• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

Weather update: I'm a few kilometres to the North, but looking out over Albert Park, and the showers that are coming across the bay look to be only light. My uneducated guess is a light sprinkling rather than a downpour of any sort. Should be trailing off, if not completely passed, by FP1.

[insert disclaimer regarding Melbourne's weather being horribly unpredictable]

nny

Woo! Finally they are back! I should really go to bed early (or work) but I'll stick around a bit...well, I'll work for 20 minutes more.

(oh and great OP!)

ANDY_098

Edmond Dantès;36073256 said:
Sky already showing their superiority.

I was just thinking that watching the opening montages and zoom in to the track. Clearly not half-arsed it and put a considerable effort into it. I think it will show how lacklustre the BBC has been lately.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
I've noticed these sorts of posts from you before. Are you (and the whole idea is odd to me) a Sky fanboy of sorts?
Nope a total neutral in terms of F1 coverage. But I know what Sky are capable of.

Anyway, I'm fully paid up member of the BBC Natural History Unit appreciation society. ;)

xptoxyz

Like Jake was? Although of course, they couldn't mention the name.

Certainly less awkward than I thought it would be, just not as funny without Eddie.

Nah, I mean I think the app is only for iOS so makes sense, but I think even the laptop was modelled after a Macbook. That's off-topic anyway let's carry on, my bad for moving the conversation away from what matters.

Septimius

xptoxyz

It was just a laptop. I really doubt all their apple money would be showing by a 3D model of a laptop being a mac. Let's not throw ourselves at everything here.

If it was unclear, the being paid statement was not a serious one in that sense. I guess it wasn't clear in writing.

AcridMeat

Banned
Bunch of clowns on the local Australian broadcast.

Only 10 minutes in and I'm sick of them already.

"OI LOOK AT DE'M FEEEYST BEUOOTZ. NAH MATE IM BUSY COOKIN UP SOME SHRIMP ON THE BARRBAY. THIS FOODS SO GOOD, I COULD SELL IT FOR FIVE THEEUUUUSEHND DOLLURS."

ANDY_098

Hill doesn't look comfortable, I can see him being scaled back to a features presenter rather than one of the leads.

More rain...

S. L.

man you guys are some super hardcore critics. give them a chance, they all have to get into their groove for a race or two before it will be all smooth

Septimius

man you guys are some super hardcore critics. give them a chance, they all have to get into their groove for a race or two before it will be all smooth

This is true. Brundle's still there. He'll forever save the day.

I still won't ever like huge touch screens, though!

andylsun

Supposed to be streaming on SPEED.COM but doesn't seen to be doing so yet.

Edit: LIVE telecasts of Qualifying & the Race on SPEED will be Blacked Out in Canada. Practice session & race repeats will available in Canada.

So what do you do if you want to watch F1 in Canada?

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
The BBC team faced the same criticism at first, but we all grew to love them.

I remember David been lambasted for been boring and Jake for his lack of knowledge and Eddie for his brashness.

I think it'll be same here, but to a lesser extent.

ANDY_098

Edmond Dantès;36073746 said:
Yeah, he's always been nervous on camera.

I wonder if Karun Chandhok is available?

Chandhok has a drive in the WEC this season, don't know off the top of my head if it clashes with F1, but it probably will at some point.

Nice short adverts, hopefully they are aways that length.

So it begins.

untitled-2pcbj7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom