• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trevor Noah interviews scary white blonde woman on The Daily Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
going to watch it, but i think trevor has been developing a passion for american politics so he'll be able to become a bigger voice eventually.

His thoughts here are starting to build on something here and I think its important

I feel his voice, as an immigrant born under apartheid and then moving to trumps america is the voice we need in this time. Jon Stewart was great but he had his time and place.

RDreamer

God she's a fucking nutcase. The mental hoops she jumps through are exhausting to listen to. I don't know how she lives it.

Nightbird

Eh, I think Trevor should have went in a little harder on her.

He drove her into the corner and then proceeded to let her escape. This is not very good.

The audience had a hard time clapping for her as she entered the stage. And they were dead silent most of the way through.

commedieu

Banned
nah, she will spin it as the scary black man attacking her

Best thing is to ignore her, cause she will go away

This doesn't work. They just organize, and vote.

Democrats/liberals are cucking by letting this shit get air time. Imagine giving the SS a spot on your daily variety show.

It legitimized their bullshit white supremacy position. As if it's an opposing view. And not just straight fucking disgusting.

There wasn't any fucking owning. Because they will literally lie about what happened and their demographic will grow. That's allowed to happen.

Enzom21

I love how she danced around the protest question.
Sounds like a lot of GAFers who do nothing but bitch about how black people are protesting.
Never have an answer to how we should be protesting.
My god she's insufferable.

shira

I mean I dont agree with her but I really don't see how Trevor owned her. She held her own and I would not want to get stuck in a debate with this girl lol.

How should a black man in America get their point across?
[Dodge]

[Change Subject]

[Colin should come on my show]

[Relate to story about herself]

LCGeek

formerly sane
That was awful. Trevor hardly challenged her at all.

I think he gave up, you can clearly tell with her KKK BS he wasn't going to spend a lot of effort on a two faced shill like her. This election has taught me the media is useless in speaking for several groups of voters or their concerns. Moore is right the left needs real attack dogs I'm sick of feckless timid cowards who don't know how to respond to talking points that have been around for years.

Natedrake points out a great point. She brings up the dallas shooting and trevor can't remember to inform her it was peaceful event for BLM and cops that got overshadowed by that nutjob with a gun.

scoobs

Exactly. She's an expert question dodger and turning things around on the interviewer. Once again, shes completely full of shit and a despicable human being, but she did an pretty impressive job of going out in front of a crowd that she knows wants to hate her, and didn't fold.

FFS she used the Dallas shootings as an example to discredit BLM.

The easy followup to that is "Do the violent racists who support Trump represent all Trump supporters or the Trump platform?" yet he even whiffed on that. Not that she would have answered it directly anyway.

Nepenthe

Claims BLM is a movement of hate because of some of its supporters. Then claims that you can't stereotype all Trump supporters as Alt-Right deplorables. And that's just one of the many contradictions she employs during this interview.

Fuck Tomi Lahren, fuck Trump, fuck the non-voting centrists who let this happen; just fuck this whole circus, man.

NateDrake

The easy followup to that is "Do the violent racists who support Trump represent all Trump supporters or the Trump platform?" yet he even whiffed on that. Not that she would have answered it directly anyway.

She needs to be on Bill Maher or some other show. Have a panel shut her down. Her audience believes her nonsense because they are an ignorant crowd and buy into it.

RDreamer

Suck it up crybabies, you're in the greatest country in the world, none of you are victims!

Except those poor voiceless souls in South Dakota. I will be their voice because no one's listening to them.

gnomed

I mean I dont agree with her but I really don't see how Trevor owned her. She held her own and I would not want to get stuck in a debate with this girl lol.

The title is a little hyperbolic, but like how Kaepenick took a non-direct, non-threatening approach, I thought Noah's engagement was the best way and she comes off as just "Bitch, you crazy".

How is she so angry? How does she muster up that kind of outrage in every sentence? How does she say "Obamacare was designed to fail so we'd get single payer" and act like this is a serious statement?

I live around conservatives! I've seen people I know share this shit on Facebook! Not even they are that dumb or angry all this time.

She just seamlessly transitions from topic to topic but retains this perfect rage! How?

Ashes

Banned
Noah was on point. Didn't lose his cool, replied with good reasonable arguments for most of the debate.

Chojin

Suck it up crybabies, you're in the greatest country in the world, none of you are victims!

Except those poor voiceless souls in South Dakota. I will be their voice because no one's listening to them.

I don't want her to be my voice. Sadly though the shit she spews echos what a lot of people I know back home say.

They're the "Why is it racisit if I say I have white pride?" babies. I tell them, "Go ahead, start shouting 'White Pride!' Nobody is stopping you."

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I don't see the ether. At all.

She made a couple gaffes here and there (Black Lives Matter compared to the KKK, not seeing color), but she was quick and confident with her responses to Trevor.

If anything, she probably quietly gained a couple watchers after that. It doesn't help that a) she's pretty, and b) he seemed to have a hard time even looking at her during the interview.

Wasn't a good interview.

She never answered his question.

Yeah she did fam. Her answer was pretty damn chilling.

She said stop being victim. I got my rights later than you as a woman to vote, and you don't see me choosing to be a victim.

...and there's folks who will eat that up. Believe that.

NateDrake

She made a couple gaffes here and there (Black Lives Matter compared to the KKK, not seeing color), but she was quick and confident with her responses to Trevor.

If anything, she probably quietly gained a couple watchers after that. It doesn't help that a) she's pretty, and b) he seemed to have a hard time even looking at her during the interview.

Wasn't a good interview.

That wasn't a gaffe. She has said it numerous time. She believes in that.

gnomed

As opposed to tax paying immigrants? We're not just talking about refugees here.

I meant that as how a more than likely Trump supporter would probably believe in. Basically, any American of "questionable" background some how takes up resources that can better be spent on a god-loving real 'Merican.

I just don't see how someone can just have that kind of sustained anger about everything. Trevor Noah grew up in a fucking apartheid South Africa and he seems less bitter about the world.

I had to turn it off. I live in fucking Idaho and it feels crazy that someone like that can exist.

Wasn't a good interview.

Somewhere on another board there's the thread:

"Tomi Lahren owns Trevor Noah on The Daily Show"

RDreamer

Funny thing, though: The very first time I saw Tomi it was because her video was shared by a conservative friend of mine... who is also a black felon. lol

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
That wasn't a gaffe. She has said it numerous time. She believes in that.

Oh I know. She just can't be quite so obvious in how silly that narrative is, when she's comparing folks saying "fuck cops" and "fry the bacon", to an organization that hung people from trees and burned churches with congregations inside them.

Tomi did a lot better than I thought she would. I was under the assumption her viral rantings were scripted by other people and she was the attractive young blonde to deliver the message.

I liked some of the laughs he managed to get in there - and honestly she setup most of them herself - but every time he started down the right path in challenging a point he either whiffed it or changed the subject. It's like he's got half of the formula down disarming with humor, but he just isn't incisive enough to get to the heart of a subject. The cobwebs of her intellectually dishonest double-speak are still left hanging there and it's super annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom