• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The FINAL Daily Show with Jon Stewart - a thread had to be made

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielcw

Link to final episode: http://thedailyshow.cc.com/full-episodes/pjkw01/august-6--2015---jon-stewart-s-final-episode
Appears to be region free, but if it does not work for you, look below in this post.

The month of Zen is over.
Tonight at 11pm New York time, the final episode of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart will air. It has probably already been recorded.

x3b0kZ0.jpg

(screenshot by Riskington)

t1438916400z1.png

Why not kill the time by browsing the official Daily Show video archive?!

If you can't use the official website due to the region lock try this:
I'm in the UK how do I watch this? It's doing the whole 'not available in your location' thing
https://xtremisreaction.wordpress.c...ch-the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-in-the-uk/
that websites has tricks for firefox and chrome, pretty simple
maybe it can applied to other browsers

Some recent threads:
A Jon Stewart Appreciation by Bill O’Reilly (yes, really)
Arby's "Goodbye" to Jon Stewart

and random links:
Timelapse of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (on youtube)

EDIT: anything missing? suggestions?

KevinCow

Banned
Oh shit. I didn't realize it was tonight.

Now I feel bad that I haven't watched the show in so long. Definitely won't miss this, though.

It's going to be strange not having him on TV.

That said, I'm feeling different about him leaving than I imagined I would. Perhaps its because Letterman just had his final show a few months back, or perhaps it's because I know this isn't retirement for Jon (where as it probably is for Dave), but it's just not hitting me as much as I thought it would.

Regardless, what an amazing time on the show he had. I can say that I was lucky enough to see the show live. Onto more magnificent things Jon!

vikki

Damn, it'll be a bittersweet show tonight. I'll be happy to see all his friends, but it sucks to see him go. Jon must understand how much he means to many many people.

Cindro

How long does the GOP debate last tonight? Hopefully it ends as this begins - I'd love to catch it live.

It's criminal that he is leaving the night of this GOP debate. And also sort of poetic.
I know, since it's pre-recorded almost certainly we won't even get to his own what would be a legendary segment on it :( Truly is the end of an era though, no more Colbert Deport or Daily Stop with Jon Stewart.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I don't know if I'm going to miss Stewart as much as Colbert. For me, the Daily Show got into a bit of a rut. Felt like the same "LOL Fox News" jokes over and over.

Certainly going to be tough to top Colbert's final episode.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The political world won't be the same. You will be missed Jon.
And on the worst day too, the GOP Debate.

I have no idea how to feel about Trevor Noah.

Ultima_5

The political world won't be the same. You will be missed Jon.
And on the worst day too, the GOP Debate.

I have no idea how to feel about Trevor Noah.

have you listened to his standup special? its on netflix i think. i think the show will be good, just really different

That said, I'm feeling different about him leaving than I imagined I would. Perhaps its because Letterman just had his final show a few months back, or perhaps it's because I know this isn't retirement for Jon (where as it probably is for Dave), but it's just not hitting me as much as I thought it would.
I was feeling the same before the Your Month of Zen marathon started, but having relived the past 16 years of the show over the course of about 40 days, I'm ready to cry at a moment's notice.

A big part of it is that watching the marathon wasn't just reliving Stewart's tenure, it was reliving 16 years of world events and pop culture. It really made me re-appreciate having that voice of reason and that place to laugh during tough times.

The timing of it all also worked out that the time since I became a loyal viewer in 2001 to now has been my entire post-high-school life, because I'm only 32. I'm just the right age for this to have been a very important and formative thing.

The bright side is that John Oliver is still out there, and Colbert's Late Show is very close.

Ultima_5

I was feeling the same before the Your Month of Zen marathon started, but having relived the past 16 years of the show over the course of about 40 days, I'm ready to cry at a moment's notice.

A big part of it is that watching the marathon wasn't just reliving Stewart's tenure, it was reliving 16 years of world events and pop culture. It really made me re-appreciate having that voice of reason and that place to laugh during tough times.

The timing of it all also worked out that the time since I became a loyal viewer in 2001 to now has been my entire post-high-school life, because I'm only 32. I'm just the right age for this to have been a very important and formative thing.

The bright side is that John Oliver is still out there, and Colbert's Late Show is very close.

And the new trevor noah show which i hope will be good and whatever jon decides to do next!

And the new trevor noah show which i hope will be good and whatever jon decides to do next!
I have faith in Noah, but I don't think the current lineup of correspondents is very good. They were enough to get me through the show when Stewart was still at the center of it, but I hope we see some shake-ups in Noah's first year.

It's been years since I watched The Daily Show on a regular basis, but I have so many fond memories of Stewart's run as host. I will definitely be watching this tonight.

When does Trevor Noah's Daily Show start?

Trevor Noah's new show starts Sept 28th.
Colbert's new show (CBS 11:30pm) starts Sept 8th.

Gonna miss the daily show, but Noah and Colbert on the air will be nice. Odd man out is Larry Wilmore, he is going to be going head to head against Colbert now.

I have faith in Noah, but I don't think the current lineup of correspondents is very good. They were enough to get me through the show when Stewart was still at the center of it, but I hope we see some shake-ups in Noah's first year.

I think they're a good lineup. I really like Jessica Williams and Jordan Klepper in particular. Aasif Mandvi's good, but he seems to have one foot out the door, though, so who knows how long he's sticking around. I keep hearing conflicting things about whether John Hodgman will continue making appearances.

I think they're a good lineup. I really like Jessica Williams and Jordan Klepper in particular. Aasif Mandvi's good, but he seems to have one foot out the door, though, so who knows how long he's sticking around. I keep hearing conflicting things about whether John Hodgman will continue making appearances.
I love Mandvi, but I consider him gone.

ChaosXVI

Truly the end of an era...man in college I watched him and Colbert almost every night that I could. I'm just happy we've still got John Oliver. Really softens the blow of losing Jon Stewart.

I love Mandvi, but I consider him gone.

Yeah. I think they've got a good crew of correspondents to carry over, though. I thought some of the roughest patch was in the early 2010s, when they hired a few correspondents who only stuck around for a couple months before using the show as a stepping stone to go elsewhere. Josh Gad, Olivia Munn, Michael Che.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
The likes of Stewart will never be seen again. We get flashes of him in Colbert and even Oliver. But with Jon there is something special something unique. It won't be the same without him. Good luck Trevor but I think we will see Jordan(see jordan has flashes of Jon's wit) in that seat before too long.

Ultima_5

The likes of Stewart will never be seen again. We get flashes of him in Colbert and even Oliver. But with Jon there is something special something unique. It won't be the same without him. Good luck Trevor but I think we will see Jordan(see jordan has flashes of Jon's wit) in that seat before too long.

really? i'd say they'd get amy schumer in there first. it seems like they went for her, but she turned it down?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
really? i'd say they'd get amy schumer in there first. it seems like they went for her, but she turned it down?

If they can get a star they better get a star. I'm just saying if it's really down to the current cast. Jordan will rise above the rest. He just needs time and more experience.

i'd rather tina fey or leslie knope but i'm dreaming.

NimbusD

I had a ticket to the taping today. For some reason I thought I didn't have enough sick days at work to make it work, got into work, checked my sick days and realized I was wayyyyyyy off. By that time I realized, since it was the last day, even if I left work right then, by the time I got to the line I wouldn't get in (they overbook to ensure a full audience so you still have to get in line early). I don't think I've ever been so upset at myself for a poor decision before. Been in a bad mood all day.

Can't wait to see the episode, Gonna miss Jon Stewart.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yes, she turned it down, and understandably so. She has other things going on, and you have to have a very specific interest if you want to do a nightly show for several years. You don't sign on to something like this without everyone considering it to be hopefully a longterm deal. It's a real commitment.

geardo

I think some people might be a little too dismissive of Noah, but it's understandable considering how Stewart's run was so legendary. I have faith, especially considering that the show has had such a great eye for talent through the years.

Jon, you will be missed! Hopefully he makes a cameo or two in the future.

Yes, she turned it down, and understandably so. She has other things going on, and you have to have a very specific interest if you want to do a nightly show for several years. You don't sign on to something like this without everyone considering it to be hopefully a longterm deal. It's a real commitment.

Also, she's doing movies now, that alone probably positions her as unaffordable. Some of the names whispered about before Trevor Noah got named - Louie CK, Amy Pohler, Chris Rock - Viacom probably doesn't want to write those paychecks. They went with somebody younger and relatively unknown likely for cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom