• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- First Gameplay Trailer!

My secret hope is that there's a beer crafting system, 'cause that music and the look along with Max von Sydow's voice over just makes me thirsty for a big mug of beer. (I also love how this seems to officially destroy Bethsoft's past of wonky animation and put them at the top of the heap all at once.)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Kintaro said:
PC version? No way that is real time for a multiplatform game.

The way it should be. Also, I think you mean, "No way that is real time for either console version." Just because it's multiplatform doesn't necessarily mean the visuals on the PC will suffer (although that is almost always the case).

I'm too hyped up for this.

Honestly I was expecting a little disappointment, but that was not the case!

This year is going to be amazing with Portal 2, Uncharted 3, Skyrim and Mass Effect 3.

I know there's more games than that but still, if these were the only four games coming out this year it would still be an epic year.

Hah! Thought that voice was Max von Sydow. Thanks for the confirm IMDB

MV5BMTU4MzU3MTIwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODcxMjA3._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

I Am Now

Banned
Holy fucking hell. I have never been more hyped for a game in all my life.

_dementia said:
While I've never played an Elder Scrolls game, I absolutely cannot wait for this.

What are you waiting for?
Start with Oblivion. Morrowind sucks.

Solo

It looks amazing. The art direction craps all over Morrowind and especially Oblivion from GREAT heights. So fucking good. The animation looks great too.

I was worried that it would like crappy after Two Worlds II - I was wrong!

Zeliard

DennisK4 said:

Character models are so much nicer as well. You can see it in the scene when he's walking through town. The residents actually have recognizably human faces at a distance. They look great - surprisingly naturalistic modeling.

JoeBoy101

We didn't get a firm grasp on third person camera and combat animations in that trailer.

And I can not even give one limp sloppy fuck about that after seeing the trailer. The dragons realized in that game look astounding.

Sold. I'm all over whatever Collector's Edition they come out with, regardless of the plastic bullshit inside.

Great locations, graphics, animations and the gameplay on show looks really gun.

Overall a game that looks like it's coming out in 2011, compared to Fallout 3/NV which were great games but definitely not up with most presentation standards of their time.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
JaseC said:
The way it should be. Also, I think you mean, "No way that is real time for either console version." Just because it's multiplatform doesn't necessarily mean the visuals on the PC will suffer (although that is almost always the case).

Exactly. lol

The trailer looks good. Can only hope the PC version isn't fucked over when it comes out.

I want to play this game with a playstation move.

I always wanted to take down dragans with a sword, also the bow and arrow sequences would rock.

KKRT00

No bump-mapping on roads, pixel-shimmering from somekind of EdgeAA, probably MLAA, so thats probably PS3 footage :p

Ps. BTW how can anyone wait 8.5 months after seeing something like that ;\
And lol at Bioware and DA 2 demo.

Despera

Banned
I hope your character can run in this game, and that it looks as good as the way that guy was running away from the dragon at the beginning of the trailer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
KKRT00 said:
No bump-mapping on roads, pixel-shimmering from somekind of EdgeAA, probably MLAA, so thats probably PS3 footage :p

Stood out like a sore thumb. Needs a dash of tessellation.

Zeliard

KKRT00 said:

Hear that guys? No bump-mapping on roads. Shit game confirmed.

Try to remember that this is an open-world game.

Frostburn

I cannot wait, it looks amazing and I'm sure the game itself will be just as good. I can't help but think about the next Fallout game being on this engine...

Gorgon

It's Official: with Fallout 3 and Skyrim Beth has now entered the ranks of my respected western RPG developers. Bioware will probably have to wait for next gen, though.

Dedalus

I was really bummed out after playing the Dragon Age 2 demo, but this is just fucking amazing. Bye bye Dragon Effect.

Top Bottom