• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The CW's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - created by Rachel Bloom, Mondays 8/7c

I really got a kick out of Darryl being a "both sexual", as someone who identified as bisexual even before puberty and quickly changed their answer to "pansexual" after figuring out that there are more than two options. I really hate the common practice of bi- and pan- erasure that is so prevalent even within the LGBT+ community, much in less media portrayals, and have high hopes that this show will handle Darryl better than life has treated many of the bi- and pan- people I've known. White Josh and Darryl are cute, though I'm not sure they have lasting couple potential.

Greg getting into bed with Valencia just to take Rebecca down is... interesting. He definitely has an unhealthy obsession, though in this show, that's sort of like being a cupcake in a bakery.

Songs were great in this episode as always, though "A Boy Band Made Up of 4 Joshes" is still my underdog favorite. Really appreciate the sheer variety of musical stylings, and some songs definitely give me a gut-punch or "funny because it is so true" feeling.

Quick

Banned
Greg scheming with Valencia may be misplaced output for his obsession with Rebecca. Not that Rebecca's innocent in all this either.

Greg is also still probably shook with her obsession with Josh, especially with the whole broken glass incident.

And speaking of the soundtrack, Spotify has the album out for the first half (until Christmas), which includes demos versions of some songs, and an acapella version of Settle For Me.

Trent could be a gaffer.

Audra being Rebecca's analogue was great, her insulting West Covina only for Josh about to speak up before Paula stopped him made me laugh out loud. Heather's reprise of Settle for Me, Greg getting Radioactive'd and so much more, the letter call back at the end... I think I love this show.

6X0ydIp.gif

I think White Josh during this musical number is my favorite moment of the season.

jerry113

Banned
Aw, they humanized Valencia....

Imao "one person's blackmailing is another person's love story"

"settle for me" is the series' best song to date. i like that more characters are starting to experience their own musical craziness even when rebecca's not present.

edit: OH FUCK I JUST GOT TO THE END OF THE EPISODE

I felt a lot of storylines converging together this episode. Everything from Becky's childhood nemesis to Josh to unrequited Greg to Daryl's coming out to Valencia being nice for once.... It's all coming together.

Quick

Banned
I figured Trent would play out to being a huge foil, but he kind of fizzled out. But it's for the best, really.

Josh and Rebecca, damn finally. But what a huge L on Greg. And Paula came off as unusually cold when she was talking to Greg about it.

Settle for Me is probably one of my favourite songs on the show, so hearing Don't Settle for Me was nice.

And that letter callback. lol Trent.

Zoe

Huh, people on Previously.tv pointed out that this was the last episode of the original order.

Hmmm, nope, nope, nope. Need mooooooooore.

Sober

Actively applauded at the screen when they kissed. The music as they kissed man, it was awesome. Even reminded me of Pushing Daisies for some reason.

Also Greg, take the goddamn L. Just stay down.

Scribble

It's weird -- I didn't really enjoy this episode because I went in with the misconception that it was the finale. I thought that
they were focusing too much on at the water arc, and Rebecca's 'victory' and moral superiority was trite.

But then I realised that next week is the finale and we'll get the bubbly, bittersweet car crash of an ending that the show's been building up to.

Speaking of Paula being ice cold,
she was downright sinister towards Greg. Whoever said that the title Crazy Ex-Girlfriend refers to Paula...well done. I'm expecting her to be The Big Bad at the end of the show.

Quick

Banned
Paula's always been cold as ice.

It's always been funny, but that last scene was just cold/sinister (as Scribble said).

Isn't that how shippers are?

Good point, actually.

But then I realised that next week is the finale and we'll get the bubbly, bittersweet car crash of an ending that the show's been building up to.

Speaking of Paula being ice cold,
she was downright sinister towards Greg. Whoever said that the title Crazy Ex-Girlfriend refers to Paula...well done. I'm expecting her to be The Big Bad at the end of the show.

Paula as the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend? So, basically, she had her own Rebecca moment from her past, and now she's projecting by scheming with Rebecca? You know, this seems like a pretty good theory.

Trent was her idea, and she was the one who had been egging her on. And there's also the fact that she's hooked into this whole situation with Josh and Rebecca.

Damn if she becomes the Thanos of this universe.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This episode was epic on so many levels...dont even know where to begin. Such a big friggin mess...looking forward to the further developments.
White Josh during the second musical number had me in absolute stitches.

Yeah...that was too funny.

anaron

amazing episode. Trent being Rebecca's karma and doing the letter bit was such a hilarious mirror to spotlight how fucked up everything is despite the obvious relationship development these characters have gone through.

LOVED Heather finally getting to sing and it being a reprise to a great song AND a perfect one for her. Greg has been a huge dick lately so I'm not really seeing where the sympathy is coming from for him. Paula didn't come off as sinister at all?

White Josh an Daryl the OTP!!

iosefe

in other news, i took a listen to California Christmastime

they don't say Chestnuts roasting in the sun, they say Chet's Nuts...(put on some pants, chet)

mm04

This show is so brilliant. Loved the rap battle and the humor is always on point. Any word on renewal yet?

Quick

Banned
Really hoping Settle for Me continues on in the future and this isn't the last time they use it.

Has to be my favourite song this season so far, after West Covina. A Boy Band Made Up of Four Joshes is pretty high up on the list too.

Just saw a preview for next week:
I'm starting to get on board with Paula being the big bad, seeing as she seems to have coerced Rebecca in following Josh to Hawaii.

My favorite song list changes all the time, but I'm a Good Person, Feeling Kinda Naughty, His Status is Preferred, You Stupid Bitch, and either Sex with a Stranger or the JAP Battle is my current top 5 (not in that order).

Feeling Kinda Naughty was my favorite, but as time goes on, Settle for Me comes out on top for how perfect it fit. And You Stupid Bitch came in strong lately.

Top Bottom