• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Will's 2nd/Last Chance. TOAST to TOAST
cIRigVy.png

I like the format/idea behind the show but Will is such an awkward host. Maybe he'll grow into the role in time.

I'm going to give this a chance. I'm not super fond of Will when he shows up on movie reviews, but he was good on the Die Hard episode of Sammy Ain't Seen Shit.

I'm going to give this a chance. I'm not super fond of Will when he shows up on movie reviews, but he was good on the Die Hard episode of Sammy Ain't Seen Shit.
The first shot was way too zoomed in. The intro music and graphics were great! The trump segment was meh, and the conversation with Martin was great. So overall, I'll give this another shot. :)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Loved the Smurfs review, reminded me of the Minions review which is the first one I ever saw of these guys.

Holy shit, did not notice one of their (recent]videos reached a million views. I typically don't care when they talk about internet trash, but good for them regardless!

I usually don't either, but their Top Internet Freak Outs was pretty great.

yunbuns

If they dropped the talking rock and had Martin or possibly someone else on to balance out Will, I think that this could be a really good show. I actually kind of like Will and have been looking forward to this ever since they mentioned it was happening.

Vice

If they dropped the talking rock and had Martin or possibly someone else on to balance out Will, I think that this could be a really good show. I actually kind of like Will and have been looking forward to this ever since they mentioned it was happening.
Toss Danielle in there for maximum fuckery.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Think they might do Your Name?

They're animation nerds, so I could see them being interested. The whole L.A. trip might put a slight damper in their schedule. I bet if someone emailed Korey about it, he'd check it out. I know for sure it's playing in Austin. Every obscure ass movie I ever wanted to see always came to town when I lived there lol

Grizzlyjin

I'm actually digging Will's show. Martin knows a good amount about comics, so it was nice to hear him be able to go in depth about the comic industry in a chill atmosphere.

Skittles

It's a shame there's no review of Tucker & Dale vs Evil on their channel. That would easily be a full price/better than sex for some of them.

I really want them to do a review of Black Dynamite. That's right up their alley.

It's a shame there's no review of Tucker & Dale vs Evil on their channel. That would easily be a full price/better than sex for some of them.

I really want them to do a review of Black Dynamite. That's right up their alley.

I'm pretty sure they like both movies. At least, I think I remember Korey talking fondly about Tucker and Dale.

Think they might do Your Name?
Sometime in January or maybe December someone emailed Korey about it but said they weren't interested. They like anime but weren't to keen on seeing an anime movie in theaters. I might be remembering wrong but if I have time I'll look through past shows and see if I can find it luckily​ it's an email question and they usually answer those at the end of the show.

Lyonaz

Sometime in January or maybe December someone emailed Korey about it but said they weren't interested. They like anime but weren't to keen on seeing an anime movie in theaters. I might be remembering wrong but if I have time I'll look through past shows and see if I can find it luckily​ it's an email question and they usually answer those at the end of the show.

Huh I thought Korey and Martin used to watch anime in theatres all the time. Atleast they said that once during their GitS trailer reactions.

kewlmyc

Maybe it has to do with the limited release. Usually they get to go to press screenings, but Funimation doesn't do those iirc. I remember Korey G mentioning he saw Shin Godzilla in his own time however.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I think it was more in the sense that they usually don't review anime movies because there's too many of them or something, but I can't remember it exactly either. I don't think they'd oppose reviewing Your Name if they got a free screening for it in Austin since it's sort of a tentpole release.

Grizzlyjin

kinda weird how low their subscriber count is when you have other reaction channels where morons just sit slack-jawed at a screen and get like 200,000 + subscribers.

they're putting in more effort in their stuff.

Grizzlyjin

I need that woman yelling if I ever get pulled over by the police.

Oh my God! This is wrong! What're you doing!" 😂😂

mreddie

kinda weird how low their subscriber count is when you have other reaction channels where morons just sit slack-jawed at a screen and get like 200,000 + subscribers.

they're putting in more effort in their stuff.

We have to check when those channels started, it takes a while to build up a base.

Grizzlyjin

*listens to Wednesday's show*

Korey yelling at Felix was so awkward lol

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
VROOM. BOOM. ASS.

SArcher

Banned
I haven't listened to the full review on soundcloud yet but the cut down youtube review was barely a review of the film, they basically just talked about previous movies in the series.

Grizzlyjin

I haven't listened to the full review on soundcloud yet but the cut down youtube review was barely a review of the film, they basically just talked about previous movies in the series.

They probably should've just uploaded the entire thing. It would add like 12 minutes but it's already a half an hour long now, why not? I listened to it on Soundcloud last night and it's very Korey centric.

What did they give Fate?

I'm going purely off memory but I think it was:

Korey C: Rental
Martin: Matinee
Korey G: Full Price

Ah okay. I was just skimming the comments to see if she said something dumb and apparently she did. I'm sure she's cool on other subjects, but serious ones I avoid. I'll skip ahead.

I don't blame you. I almost skipped it as well, but noticed right after she started really going off the rails there was an abrupt jump cut. I went from cringing to laughing out loud.

Top Bottom