• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition |OT| Winter is Here

Erekiddo

My 1080FTW card defaulted all the settings to Ultra, but it's stuttering to hell on the opening. I lowered my resolution and settings to high, and it's still occurring.

This is frustrating. I'd complain, but, it was free.

KageMaru

Played for about an hour and I get a solid 60fps @ 1440p at max settings. Running on an i7 6700K @ stock, 1070 @ 2100 MHz, and 16GB of memory. Character models definitely didn't see the same upgrade as the environments but it looks great still.

Can't wait to play more tomorrow.

leng jai

I love the slow burn of the opening but to each his own.

It was probably okay the first time around.

Just go out into the open world and the game is still beautiful. Stopped after 15 minutes though, kinda feel like I want to wait for some mods to get ported over.

Vitacat

Played for about an hour and I get a solid 60fps @ 1440p at max settings. Running on an i7 6700K @ stock, 1070 @ 2100 MHz, and 16GB of memory. Character models definitely didn't see the same upgrade as the environments but it looks great still.

That's odd. Most people are getting frame drops outdoors.

My 6700k at stock, n1080, 16gb randomly drops into the 50s and even high 40s sometimes. 2560x1080.

Now, OC'd to 4.4Ghz and I never get a frame drop.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
any super smart dude in this thread willing to explain how i can fix the ui in 21:9 mode?

chris121580

Playing on PC on ultra. Game is absolutely gorgeous! Cannot wait to dig into this classic again. Got aurora borealis on the first night. This game has some of the best skyboxes of all time

aravuus

Take a look at this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/top/?

That's really the list for now.

Eh fuck it, I'll just download a million mods again. I was planning on doing a somewhat vanilla playthrough, but that's no fun.

Anyone got a good mod to make the combat deadlier for me and everyone else (so enemies die faster too), without making something like playing a melee character impossible against spellslingers and other ranged attackers?

NBtoaster

It's kind of weird that at night the godrays don't come from the direction of the moons, but from some amorphous glow in the sky.

After games like Bloodborne and Uncharted how bad do the models look? Do they look last gen?

Waiting for my Pro to play . . .

Vargavinter

Now when SE is up and running, anyone know of any Mod-sites where I can get news on how the mods for SE is coming along? I only used S.t.e.p Wiki for modding.

Krakn3Dfx

Was never into RPGs, but bought Witcher 3 because of the killer reviews and I enjoyed it. Although I did lose I interest in the side quests and just finished the main story after the first area.

How would you guys say this compares to Witcher 3, I'm thinking of picking it up.

I like both games, but I enjoy the world in Skyrim more. In The Witcher 3 the entire world feels like a static template that actors are waiting for you to arrive in to start their movement. Skyrim feels like there was something happening in a town before you arrived, and things will still happen after you leave.

giphy.gif

Why, oh why did I foolishly expect any of the music would work. Didn't work in OG Skyrim and now I must suffer the same quiet digital landscape.

Wallach

Switched over to mess with the PS4 version a bit. It actually looks pretty nice, though they probably had a fair bit of headroom keeping the frame rate locked to 30. Load times are a bit worse than on the PC naturally, but not that bad so far. Interested to see how the Pro handles the game in 4k.

giphy.gif

Why, oh why did I foolishly expect any of the music would work. Didn't work in OG Skyrim and now I must suffer the same queit digital landscape.

It's more immersive that way.

/jk

console mod noob here,does load order matter?

If console modding is the same as PC, yes it should matter.

Some mods won't work if it's placed below some other mods (especially conflicting ones), and some others will be causing crashes if the load order isn't properly placed.

It's more immersive that way.

/jk

If console modding is the same as PC, yes it should matter.

Some mods won't work if it's placed below some other mods (especially conflicting ones), and some others will be causing crashes if the load order isn't properly placed.

Seriously, Skyrim without music kills the experience. There goes my hope this weird quirk was going to be fixed for the remaster.

It was probably okay the first time around.

Just go out into the open world and the game is still beautiful. Stopped after 15 minutes though, kinda feel like I want to wait for some mods to get ported over.

Nah, the opening was always horrible. I hated it the first time I played it years ago. Had me worried I wouldn't like the game. Then I was set loose in the open world...the game became a masterpiece.

Sai

I checked out the Xbox One version briefly before turning in. Is the aspect ratio off for anybody else? Seemed like the screen was being cut off, based on the loading symbol on the bottom right, and my gamerpic on the upper left. Didn't see a way to adjust it in the options menu.

Why is the sound all fucked up? The dragon screeches at the beginning all stop super abruptly.

Ok, I thought there was something off with that and a few other sound effects. PS4 version.

I checked out the Xbox One version briefly before turning in. Is the aspect ratio off for anybody else? Seemed like the screen was being cut off, based on the loading symbol on the bottom right, and my gamerpic on the upper left. Didn't see a way to adjust it in the options menu.

It's the same with the ps4 version. Even messing with the screen size in the console's system settings doesn't change anything.

BizzyBum

Played a couple hours on the PC version maxed out at 4K.

Game is certainly much prettier than vanilla Skyrim, though not as good as a heavily modded one, obviously. Console owners who had to endure the 360 and PS3 versions much be thrilled. Future PS4 Pro owners are in for a treat when they play at native 4K.

I played a ton of vanilla Skyrim when it launched so not going to delve too deep again, getting it for free was a nice perk. I might wait until the SE gets a lot of mods again and just load it up with 4K graphical mods and try it again when the times comes to see how awesome it could look down the line.

Runs at an (almost) locked 1080/60fps on a GTX960 (on Ultra). Turned the shadows down a bit and looks more stable.

Also really happy that onmodded saves from the vanilla version seem to work!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah gonna wait until mods are out. I don't think I can touch Skyrim without even the basest things like the unofficial patches.

Top Bottom