• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Thread: Make Manhattan Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvard

I think this game would be better served by having "heist" like missions with multiple steps and different roles a la GTA:O than raids like Destiny. The less similar to Destiny end game the better, in my opinion (from someone who has played all the Destiny end game that has been available to date).

All I know is I hope they take the tallest building in the DZ and turn it into something where you have to fight up the floors which get ever harder, and every 5 or so you get the option to take some loot respective to that level and rope down to the bottom and extract it somewhere in the DZ, or you can continue up, where if you make it to the top you get 1 piece of best in slot gear, and can use the private rooftop extraction point to get your gear out, and are dropped off at the nearest safe house.

That would be my dream end game content.

They have a lot of options given the area they built their game in. Underground or way up.

Would be great to get new environments to do battle in, like a skyscraper or another land mark. One of the big malls as well.

I think this game would be better served by having "heist" like missions

How would that work in this setting?

Silvard

All I know is I hope they take the tallest building in the DZ and turn it into something where you have to fight up the floors which get ever harder, and every 5 or so you get the option to take some loot respective to that level and rope down to the bottom and extract it somewhere in the DZ, or you can continue up, where if you make it to the top you get 1 piece of best in slot gear, and can use the private rooftop extraction point to get your gear out, and are dropped off at the nearest safe house.

Private extraction point? Seems against the entire DZ ethos.

This is what I wanted as well, but going by the season pass descriptions, that doesn't seems to be the case.

They're actually wasting an expansion slot on horde mode.

Those descriptions are pretty vague and we have no idea what they may in tell in context to the game.

Survival "mode" is not described as horde mode when i read it. Just that staying alive through survival methods will be push towards the forefront then before.

We'll see though.

Kyoufu

I want to raid a giant building going from floor to floor.

Once the final floor is reached, one man awaits on his throne...

HJrxiSt.jpg

Silvard

How would that work in this setting?
Missions that require set up steps and coordination between different teams performing simultaneous but different tasks. Not (necessarily) about stealing or driving/piloting a vehicle, obviously, but a more elaborate and combat oriented version of everything else.

Archpath1

So The Raid/Dredd the raid I'll take it

Good Raid type spots would be the Manhattan mall and Javitz Center if they added them in. Im hoping me get some missions in thos areas as well.

Silvard

To be honest based on what we know I couldn't in good conscience recommend this game to someone with no interest at all in the DZ. There's no indication so far that there will be anything more to the end game on the PvE side outside of doing hard mode missions in a group.

CamoKitty

Yes and yes. Just imagine going through every floor, each with its own unique enemy layout and boss.

It would definitely be a blast, but they would really need to put some real thought into how the tower operates as to keep it from becoming stale.

Kyoufu

It would definitely be a blast, but they would really need to put some real thought into how the tower operates as to keep it from becoming stale.

One floor could have you and your teammates pinned near an elevator that opens periodically with an explosive charge detonation going off. To avoid the blast you'd need to clear out enemies that come in and take over the safe area of the room. If your group lacks the DPS needed to kill the enemies, then one of two things will happen:

1) You eat the blast from the elevator and are annihilated.

or

2) You move to the safe area of the room but the enemies are still up so you're out of cover and quickly wiped out by them out in the open.

CamoKitty

One floor could have you and your teammates pinned near an elevator that opens periodically with an explosive charge detonation going off. To avoid the blast you'd need to clear out enemies that come in and take over the safe area of the room. If your group lacks the DPS needed to kill the enemies, then one of two things will happen:

1) You eat the blast from the elevator and are annihilated.

or

2) You move to the safe area of the room but the enemies are still up so you're out of cover and quickly wiped out by them out in the open.

How about modifiers such as an EMP that prevents you from using your abilities or you can only charge them by killing enemies.

Kyoufu

How about modifiers such as an EMP that prevents you from using your abilities or you can only charge them by killing enemies.

Yep, there are definitely ways they could make it interesting for players.

Whether or not they do any of that though remains to be seen. I think we may see modifiers in the Challenge Mode at least.

