• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Daily Show with Trevor Noah |OT| same chair, different ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

And I think all of us would agree that his interviews suck, but so do Colbert's interviews now. I really can't think of one nightly show with good interviews anymore...

Agreed. This is why Last Week Tonight and Full Frontal are so much better. They don't waste time on pointless interviews.

I just tuned in for the first time on Thursday after I decided to take a little break from the show and I don't understand the empty microphone bit he's doing.

Apt101

I just caught up on last night's episode. That opening monologue from Noah was the first time I found him as insightful as Stewart while injecting some humor. I think he's finally finding his footing.

Keasar

Holy shit.

That Facebook Tomi is a downright cunt. A ignorant cunt with a lot of viewers too which just makes it scarier.

For all the shit we Swedes are giving the so called mandatory TV Fee you have to pay if you own a TV (now any kind of "screen"), I am starting to appreciate that we have a state funded independent TV network and news network. Probably should watch it more.

gabbo

Holy shit.

That Facebook Tomi is a downright cunt. A ignorant cunt with a lot of viewers too which just makes it scarier.

For all the shit we Swedes are giving the so called mandatory TV Fee you have to pay if you own a TV (now any kind of "screen"), I am starting to appreciate that we have a state funded independent TV network and news network. Probably should watch it more.

I kind of wish we had that here to help fund the CBC.
The facebook segment is scary, especially when I know people in my family who get news from such sources and don't engage it critically.

Gattsu25

Banned
Not that I miss The Nightly Show or anything...but they really need to fill that 11:30 time slot with another political satire show because I'm really starting to notice the glaring flaws in Noah's Daily Show.
They're also weekly shows that have substantially more time to prepare for an episode.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Broad shoulders
Broad shoulders
Broad shoulders
Broad shoulders
Broad shoulders

Everytime somebody talks about broad shoulders, I think about that episode of Rocko's Modern Life where Ed Bighead gets fake shoulders to improve his image, lol.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Trevor is out sick tonight.

Jordan Klepper will be hosting. I really like Jordan and think he's a rising star at TDS so I'm expecting him to do a great job.

I haven't been keeping up with CC news is there any hints on what they are going to do with the 1130 timeslot?

Arkeband

Banned
Trevor is out sick tonight.

Jordan Klepper will be hosting. I really like Jordan and think he's a rising star at TDS so I'm expecting him to do a great job.

I haven't been keeping up with CC news is there any hints on what they are going to do with the 1130 timeslot?

I caught Jordan's episode and I liked what they tried to do by having him attempt the "Africa jokes" but he seemed way too uptight as host. I'm interested in seeing what a Klepper Show would be like, but he follows Colbert's oblivious white guy routine so well that I can't see him doing anything else.

I also love Hassan Minhaj, it'd be interesting if he and Jordan found some way to do a tag-team show. His perspective coming from a Muslim background is certainly something desperately needed in the political commentary sphere.

DietRob

I caught Jordan's episode and I liked what they tried to do by having him attempt the "Africa jokes" but he seemed way too uptight as host. I'm interested in seeing what a Klepper Show would be like, but he follows Colbert's oblivious white guy routine so well that I can't see him doing anything else.

I also love Hassan Minhaj, it'd be interesting if he and Jordan found some way to do a tag-team show. His perspective coming from a Muslim background is certainly something desperately needed in the political commentary sphere.

Hmm... interesting concept with Jordan and Hassan. A tag team show with the two of them showing the differing perspective of the 'white guy' and the 'muslim guy' could be something great.

I was feeling Klepper as a host until he straight up called his guest's child an idiot.

DietRob

Wow.... just started this on the DVR. I like how a seems like it might be a zombie theme for Halloween but it just the Trumpacolypse. This is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom