• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

yunbuns

Is What up son actually good?

I've been avoiding it because I hate listening to Skype quality audio lol.

I personally like it. Oz and Korey are good together. My favorite episode is the one where Korey's sister starts yelling at him midway through the show lmao. I think it's like the second or third episode.

mreddie

KONG SKULL ISLAND - Double Toasted Review

Korey:
FullPrice
Martin:
Matinee
Goodwin:
Matinee

KAQKpBE.gif

J_Viper

Oh shit, when did Riz Ahmed join the DT team?

The Kong review is funny as hell. I totally get Goodwin and Martin's gripes with it, but I'm on Korey's side here

Pastulio

Banned
I don't get the praise for these guys. I tried watching their Get Out review but they spent 10 minutes cracking jokes amongst themselves before they started reviewing the film. Seems like more of a podcast than an actual review video.

Vice

I don't get the praise for these guys. I tried watching their Get Out review but they spent 10 minutes cracking jokes amongst themselves before they started reviewing the film. Seems like more of a podcast than an actual review video.

Reviews are taken from a livestream that is also a podcast.

LionPride

Banned

Well seeing as it is a podcast they video and take chunks out of for their YouTube content...

Coooould you see the praise for these guys if you thought of it as a podcast?

Maybe watch the whole thing then.

They do long form review, there's nothing wrong with that.

Pastulio

Banned
Maybe watch the whole thing then.

They do long form review, there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't really have time for that.... "Start with your best foot forward" is a saying for a reason. I've watched plenty of 30+ minute reviews but they hit the ground running. But then again I don't like Podcasts so it's no surprise I don't like the format.

Which is a shame because they get a lot of praise, I just don't have the patience to sit through the podcast format.

Is the year long subscription worth it? I love the crew and want to support them but damn if I don't have enough subscriptions to things as it is.

Do you get more out of it than just what's put on Youtube?

mreddie

Is the year long subscription worth it? I love the crew and want to support them but damn if I don't have enough subscriptions to things as it is.

Do you get more out of it than just what's put on Youtube?

You get the video feeds and they have some solid moments that YT doesn't show, also you get the Drunk Show aka the most infamous show in DT history.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
New studio looks good. Seems more spacious

Seesaw15

Martin gave a mini review of Edgar Wright's Baby Driver.

Least favorite Edgar Wright Film. Didn't like it much. Confirmed a lot of the fears I had after watching the trailer.

Somebody posted a video of these guys on some topic. I clicked and descended down a rabbit hole that consumed my soul and literally all my free time. It was worth it, because these guys are fantastic. Funny, personable, empathetic and always entertaining. I don't quite remember what the link was, or which thread it came from or who posted it, but thanks for introducing me to these guys. I'm shocked that the fanbase is relatively small. This group really deserves to blow up big.

Lach

Somebody posted a video of these guys on some topic. I clicked and descended down a rabbit hole that consumed my soul and literally all my free time. It was worth it, because these guys are fantastic. Funny, personable, empathetic and always entertaining. I don't quite remember what the link was, or which thread it came from or who posted it, but thanks for introducing me to these guys. I'm shocked that the fanbase is relatively small. This group really deserves to blow up big.

Haha happened to me as well. I think it was in the Monster Truck topic.
Subscribed (even though due to time difference I can't catch them live). But "Sammy Ain't Seen Sh*t!" alone is worth it.

caliph95

I think it was looking for reviews on Terminator

Slayven

Was it the Transporter review?

Actually, going through my internet history, I've pinpointed exactly where the abyss stared back at me. It came from the neogaf thread on Alien Covenant - Trailer 2 and was a snippet of their Chappie review highlighting how bad Siourney Weaver was in it. So, SuperStiltzkin, it's technically all your fault.

He's not great with actors either. Sigourney Weaver was awful in Chappie.

I laughed and thought 'oh, these guys might be quite good.' After that, I watched the Get Out review and it was already over. So, thanks, SuperStiltzkin, you did good.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
For me it was a link to their first Civil War trailer reaction someone posted on a Marvel thread. I spent the next following weeks watching everything on their Youtube channel and the rest was history. Now that I got their soundcloud feed on the Podcasts app of my phone I listen to them all the time.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Seems like Danielle's become a regular on Oz's show (Thank God!) and her own show won't be happening.

So it's basically the casual call in show haha. That's probably for the best. Korey and Oz have great chemistry, Danielle and Korey have great chemistry.

I'm actually watching their Atomic Blonde trailer reaction now. They're so on point about people in comments sections going in on Atomic Blonde not being realistic but praising John Wick 2 when dude gets hit by a car and keeps trucking.

So it's basically the casual call in show haha. That's probably for the best. Korey and Oz have great chemistry, Danielle and Korey have great chemistry.

I'm actually watching their Atomic Blonde trailer reaction now. They're so on point about people in comments sections going in on Atomic Blonde not being realistic but praising John Wick 2 when dude gets hit by a car and keeps trucking.

If I recall correctly, they too have made similar remarks in the past about movies like Colombiana, and Salt, to which they mention how unrealistic it is for skinny women to beat up henchmen with ease, this was back in the spill days.

Found the Colombiana review. Discussion on how skinny she is starts at 4:19.

Side note, just listening to this review made me pine for the old days of their spill review format where everyone had a chance to give their input at anytime rather than have Korey talk for most of the review then getting the rest of the cast talk at the end of it.

Grizzlyjin

If I recall correctly, they too have made similar remarks in the past about movies like Colombiana, and Salt, to which they mention how unrealistic it is for skinny women to beat up henchmen with ease, this was back in the spill days.

Found the Colombiana review. Discussion on how skinny she is starts at 4:19.

Lol, complaining about lack of rocket launcher recoil in The Losers, of all movies, is hilarious. That movie was more over the top than Suicide Squad.

For me it was a link to their first Civil War trailer reaction someone posted on a Marvel thread. I spent the next following weeks watching everything on their Youtube channel and the rest was history. Now that I got their soundcloud feed on the Podcasts app of my phone I listen to them all the time.

I haven't even touched the longform podcasts on soundcloud yet. It's hard to know even where to begin with all that, but I'll be loading some up on the iPod soon. Still just working my way through the movie reviews and general musings on trending topics. I've just watched the one on the Texas shootings from last year and it became a tough watch towards the end with Korey breaking down. That massive Pikachu came in the nick of time.

Top Bottom