ruining everything. i bet we're gonna meet her eventually

Scribble

I didn't like the songs in this episode. But the show is still a joy to watch. I hated Darryl at first and was indifferent to White Josh, but now they're reaching essential cast member status.

"his theories hold water"
"Dam Strait"

Good joke

@the stinger: that gosh darn prostitute ruining everything. i bet we're gonna meet her eventually

I've hope so.

I didn't like the songs in this episode. But the show is still a joy to watch. I hated Darryl at first and was indifferent to White Josh, but now they're reaching essential cast member status.

I enjoyed the second one in part because of it being a homage to Harold Hill from The Music Man.

Great episode. It just seemed to be setting everything up for it to all come crashing down on Rebecca.
I think I laughed hardest at Rebecca suddenly jumping out of the pool at the end of the song while the float was still nowhere near the edge.

And loving how they handled White Josh and Daryll. So well done.

Quick

Banned
White Josh and Darryl, who'd have figured that.

And I had to pause the episode for a moment when Trent actually showed up just to let myself cringe. Oh man.

Kevyt

I just read the news about white Josh.

I myself am not surprised but excited!!

I saw it coming from a mile away.

Can't wait to watch this last episode!

White Josh and Darryl, who'd have figured that.

And I had to pause the episode for a moment when Trent actually showed up just to let myself cringe. Oh man.

Note that Trent was digging that kiss at the end. This may go awry in a completely different manner then it looked like at first.

Top Bottom