• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

I told everyone. I fuckin told everyone this shit was gonna be fucked. I told everyone the whole
"switching bodies"
shit was gonna be fucked. Canon or not canon. Oh and she's
sticking with her caucasian body because because FUCK YOUUUU.

munchie64

Jeez that ending sounded bad. I was gonna say I was disappointed none of them liked it much but then...

As for other movies, the easiest way to tell if Akira is off to a good start would be:

1. Asian cast (obvious)
2. Split into two movies to adapt the full manga

They get my production time support with those.

munchie64

Akira can have Asians, blacks, and hispanics. And maybe one white person.
Definitely. Not sure if he was meant to actually be black, but Joker is an example. And lots of different nations get involved in the second half. But Akira is so Japanese at it's core that I feel a good portion would need to be that unless they completely change everything about it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
giphy.gif
CuiwSxuXYAEPJkT.jpg

Breads

Banned
You know what? Fuck it. I was going to go see GitS in a few hours but the spoiler on this review did it for me. I can't believe that of all the things they decided to change to the basic storyline this what they decided to shove in there. It would have been better if it was never addressed. That plotline is trash and I do not want to support it so I am voting with my dollar here.

kewlmyc

Having seen the movie, it comes off as the writers trying to remedy the producers forcing them to have ScarJo in the movie as the main character and still be set in the anime/manga GiTS movie universe. It's awkward as fuck, but it does at least fit the universe and the story they're trying to tell aka "The people who built you didn't give a fuck about who you were beforehand."

YMMV on if you accept it or not. The people in the theater I went to didn't seem to mind, but clearly, it has pissed off a lot of people. I feel the movie would have done way better review wise if those scenes weren't in the movie at all and they just kept her as "Mira Killian". You could go with what the new Death Note is doing and just have it be an western reimagining of the story.

Glass Rebel

Having seen the movie, it comes off as the writers trying to remedy the producers forcing them to have ScarJo in the movie as the main character and still be set in the anime/manga GiTS movie universe. It's awkward as fuck, but it does at least fit the universe and the story they're trying to tell aka "The people who built you didn't give a fuck about who you were beforehand."

YMMV on if you accept it or not. The people in the theater I went to didn't seem to mind, but clearly, it has pissed off a lot of people. I feel the movie would have done way better review wise if those scenes weren't in the movie at all and they just kept her as "Mira Killian". You could go with what the new Death Note is doing and just have it be an western reimagining of the story.

They could have but they didn't want to because then they would have had to give up on the Japanese imagery. They wanted to have their cake and eat it too.

Shaanyboi

Banned
As a friend on twitter put it, that twist is "she breathes through her skin, so she has to wear a bikini!"-levels of forcibly stupid.

Spinluck

I can gladly skip Ghost In The Shell now.

Only way I'll ever watch it is if it hits Netflix.

Edit: the It trailer review was great. Some of the shit these guys come up with. 😂😂😂😂😂

Calabi

Yeah, I'm not going to see GITS now. How do they make that worse, how the fuck do they not know what they've done. Just ignore or say its an american version, I mean its even set in japan so why make them look European? In the future everyone wants to look white?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
THE MUMMY (2017) MOVIE TRAILER #2 REACTION

Agree with Korey and Martin, it looks like it goes way too big in the wrong way. The horror angle seems way more interesting.

I had the same reaction. This actually looks pretty dope to me but as soon as I saw the city destruction in the trailer, I rolled my eyes.

It's not impressive anymore. It's overdone and boring. I mentioned in the trailer thread, I hope that isn't the end of the movie. I'd take a smaller more personally threatening and thrilling setpiece over CG OVERLOAD.

I had the same reaction. This actually looks pretty dope to me but as soon as I saw the city destruction in the trailer, I rolled my eyes.

It's not impressive anymore. It's overdone and boring. I mentioned in the trailer thread, I hope that isn't the end of the movie. I'd take a smaller more personally threatening and thrilling setpiece over CG OVERLOAD.

Yeah, big dust cloud, light in the sky, city destruction is just so...boring. I know they do that so that they can show how powerful the villain is and why it's important for the heroes to stop them so it doesn't happen to another city, but I can't really get invested in those stakes.

Watch/listen to the end of the Sunday Service. They finally address what's happening with Korey's GameCube haha.

lol the saga continues.

Lach

No new shows until Saturday (Sunday for me)?
How am I supposed to survive the week?

[fake edit]: I just remembered I haven't watched the infamous Danielle drunk show....

[real edit]: They've now updated the page. Looks like regular program....

Korey touched on a concept in the Annabelle trailer I always wanted to see, Avengers with evil ghosts. Though I guess it'd be more like Suicide Squad. I want to see the government dispatch their FEAR squad and just surround a haunted house with soldiers and tanks and helicopters and raid that shit. Evil ghost tries to be scary and then in walks Nick Fury to talk to the ghost about the Avengers initiative. Plant Annabelle inside an enemy base like a ghost bioweapon. Hack all the monitors and televisions so that they all play cursed tape from the Ring. Use the monster from Lights Out for stealth infiltration missions. Tell all these angry ghosts to actually use their powers to make the world a better place instead of some petty shit.

Also that Storelli video is reaching million views, likely because the search algorithm.

Huh, funny that's what did it.

I think what also helped was that it was probably the only source for the video and news about her nudes. I tried to verify with other sources based on DT's update, and their video was the only one that was coming up. I almost thought they were duped with a fake update since literally no one had a follow up on the lol-worthy twist.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
SMURFS REVIEW

Korey: Rental
Martin: Rental
Goodwin: Rental
Gertz:
Bullshit

Also that Storelli video is reaching million views, likely because the search algorithm.

Funniest thing about the Smurfs review was them going on each other's theater habits.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
lol, of all the things to go viral. I don't even think that one video of them discussing Kanye's "Famous" reached that high in views.

Alphahawk

I think my new favorite double toasted video is the Planes Fire and Rescue review which consists almost entirely of Korey trolling Martin for giving the film a good review (It should be noted that Korey hadn't seen it"

which leads to this classic exchange.

[Korey plays a rather uneventful clip]

Korey (Sarcasticly) Martin, you gotta tell me man, did those cars make it. shit.
Martin: See, I wish you had , just like two more minutes of that
Korey: I wish I did too

Holy shit, did not notice one of their (recent]videos reached a million views. I typically don't care when they talk about internet trash, but good for them regardless!

Top Bottom