• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trevor Noah interviews scary white blonde woman on The Daily Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaislip3

Tomi Lahren was the guest on this night's episode of The Daily Show, and they went over a variety of topics ranging from Black Lives Matter to Colin Kaepernick. Trevor basically bodied her. Definitely one of his best moments on the show so far.

Check out the full 26 minute interview here.

TaterTots

Banned
Gonna watch this immediately. I've seen her videos on Facebook. Curious how she carries herself on anothers program.

She's is insufferable. Literally the most obnoxious, white supremacist Twitter troll in existence. She's garbage.

tumblr_ogrg15tdTU1tvhs6no1_540.jpg

tumblr_oh13v4KVxC1u9dmmro1_540.jpg

WZECLOU.png

From the clips I've seen of her, this takedown was a long time coming. Her stuff is so basement-level "common sense" cringe-worthy that it's embarrassing. She just talks loudly, aggressively, and definitively about stuff that she is very much in the wrong about it, but people who agree with her end up thinking that she's just "telling it like it is".

She's the epitome of "make a statement loudly and without room for dissent, and people will think you're telling the truth".

It's like when O'Reilly would say "Tide comes in, tide comes out, you can't explain that" when he was casually talking about the existence of God.

I'm disappointed he even gave her the time of day (and publicity) to be honest.

This too. I can't stand her, but I unfortunately fear seeing her become a big star in conservative media under a Trump presidency. The less chances she gets to appear on TV, the better. For every "Trevor Noah bodies Tomi Lahren" post made on sites, there's another "Trevor Noah bullies/shows clear bias against Tomi Lahren" or "Tomi Lahren destroys Trevor Noah on his own show" post on conservative sites.

Dishwalla

Banned
Man she's really buying into the "shake up/turn Washington on it's head" crap, even after all these Trump cabinet picks.

Ezalc

Seeing his face when he says "you guys won" and her sitting there across from him with that fucking shit eating smug smile made my blood boil.

ZOONAMI

Damn. What an opportunist. You can tell she knows she's full of shit.

I really am in a bubble. I had no idea this tool even existed. Why do people buy this drivel?

I would've liked him to point out her blatant hypocrisy re: alt right and black lives matter. That she doesn't like all people who voted for Trump to be labeled as "alt right" but wants to associate all BLM supporters with rioting, etc

It maybe didn't need to be said, but dunno if everyone watching would've picked up on that

JP_

Banned
Saying things you agree with and saying factually correct things isn't winning a debate. Apart from a couple moments he basically let her get away with her bullshit -- he didn't get her to concede anything and I doubt he convinced anybody on her side she was wrong about anything (he got close a couple times and moved on). Her side probably thinks she won. That was infuriating to watch.

ZOONAMI

I would've liked him to point out her blatant hypocrisy re: alt right and black lives matter. That she doesn't like all people who voted for Trump to be labeled as "alt right" but wants to associate all BLM supporters with rioting, etc

What did the kkk do? Facepalm. I would have kicked her off the fucking show.

gnomed

I'm disappointed he even gave her the time of day (and publicity) to be honest.

I don't think she's gaining anymore notoriety than she already has. As Trevor stated she gets millions of views among a social/new media audience exceedingly more than a low click-rate Reuters article or ratings plunging CNN, which is considered "mainstream". With the older audience getting the NEWS from old media (FOX and A.M. radio).

I can't wait for the spin from the no spinzone. Aggressive black immigrant targets petite blonde American women in a shouting match.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

It maybe didn't need to be said, but dunno if everyone watching would've picked up on that

It was clear that the audience were understanding that she was being a hypocrite. He specifically mentioned the KKK and her statement that just because Donald had their support, that didn't mean his candidacy was about White Supremacy.

Infinite

I don't think she's gaining anymore notoriety than she already has. As Trevor stated she gets millions of views among a social/new media audience exceedingly more than a low click-rate Reuters article or ratings plunging CNN, which is considered "mainstream". With the older audience getting the NEWS from old media (FOX and A.M. radio).

I can't wait for the spin from the no spinzone. Aggressive black immigrant targets petite blonde American women in a shouting match.
I get his point though because she's just an opportunist. Inviting her on the show does her a favor more than it can hurt her. However engaging that bubble is a good thing in itself

It was clear that the audience were understanding that she was being a hypocrite. He specifically mentioned the KKK and her statement that just because Donald had their support, that didn't mean his candidacy was about White Supremacy.

Definitely, just wish he would've pointed it out to her explicitly. He seemed to move from topic to topic while leaving things open

Might be stronger if he doesnt say anything, though.

Slayven

nah, she will spin it as the scary black man attacking her

Best thing is to ignore her, cause she will go away

I don't understand how you can talk to people like her without wanting to take a power drill to your own head. She and her followers are so blatantly stupid and hypocritical. LIke within the span of a minute she said that it's okay to lump in the extrememists who are violent with BLM, yet did not want all Trump supporters to be called the "Alt-Right". It like, didn't even dawn on her. She's a fucking moron yet she gets millions of people to watch her. I still just wish Trevor didn't even bother. There is nothing to be gained with giving her a platform.

Dishwalla

Banned
Saying things you agree with and saying factually correct things isn't winning a debate. Apart from a couple moments he basically let her get away with her bullshit -- he didn't get her to concede anything and I doubt he convinced anybody on her side she was wrong about anything (he got close a couple times and moved on). Her side probably thinks she won. That was infuriating to watch.

Yeah it kind of was. She was just going around in circles and aside from a few moments, Trevor never really stopped her momentum. Not as powerful of an interview as it should have been.

Totakeke

I never understood the conservative sympathy for immigrants waiting in line. Yeah like hell you actually care about those people.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
going to watch it, but i think trevor has been developing a passion for american politics so he'll be able to become a bigger voice eventually.

Honestly I don't see the point of trying to "own" these people because they don't care anything you say or do to them as long as you give them airtime. People like her are playing a character and only care about the limelight, not any kind of real discussion.

Dishwalla

Banned
I never understood the conservative sympathy for immigrants waiting in line. Yeah like hell you actually care about those people.

The longer they are in line waiting to "get theirs" the less time and money the conservatives have to spend on them.

gnomed

I get his point though because she's just an opportunist. Inviting her on the show does her a favor more than it can hurt her. However engaging that bubble is a good thing in itself

True, she is an opportunist, but the same can be said of the The Daily Show inviting controversial guests. I agree, engaging is a great way and it seems Noah was literally trying to help understand her stances a little better similar to how Jon Stewart would challenge some of his guests. This interview alone just shows how much of her arguments fail when scrutinized and more talking points. Hopefully, some viewers have a better take of things, but similar in way that religious doctrine doesn't hold up when further questioned (no offense to our religious members).

scoobs

I mean I dont agree with her but I really don't see how Trevor owned her. She held her own and I would not want to get stuck in a debate with this girl lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom