• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises (Batman 3) - No Riddler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pctx said:
Actually no... anyone who cannot realize that the movie was in fact a brilliant piece of Mann work needs to retire from criticizing those who apparently have no taste in movies whatsoever.

is this one of those "you didn't get it" situations ? do you think public enemies was brilliant too?

the only cool thing about miami vice was the cinematography.. otherwise it was a bore

pulga

Banned
Actually like the title, will probably tie into the film thematically.

Some of you guys seriously asking for the Caped Crusaders are idiots. "Hurrrr the second film goes by one of his nicknames...SAY MEBBE THE THIRD FILM SHOULD BE HIS OTHER NICKNAME, EVEN THOUGH IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PLOT. GENIUS ARE I"

Evlar

Banned
RichardAM said:
Ignore all the plants covering her body, mind-control phenoms and all that shit. Keep the sexy red hair.

Have her as a pharmaceutical researcher (at Wayne Industries?), tie her into some kind of fear gas production narrative with Scarecrow, and the flower from Batman Begins. Done.
Yep. Alternatively: A rival corporation (Penguin Group) is moving into the vacuum left by Wayne Industries when WI's playboy owner abandoned military contracting. They are investing heavily in chemical and biological weapon research, and the lead researcher is Dr. Pamela Isley. Her only unnatural feature is that she somehow became the head of an international conglomerate's R&D at the ripe old age of 24.

I'm not saying they ought to do anything like this, just that they could without suspending disbelief more than they already did with Dr. Crane.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
RichardAM said:
Ignore all the plants covering her body, mind-control phenoms and all that shit. Keep the sexy red hair.

Have her as a pharmaceutical researcher (at Wayne Industries?), tie her into some kind of fear gas production narrative with Scarecrow, and the flower from Batman Begins. Done.

Yeah! And they can have Uma Thurman play her!

Would an assassin who specializes in poisons be lame?
Maybe just the source for all of the chemicals that have been in the films. They have to get them from somewhere, right?

Buckethead said:
MIAMI VICE IS FUCKING GARBAGE.

It's nothing but a bunch of pretty looking garbage and a testament to Michael Mann's massive ego.
Does it look good? Yep. Are the locations well scouted? Yep. Is the drug situation modern? Yep.

But that movie is an incomprehensible mess of self-righteous circle-jerkery, bad acting, and sweaty pigass Colin Farrell rubbing up against of some asian bitch that's respected in a subculture somewhere.
It does nothing to move the audience, emotionally engage them, or get them interested in the plot whatsoever.

Of course I fail to mention completely disrespecting the concept of the original show.

I'm not even going to open pandora's box on the silliness of taking a glamourous, colorful show with plenty of brevity in Seasons 1-2 to a hyper-serious, gritty cop drama in Seasons 3+ which was entirely Mann's decision.

I've seen every episode of the original series and Collateral is one of my favorite movies of all time fyi.

Someone agrees.

Dead

well not really...yet
TDK pretty much threw out the "plausible reality" of the series with the all the shit the Joker pulled, so they might as well bring in a villain like Killer Croc or whatever.

Ignatz Mouse said:
Carmine Falcone? Penguin (as mob boss rather than freak)? Black Mask? Catwoman (o please!)

I can't see it being Mr Freeze.
michelle-pfeiffer8bey.jpg

/prays for pfeiffer as catwoman

duckroll

Dead said:
TDK pretty much threw out the "plausible reality" of the series with the all the shit the Joker pulled, so they might as well bring in a villain like Killer Croc or whatever.

Gotham Knight already used Killer Croc though. :lol

Batman Begins had that terribly unrealistic scene where he summons all the bats.

The Dark Knight had all of Joker's elaborate plans plotted and execute perfectly and almost instantly. Everything was way too convenient.

So both so far have had unrealistic elements.

TekkenMaster said:
Batman Begins had that terribly unrealistic scene where he summons all the bats.

The Dark Knight had all of Joker's elaborate plans plotted and execute perfectly and almost instantly. Everything was way too convenient.

I wouldnt say its terribly unrealistic. To some degree it seems plausible.

ezekial45

Banned
Speaking of Gotham Knight, we're probably going to get a sequel to it. I wouldn't mind, I enjoyed it very much.

Also, given how successful the last movie was, and how it was such a missed opputunity for them, EA will do everything within their power to get the game tie out this time.

DMczaf

ezekial45 said:
Speaking of Gotham Knight, we're probably going to get a sequel to it. I wouldn't mind, I enjoyed it very much.

Also, given how successful the last movie was, and how it was such a missed opputunity for them, EA will do everything within their power to get the game tie out this time.

EA lost the license, WB has it now. If anything, I bet they delay Arkham City to make it The Summer of Batman.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
jambo said:
the film won’t follow the current 3D craze, but instead capitalise on the use of HD and IMAX cameras to ensure the film remains cutting-edge.
He gets it! Day one.

Sotha Sil

TekkenMaster said:

Wacky science is tolerable; supernatural powers/camp machinery (Mr. Freeze...) would be more problematic.

The Death of Batman?
or how about anything that says, "DON'T MAKE MORE BATMAN MOVIES WITH THIS FRANCHISE WHEN THE DIRECTORS AND ACTORS LEAVE YOU GREEDY MONEY OBSESSED ASSHOLES"

ezekial45

Banned
DMczaf said:
EA lost the license, WB has it now. If anything, I bet they delay Arkham City to make it The Summer of Batman.
Oh really? EA must be really pissed off now.

Though I don't think they'd delay it that far. If anything, they can get Rocksteady to start work on a game tie once AC has finished. Which is about now, from what I understand. They work very fast.

TekkenMaster said:

you forgot about that city-wide crazy cell phone surveillance thing that seemed like some tinfoil hat logic

DMczaf

ezekial45 said:
Oh really? EA must be really pissed off now.

Though I don't think they'd delay it that far. If anything, they can get Rocksteady to start work on a game tie once AC has finished. Which is about now, from what I understand. They work very fast.

Or we could get no tie-in game and be glad we don't have a shitty tie-in game?

actually, the "Rises" part is pretty good. If you think about it, this movie will probably be when Batman really becomes the established Batman. In The Dark Knight, it was just his first confrontation with the Joker and that type of criminally insane villain. It was still the beginnings of the character and he was still toying with a lot of ideas (working closely with Gordon and the cops, complete surveillance of Gotham, etc.) Hell, Wayne Manor and the Batcave proper weren't even in the movie. The Batcave we've seen in comics, the series, and all that will probably make its debut in this third movie.

DMczaf said:

there were stories about a The Dark Knight game. I thought the deal was that EA can still make games based on the movies, but the comic and character otherwise can't be used.

kinda like how Activision makes Spider-Man games, but spider-man still appears in games like MvC or that crappy ass EA fighting game on the ps2.

At first I questioned the name. But after thinking about it, it makes sense. BB was the origin/transformation story, TDK showed Batman's progression with the kind of forces he'd have to deal with. I think rising will present a fully matured Batman who's learned everything. Chris Bale is said to be the fittest he's ever been in TDKR and Tom Hardy is involved so..

ChristianBalebatman.jpg

vs
hardy2.jpg

I don't know who he'll play but I wanna see some heavy fighting scenes.

Ephemeris

DMczaf said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Miami Vice was an okay movie, nowhere near as good as Collateral, but i still believe it would have been made infinitely better if Sonny's love interest were recast with someone who A) wasn't ugly and B) could speak English. I never understood a word she said.

jett

D-Member
DMczaf said:
I'm wondering what Nolan means by "HD", he wouldn't move away from film right?!

I doubt Nolan himself said "HD". Probably he was just talking about the super high quality image of IMAX, and writer thought "oh like HD!", or something. :p

Speaking of which I'm tired of seeing HD plastered over everything. What the hell are HD cigarrettes?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Cool title, it fits into the scheme of things and clearly sets up Batman's rise from having been left as a murderer in the last movie.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
DMczaf said:
I'd fucking love that. Seeing Dark Knight Rises followed by playing Arkham City.

bud

Ninja Scooter said:
Miami Vice was an okay movie, nowhere near as good as Collateral, but i still believe it would have been made infinitely better if Sonny's love interest were recast with someone who A) wasn't ugly and B) could speak English. I never understood a word she said.

i agree that it's an ''okay'' movie. it could've been good if it hadn't been for the pacing issues--there are, like, three (?) sex scenes in a row that completely destroy the film's flow.

I_D

Yeah... that's a pretty dumb name.
Calling it "The Dark Knight" followed by something else makes it seem like it's a sequel only to the second movie of the series. It's basically completely dismissing Batman Begins.

The third movie should continue the trend of having totally different names so it seems like a consistent trilogy.

As far as villains are concerned, I'd really like to see a Penguin (though Nolan hates him, right?), though I think Bane has a better chance. We need somebody who can beat the crap out of Batman since the mind games have already been done.

mollipen

My vote for title: Goddamn Batman

And I'd still love to see Catwoman. It isn't like she has to be some half-dressed woman in leather who is followed around by cats and has nine lives for fuck's sake. The only reason people think she has to be a totally goofy character is because of memories of Batman Returns. There's a multitude of ways she could be introduced into the universe and have her totally work, and it'd be nice to have a female character in the Nolan series who is actually worth something for once.

And no way to Pfeiffer as Catwoman again. As was already said, she wasn't even really that good the first time.

bud

i really don't care about the title. i just pray to god they drop bale's retarded batman voice (iirc, i read that they actually digitally ''enhanced'' his batvoice). it's so fucking offputting; it takes me out of every scene with batman in it. christ, it's so horrible.

Futureman

Immortal_Daemon said:
Calling it "The Dark Knight" followed by something else makes it seem like it's a sequel only to the second movie of the series. It's basically completely dismissing Batman Begins.

The third movie should continue the trend of having totally different names so it seems like a consistent trilogy.

I doubt WB forced him to do anything, but I bet there was pressure to have Dark Knight in the title as "Dark Knight" is the 3rd highest grossing film ever in U.S.

bud said:
i really don't care about the title. i just pray to god they drop bale's retarded batman voice (iirc, i read that they actually digitally ''enhanced'' his batvoice). it's so fucking offputting; it takes me out of every scene with batman in it. christ, it's so horrible.

dropping Bale or writing a better script for him would go a longer way in helping than just getting rid of the voice.

DMczaf

There's some weird ass logic going on in this thread.

WB forced him to put Dark Knight in the title, after he made the first live action Batman film without Batman in the title?

Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom