• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The CW's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - created by Rachel Bloom, Mondays 8/7c

Rachel Bloom did an interview on NPR's All Things Considered just now, which will be uploaded here in the next couple hours. Pretty basic interview if you're already familar with the show, but exposure is exposure and hearing about my favorite show on my favorite radio station is always cool.

V_Arnold

Actively applauded at the screen when they kissed. The music as they kissed man, it was awesome. Even reminded me of Pushing Daisies for some reason.

Also Greg, take the goddamn L. Just stay down.

Wow, way to completely miss the point of what Greg (or this show) is about. This kind of talk belongs to the JAP battle, but nowhere else, imho.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do we know the fate of this yet?

Quick

Banned
Including tonight, there are five more episodes to air before the season even ends, and the ratings are too on the bubble (by CW standards) to know for sure either way.

CW right now...

4dKupLb.gif

"Paula? Paula? Paula?"

This episode is giving me ALL the anxiety twitches right now.

Before I went house poor, I was exactly like this
lol.gif

Sean C

Rebecca's villain song was terrific. Another great musical number. I liked the character work this week -- and speaking as somebody who has occasionally had a hard time keeping track of budgeting, the stuff around accounts was relatable, even if I've never, y'know, actually just spent myself into debt like she does. I don't know how much the debt stuff is going to carry forward, but it was a good 'reality check' this week.

I've said in the past that Paula often straddles the line between helpful support system and toxic enabler; this week she was entirely the latter, actively trying to talk Rebecca out of her attack of conscience.

Two of the show's female characters got a bit more depth this week, to different effects. I think the scene with Heather really worked, and Vella Lovell impressed me by adding a bit more emotional upset to a character most known for detachment. Gabrielle Ruiz played the more human Valencia really well, but I have a hard time squaring that version of the character with the character from previous episodes (and, indeed, in her last scene of this episode).

Just finished. Fantastic as usual, and great to see Rebecca finally realize her part in all this.

And I look forward to more Maya.

Also, two weeks!? Bah!

jerry113

Banned
Father Brah is seriously underrated supporting character.

edit:

Holy shit Paula is the greatest enabler ever.

Haha she's actually broke. About time. I was wondering whether those big purchases she makes every other episode were going to catch up with her.

Props to Valencia, it weirds me out to say this but she's a sweetheart. Josh and Valencia are a good fit for each other. I don't know if Rebecca's actually in love with Josh, or just in the idea of Josh. How well does she know him really anyway?

lol rebecca's getting the key to the city of west covina.... how meta.

Sober

God as much as I want Rebecca and Josh together Daryl and White Josh are so fucking adorable and more important.

God as much as I want Rebecca and Josh together Daryl and White Josh are so fucking adorable and more important.

Seconding this. Absolutely loving what they are doing with this storyline. Who the hell would have thought that White Josh would be one of the characters we would be shipping in this show?

I though their building up Rebecca getting broke for next season.
Josh's nice act is really getting tiring.

Seconding this. Absolutely loving what they are doing with this storyline. Who the hell would have thought that White Josh would be one of the characters we would be shipping in this show?

Nope not buying it, Daryl is so fucking annoying, why would white josh want him.

Another great one, there's not a lot of shows I can think of that have been as consistent as Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Has the season ended with the initial 13 I imagine some parts of this would've played out in season two. Rebecca finally being broke was nice to see along with everything that came with it, knew immediately she was going to get the ring and pawn it off which I'm sure is also going to come back and bite her.

Poor Heather, finally her, cool, dead pan exterior started to crack. :(

Also...

4GKCTMN.gif

I rarely crop but this one I think called for it. Plus it was a pain to try and shrink below 5MB for Twitter without looking like total crap.

Raxus

I was thinking today
what if Josh buys the ring for Valencia? Seems to be the way things are going.

Wow, I didn't think they would actually let all the spending catvh up with her. The villain song and breakdown at the key ceremony was great. The breakdown got a little too real though. Makes me want to listen to the self loathing song they did a couple of episodes ago.

Bless. Can't wait to see where they take this.
Hopes for Season 2: Bring back Trent, dig up Rebecca's daddy issues, also have her get the help she needs.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I don't think anyone posted it here, but Crazy Ex-Girlfriend's season (not series!) finale will be April 18.

CdIxzMwUUAAPXdq.jpg

It might've been corny but since like the third episode when we saw what Mrs.Hernandez does at night I've kinda sorta wanted her to turn out to be the "West Covina Vigilante" who we would hear about every once in awhile. Then after episode eleven with Paula and Steve I finding a new spark in their marriage that would end up leading to them committing petty crimes around West Covina with it eventually leading to a confrontation between them.

I guess there's a reason why I should never be in charge of a TV show.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It might've been corny but since like the third episode when we saw what Mrs.Hernandez does at night I've kinda sorta wanted her to turn out to be the "West Covina Vigilante" who we would hear about every once in awhile. Then after episode eleven with Paula and Steve I finding a new spark in their marriage that would end up leading to them committing petty crimes around West Covina with it eventually leading to a confrontation between them.

I guess there's a reason why I should never be in charge of a TV show.

Whatever gets us to a Grant Gustin crossover as a singing Flash, man.

Okay, I've been meaning to GIF the little dance Darryl does during Getting Bi that I found hilarious for some reason and realized it made a good celebratory season two/renewal GIF and in general along with a "don't care" response. Not sure if having text that says "season two", "renewed" or just no text was the way to go with it. Eh, looks better with "renewed".

8pAb0Wm.gif

I need to get another GIF making prog that at the very least has a means to use coordinates so text placement is easier to keep consistent.

Top Bottom