• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Dram

Do you have a link to that post? I'd like to check it out. I discovered Spill like 2 months before it shut down. Been following Korey ever since.
Some of them are on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SpillArchive/videos
What was the spoiled show that got cancelled about? Deadpool?
It was supposed to be about Deadpool and the last episode of the Walking Dead. I wonder why they pulled it though? It seems like it would be hard to mess up a show where you just talk about spoilers.

What was the spoiled show that got cancelled about? Deadpool?

Deadpool and The Walking Dead.

Korey Coleman said:
And this is why you talk about things amongst staff before going straight to the public. I hardly like to get on social media that much because it's so easy for people to make judgements and decisions before they fully know a situation. Some even making assumptions having just walked into the conversation. Seeing that we now we have a situation being discussed over Facebook I need to address some issues.
As some of you already know I decided to pull Will's spoiler show from Double Toasted. Some seem to take this a decision based on ego as I'm not in control. Others think it was a snap decision, denying Will an opportunity to get better. Others, as I mentioned already, are simply making things up because, well, they need a story.
First, understand that Doubletoasted.com has grown into a full business at this point. Still under two years old we continue to have our growing pains here and there. However, we are growing faster than we ever thought we would (thank you!). As we grow I realize more and more how important it is to protect your brand. Maintaining quality is key, but it is also very hard as that may sometimes involve very difficult decisions. As much as you may want to support your staff and friends, sometimes the business has to dictate what finally happens.
This brings me to my second point. Videos cost money to stream and first impressions mean everything. As much I want to support the creative endeavors of others I simply cannot afford to let shows continue until they get better. As I pay for more resources and staff, money has to be spent more wisely. And there are many things about the spoiler show that's going to take time for it to work. This needs to be done outside a streaming or posting for the public.
As for first impressions, I always press upon the crew to bring their best because you never know when someone will be watching us for the first time. If a show is subpar that first impressions leaves a lasting impression. I'm learning more and more that we can only put our best products forward. I'm already thinking of better steps to producing new content.
Talking about our viewers leads me to my third point. Many are under the impression that the fans or the public is entitled to make decisions on a business. This simply isn't true. While I want to share everything with our community and make them feel included as much as possible, that's not always going to happen. Reality is that a business is run internally. One of the hardest things about running a business is making an unpopular decision most people won't understand. Many of you want a narrative where you have a villain, choosing to think I didn't like the show because I wasn't in charge. Or that I'm quick to punish someone because no one other than myself is allowed to make a mistake. It saddens me to see people simply make this up because it's completely untrue. I watched what we did on that show, and I had to make a decision. And it's never easy to call someone up and tell them what they did you can't use.
I initially thought the show could go up edited, but being that it's timely subject matters I didn't wan to wait that long. And Will did express to me that he wasn't satisfied with the show going up in it's original form. I didn't think that was the best decision either, as I don't want something posted that doesn't reflect either of us well.
I can go and on, but it all comes down to I made a decision based on quality and the state of business. Although those decisions feel terrible to make and by no means are meant to be personal many will take it that way. I doubt this will stop any gossip and speculations, but running a business is not always a popularity contest. In fact it's mostly like parenting. You do the best you can, even if sometimes the people you feel closest to will hate you for it. I hope this helps shed a little understanding on the issue.

Posted on Facebook

Fuck Korey though, watching Double Toasted for as long as I did is starting to influence my typing/speaking habits lol. It happens every time I watch a show for a long time, I'll pick up on a person's way of talking, it's almost like when you play Tetris for so long that you can't close your eyes without seeing the patterns.

Nah I love you Korey

lol..silly Lily.

Damn, was the Spoiler show that bad? What happened? Did anyone happen to catch it?

Skull Skull said:
The show was just awful. I can understand why Korey is pulling it from the line up (for now). I understand a lot of you like Will and it's hard for you to see him lose. But sometimes in life you have to take an "L".

Here's what went wrong, with the show.

A lot of errors with the camera. Switching from person to person and switching from clip to clip. Where we (the people watching) could see his desktop with the clip. Not just a full screen version of the clip. Like we always do and it made the whole show look really sub-par.

Their were a lot of awkward moments. Where Korey had to tell Will want to do next and how to do it. After that, Martin and Korey basically took over the show. Not literately controlling the show but basically did 95% of the heavy lifting and work.

Will's job just became clicking buttons and making a few comments here and there. Will did control what came up next. But he was not the host after that, imo. He was basically a fan who got to sit in during a show. Like on the Sunday Service.

Will had no idea on how to make good transitions. He also had no idea on how to keep a conversation going and have the show focus on him. Which to be fair, comes with practice and time.

But the intro and outro videos he made looked amazing.

This was posted on the facebook page.

Only if he decides to leave himself I'm guessing. I'm sure he'll stay and get over it.

Yeah, even Korey said it wasn't personal. I'm sure Will may have thought he was doing the right thing by letting people know what was going on early but it just backfired.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Korey seems upset. I wonder if Will will lose his job over this?
He sounds more annoyed by people making assumptions about the personal nature of the decision than about the show turning out bad. It was an experiment and it didn't work out.

_Isaac

Which one is Will?

It sucks that the spoiler show didn't work out, but I think they should look into adding spoilers into their reviews. I kinda hate it when review podcasts don't have a spoiler section because they aren't actually able to talk about a movie and all of its facets completely.

Which one is Will?

It sucks that the spoiler show didn't work out, but I think they should look into adding spoilers into their reviews. I kinda hate it when review podcasts don't have a spoiler section because they aren't actually able to talk about a movie and all of its facets completely.

maxresdefault.jpg

That's Will.

Well, they do talk about spoilers now and then, but that has to be difficult to avoid while listening on SoundCloud. A dedicated section for spoilers would be nice though.

_Isaac

maxresdefault.jpg

That's Will.

Well, they do talk about spoilers now and then, but that has to be difficult to avoid while listening on SoundCloud. A dedicated section for spoilers would be nice though.

Ah never seen him before.

Why would it be difficult to avoid? /Filmcast has a spoiler section at the end of the podcast after a 10 second intro so anybody who hasn't seen it can tune out. The spoiler section is one of the reasons it's probably my favorite movie podcast.

Ah never seen him before.

Why would it be difficult to avoid? /Filmcast has a spoiler section at the end of the podcast after a 10 second intro so anybody who hasn't seen it can tune out. The spoiler section is one of the reasons it's probably my favorite movie podcast.

He's typically hanging out in the background.

Spoilers are kind of spontaneous on the show, so it's hard to determine how long they would be discussing a spoiler, especially in a audio only format.
Again, Korey needs some kind of a dedicated spoiler section.

Timu

I remember when they had that spill.com site...glad I found them recently, they are still hilarious as ever.

Finally caught Straight Outta Compton last night so I fired up the Double Toasted review. Kind of a chilling moment when talking about Suge Knight Tommy chimes in "Of course he's a villain we saw him straight up run over a dude." This review was before his troubles I'm sure but that comment sure caught me by surprise.

Bleepey

Oh Danielle.... I love you, you're sexy as fuck, but rape is a topic that makes me feel very uncomfortable to hear her talk about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9fXLZraN0M

Due to the messages and comments I am receiving-I feel like I might need to clear something up. I hope everyone understands that I am not defending a rapist, in fact I am defending every single female that has ever been through a TERRIBLE situation such as rape. Being held down against your will and and being forced into sex is literally one of the worst things you can ever experience. Trust me. I am a woman and have been through more than you all can ever imagine. Although I joke around and like to be playful at times, there are some things I take extremely serious, rape is one of them. This is not something anyone should ever go through. I hate that rape is something people throw around and use to manipulate situations and it seems like it is happening more than ever these days....it's a very serious serious thing to go through and girls who play that card when there is no reality to back it up are discrediting the girls who REALLY suffer. Its life shattering and I would not talk on it unless I myself have been though it. NOW- I'm not saying Kesha is lying because there is no way that I will EVER know any truth to this being that I don't know her personally and I was not involved. Based on the facts and the research, I'm just leaning towards the idea that there might be some manipulation here. MAIN POINT TO THE WHOLE DISCUSSION- I just hope she can recover and turn this into something that can help her in all aspects of her personal life and career. People go through very difficult times and while in the midst of it, its seems like you can never pick yourself up. It seems like happiness is something you will never attain again. That moment is when you must choose strength and self love, though. That's when it really matters. No matter what you go through in life, you are ALWAYS in control and you can do anything you want. You can reach any goal and achieve ANY thing, no matter what the fuck you have been through. My stance is just that I hope she can really flip this and come out on top and be the true performer and artist that people have grown to know and love. Also- yall- I'm not a professional public speaker or even professional media personality, i'm new to this and starting to realize i need to be more careful with the things I say on air and how I say them. It's a learning/growing experience and I just hope I never turn people away from Double Toasted due to the fact that I can be judgmental and I can generalize people actions to a fault (something I will work on) If I EVER say or do something that cause you any personal hurt or pain please let me know as I will apologize and try to communicate what I had said more effectively. I love you guys for your support, opinions and the time it took for you to read this. Hope my stance is a little more clear and we can move on.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1453873828182938/?fref=nf#

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I understand where she was coming from but yeah, she just sounded absurd. I actually let out an ugly laugh when she started doubling down because of the faces the guys started making, they were so uncomfortable.

D i Z

That was not a good look by Danielle. When the room full of dudes are looking like you crossed the line with your direction... repeatedly, you might want to shut the fuck up.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Danielle was out of her league in that.

I just fucking loved the Fake Doctor takedown, just because they knew the bullshit that is alternative medicine.

Even better was that it was followed by Korey taking the shit by that vitamin dude and Martin was doing his best to say, "you just took a lot of caffeine!, no shit you are going to feel something. The rest is bullshit" and his efforts to control himself.

I <3 Martin.

Danielle has a bad habit of putting other women down when they need support.

It's a shame, like it almost feels like the class of response a woman would give to show that she's "one of the guys," you know?

Doubly so because I don't think I've ever felt awkward watching a DT video before now. I mean not that Danielle is the first person on the show to say something wrong and/or unintelligent, but yeah

Top Bottom