On Demand

Banned
Yes and yes. Just imagine going through every floor, each with its own unique enemy layout and boss.

It should be able to be cleared out multiple ways too. I start at the bottom floor, you at the top, another player through the back or elevator. We meet up at a certain floor and continue on.

Damn i want this now.

CamoKitty

Yep, there are definitely ways they could make it interesting for players.

Whether or not they do any of that though remains to be seen. I think we may see modifiers in the Challenge Mode at least.

Has a challenge mode been confirmed? I've kind of been in the dark about the game except the for the beta.

Is every level of every weapon locked to certain stats, or can they change around a bit? Like, will an unmodded level 5 SCAR have the exact same stats as everyone else's? If so, it'll be interesting to see how they avoid a certain weapon becoming a factual best in class. Semi-random effect perks locked to high level weapons maybe.

Jira

Is every level of every weapon locked to certain stats, or can they change around a bit? Like, will an unmodded level 5 SCAR have the exact same stats as everyone else's? If so, it'll be interesting to see how they avoid a certain weapon becoming a factual best in class. Semi-random effect perks locked to high level weapons maybe.

Rolls are completely random. We could both get the same pistol type but my roll could be hundreds of more damage or different affixes than what you get.

Rolls are completely random. We could both get the same pistol type but my roll could be hundreds of more damage or different affixes than what you get.

Cool, was hoping it'd be like that. Ideally with small enough ranges on the stats so you can reliably predict how much damage a player's weapon will do by sight alone, and knowing what level they are.

Nokterian

Getting closer to the Diablo with guns I always wanted!

Goody goody i already had that diablo vibe seeing guns and gear drop with that beam in the sky.

You know like this but in third person. Also the talent tree's do have some similarities to diablo you have a skill and do a bunch of different uses to it with different modifications just like the runes in diablo 3.

Houndi101

The Dark Zone is just one piece of that endgame. Jansen isn't quite ready to share specifics, but players that prefer to avoid the stress of someone else stealing their stuff will have options.

"We have a tremendous amount of effort and focus on the PvE endgame as well," Jansen says. "Not all of it is going to be there when we launch. We're slowly going to be rolling it out for free in the beginning.

"Rest assured, there's PvE endgame for you, and there's going to be goals and challenges and things to aspire to for you and your group. Difficult things that you really want to set your sights on and accomplish."

One thing Jansen happily confirms: there won't be any "pay-to-win" microtransactions.

"We will sell more stuff for you to do in the game in the form of [downloadable content], but there won't be a pay-to-win or a pay-to-get-better-gear or pay-to-get-more-Dark-Zone-credit," he says.

"You can buy a pack of completely cosmetic items to make you look awesome. That you will be able to do, but that's not how I define microtransactions. We don't have it, I'm very pleased to say."

http://mashable.com/2016/02/04/division-endgame-pve-dark-zone/#Pf7QodQBAuqh

Slight sliver of hope for PVE raids?

Theorry

Could be yeah. I mean there is no point to release it on day one. Because nobody can play it. But they should communicate thats going to be there post launch. Otherwise you get this really. People worrying about pve endgame and probably reviewers also.

GravyButt

Totally off topic but going to digitally preorder this and ufc 2 soon. Was curious whats the max amount of xblive credit you can have in your wallet since ufc2 isn't available for preorder yet?

Kyoufu

Thinking of going gold fellows

I just need to squeeze the trigger lol

I went gold because I'm confident I'll be playing this for months. Didn't regret the Destiny season pass either.

If you don't think you'll be playing for long or you're just someone who hops from game to game then don't bother.

Ashtar

I actually dreamt of the division last night..... which is odd
I think I want to go Gold even though the last time I kinda got burned, with destiny I bought the expansion pass but I also have GCU so it was a total of 72 + the 10 GC and then I ended up selling the pass.
The other issue is that I pre-ordered when the GC was 15 dollars so I don't want to lose that..... but I think I could finangle it through bb customer care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom