• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The director of Captain America is......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busty

Banned
A bit of journey man in terms of choice of director. Not a very inspired choice but with enough experience working with SFX and directing studio level picures.

Not sure what this means for the supposed 2011 release date if they are stillhearing pitches.

Flynn said:
Expect more superhero movies to be directed by guys like this -- workmen with decent experience, but not enough clout to demand final cut.

Nail. On. Head.

Dan said:
Joe Johnston

Johnston's previously directed:

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
The Rocketeer
Jumanji
October Sky
Jurassic Park III
Hidalgo
The Wolf Man (in post)

I LOVED the Rocketeer.
I approve of this director!

Agent Ghost said:
Captain America sucks ass. I can't think of a shittier Marvel character.
Your opinion sucks ass. I can't think of a shittier post or poster.

Ninja Scooter said:
sounds like a douchebag.
Was there really any need for that?

If there's anything Iron Man told us its that you don't need a huge big name director to pull off a super hero movie. Besides, this guy has plenty of experience with big budget SFX-laden movies; he directed Jumanji for crying out loud!

Snaku

Banned
Oh great. He's not a terrible director, but he's horribly average, and I normally have to be on some kind of stimulant to stay awake through most of his snoozefests.

who cares about who's directing? I feel this is one of these movies in which noone notices who's directed it

Agent Ghost said:
Captain America sucks ass. I can't think of a shittier Marvel character.

I kinda agree. The asshole from Ultimates woulda been a much better choice, regular Cap isn't as exciting. I still hope they inject some of the quasi-fascist attitudes into him, anyway

Ceres

Banned
Right before putting my Netflix account on hold for 2 months I added Rocketeer to my queue. I haven't seen the movie in AGES and I loved it as a kid. I was always sad that Bill Campbell didn't have a bigger movie career too. And then he gets stuck playing the bad guy in shitty movies like Enough.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I'm not too hyped or dissapointed by this pick. The visuals will probably be okay, but I worry about the script/acting. I also worry about too much CGi (based on past work)

I think Rocketeer is a nice example of the feel this movie should go for. I dont really care though. Hidalgo was terrible and featured an inspiring dance from Native American ghosts that looked like a Shania Twain video.

-I think it should be set in WWII (wich I guess it is)
-be a sorta stylized/cheesy take on a propoganda film
-cap should be a more soldier looking take
captainamerica.gif

Wth the more traditional costume coming in the future for the Avengers movie
-also, no need for CGI here

I've said all this before...
I was a huge Cap fan as a kid and I hope this turns out well.

MechDX

Marvel WILL NOT let this suck! I loved the extras on the Iron Man BD when they interviewed Quesada, Avi Arad and other Marvel execs. They all basically said "We will not change it to the point to piss off the fans.".

This is why:

Marvel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DC.

SPiderman 3 doesnt count because it is not a Marvel Studios movie.

Jo-El

He will do fine.

Just remember he is only a director( he didn't write any of the movies he directed ). It all comes down to the writers in the end.

Wurm

Banned
Great fit since the Rocketeer is stylistically similar already. Interested to see if he/whoever writes the screenplay just follows the cookie cutter Cap character or introduces the far more human and interesting Ultimates (Vol 1 & 2, 3 didnt happen, it didnt happen okay) iteration.

UltimateCaptainAmerica.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom