• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz |OT| - Miami, Hot Takes, Night Clubs, & Refugees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

So Keyshawn Johnson accused Dan of racism because of his comments about the Magic Johnson hiring.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/23/magic-johnson-debate-turns-into-espn-on-espn-racism-claims/

What an asshole.
Clearly someone who's never listened to Dan. The guy constantly going to bat for disenfranchised minorities.

Dan's comments are completely warranted. Magic got the job because he's super famous and all we can go off of right now are his tweets and TV analysis which has usually been dumb as fuck.

Glix

So Keyshawn Johnson accused Dan of racism because of his comments about the Magic Johnson hiring.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/23/magic-johnson-debate-turns-into-espn-on-espn-racism-claims/

What an asshole.

51ZN5udmCVL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

While possession WR's are great, and tough, and important...

Key always tried to act like he was best WR in the league.

That Rappaport tweets towards Roy is the most racist thing in the whole twitter beef

the best part of this, after the Roy tweet, he gets dragged further into dirt for his Spike Lee roles

holy moly Michael Rappaport came at Dan and his dad and he got stiffed arm by Mike Ryan and Roy

I can't get over how awful and racist that tweet was toward Roy

Slizz

That Rappaport tweets towards Roy is the most racist thing in the whole twitter beef

the best part of this, after the Roy tweet, he gets dragged further into dirt for his Spike Lee roles

holy moly Michael Rappaport came at Dan and his dad and he got stiffed arm by Mike Ryan and Roy

I can't get over how awful and racist that tweet was toward Roy

No more "The Jump" appearances for him. Can't wait for Mondays show. Have a feeling they'll probably address it in the local hour to avoid ESPN.

TTG

It was pretty tame until that photo of the... skin lesion. You show up to some event looking like that you forfeit all future internet beefs.

What's even more hilarious is he has podcast?

This C-list NYC actor and comedian thinks he's good enough to have a podcast!

This jerk is the definitive "Oh I've seen that dude some where but I absolutely cannot remember his name" actor that happens to be white.

Fuck off Rapaport back to your gated community, you asshole.

Talk Shit/Get Hit effect is still effect on Sports Twitter

E: if you've listen to Chapo, you'll remember they shit on him for his podcast/Twitter fight with their fans months ago

lol this is great, always disliked Rapaport so take those huge Ls hack.

He hasn't been passed those huge L's

He getting hit in the face with L shaped cast iron skillets repeatedly

Keyshawn needs take a few those L's himself for starting the whole thing.

Fuck off Keyshawn

Kusagari

Damn the show tomorrow is going to be packed.

Twitter beef with Rapaport, Lebatard performing some more fellatio on the Oscar Winning OJ: Made in America, Stugotz adventures in Bristol on Mike&Mike, Paxton death, Pope Fest last minute chaos.

This Magic Johnson stuff is so stupid.

I had the exact same reaction as Dan. Best of luck to Magic, but I don't really understand the excitement given his background in sports management and analysis.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

What an asshole.

I can understand why Keyshawn went there considering he doesn't know Dan. It was maddening listening to Dan talk about how Magic isn't qualified, when there's no one way for anybody to be qualified to run a sports team.

And Dan only spoke of Magic's negative past in that one clip as if he never did anything good.

This Magic Johnson stuff is so stupid.

I had the exact same reaction as Dan. Best of luck to Magic, but I don't really understand the excitement given his background in sports management and analysis.

And we can point to other examples where other people have done well at that position without having so called "experience". Pat Riley and John Elway being two people I can think of. Only foolish people will take Magic Johnson's tweets serious.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Local Hour sooooo good.

5 seconds in and Dan is asking 7th seed or 8th seed and everyone rushes to say 8th cause they want Cleveland before Dan can even finish. Then Dan is all like wait a minute wut.

Mike Ryan says it best. Come on Dan you should know us by now! LoL

And we can point to other examples where other people have done well at that position without having so called "experience". Pat Riley and John Elway being two people I can think of. Only foolish people will take Magic Johnson's tweets serious.

Pat Riley, a successful coach across various franchises who was instrumental in personnel decisions.

And John Elway demonstrates...what exactly?

My argument is, nothing in his past suggests that this is really worth all the excitement. Your argument is what exactly? "Wait, some people with different backgrounds have been successful before!"

Ok. And I don't know you're talking about on the tweets. Johnson has terrible basketball analysis on twitter as a joke?

Vanillalite

Damn Amin, Roy, and Roy's Wife all got racially profiled at the end of the night when the staff was trying to close up shop.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Pat Riley, a successful coach across various franchises who was instrumental in personnel decisions.

And John Elway demonstrates...what exactly?

My argument is, nothing in his past suggests that this is really worth all the excitement. Your argument is what exactly? "Wait, some people with different backgrounds have been successful before!"

Ok. And I don't know you're talking about on the tweets. Johnson has terrible basketball analysis on twitter as a joke?

Dan Le Batard has said on many cases that Phil Jackson wasn't qualified for the President job for the Knicks. But he never applied that logic to Pat Riley. I'm guessing it's because he's close to the Heat organization.

And John Elway demonstrates that you don't have to work in a front office or be a coach to be qualified for the position of President of Operations.

And with the Twitter thing, EVERYONE knows that Magic doesn't say negative about any player or coach. That doesn't mean he doesn't have real opinions about those people. on Twitter he's the "Magic Man".

Vyer

Dan Le Batard has said on many cases that Phil Jackson wasn't qualified for the President job for the Knicks. But he never applied that logic to Pat Riley. I'm guessing it's because he's close to the Heat organization.

And John Elway demonstrates that you don't have to work in a front office or be a coach to be qualified for the position of President of Operations.

And with the Twitter thing, EVERYONE knows that Magic doesn't say negative about any player or coach. That doesn't mean he doesn't have real opinions about those people. on Twitter he's the "Magic Man".

Lebatard mentioned that you could have said it about Riley a few shows ago, IIRC.

And no one is forcing Magic who to talk (and be nice) about. Just because he is nice to people doesn't give him a pass.

Fjordson

Lmao. I like Pablo, but the show seems to have a legion of angry conservative listeners, so I can see why he's hated. Pablo gets a ton of heat on twitter also whenever he brings up race or gender issues.

He's no Stugotz, though. Obviously.

Vanillalite

I don't think the Looks Like game is played out per se.

I do think they rely on it too much. Plus the tournament is ones we've all heard before.

I like it in small doses especially when it's new entries.

bchamba

I've been listening to a lot of The Morning Roast. It's hosted by Clinton Yates, Mina Kimes, and frequent guest on Le Batard Dominique Foxworth. I think Mina is supposed to be on Le Batard this week or next too. They've also hosted when Le Batard and Bomani's show when they've been on vacation. Anyways it's got a lot of the same sensibilities as Dan's show with 500% more The Bachelor talk so ya'll might be interested in checking it out.

I've been listening to a lot of The Morning Roast. It's hosted by Clinton Yates, Mina Kimes, and frequent guest on Le Batard Dominique Foxworth. I think Mina is supposed to be on Le Batard this week or next too. They've also hosted when Le Batard and Bomani's show when they've been on vacation. Anyways it's got a lot of the same sensibilities as Dan's show with 500% more The Bachelor talk so ya'll might be interested in checking it out.

I'll echo this, their show is great too.

Mina Kimes is just an incredible writer and person in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom