• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamm

FbYxu.png

Not on your life, my Hindu friend!

That made me laugh alot more than it should have lol

ANDY_098

Bahrain hits back with positive Lotus report
http://adamcooperf1.com/2012/04/10/bahrain-hits-back-with-positive-lotus-report/
A press release was issued tonight on behalf of BIC by London PR firm Dragon Associates.

It says that two Lotus personnel visited Bahrain and quoted a report they sent to team principals on April 5 as follows: “Yes there is a need to keep the circuit and the teams secure and they are doing this and they feel very comfortable about the arrangements. If there is going to be protestation then it will be confined to peaceful protests – you will maybe see some banners being waved and maybe some tyres on fire but that is all that they expect.

“We came away from Bahrain feeling a lot more confident that everything is in hand and to be honest if it wasn’t for a few more police you wouldn’t know any difference from the last year we were there.”

Lotus then released this statement:
http://www.lotusf1team.com/Statement,8840.html
Earlier today, the Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) issued a press release attributing quotes to our team showing support for the Bahrain GP. These quotes were part of a full internal and confidential working document, that was also sent on a confidential basis to all F1 team managers last week. Lotus F1 Team is one of 12 contestants of the Formula 1 World Championship and we would never try to substitute ourselves for the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA), which is the only party entitled to determine if a Grand Prix should go ahead or not, and we endorse the FOTA statement that was issued earlier to this effect.

No safety concerns it seems, still politically a mess though.

Second woman in F1.

Susie Wolff becomes Williams development driver

Susie Wolff, formerly Susie Stoddart and now married to Williams co-owner Toto Wolff, has been announced as development driver for the Grove-based team. The Scot, who contests her seventh season of DTM in 2012, previously graduated through the ranks of British single-seater series and was nominated Young Driver of the Year.

“I would like to thank Sir Frank (Williams, Team Principal) for giving me this opportunity both on and off the track,” says the 29-year-old from Oban. “I must also thank Mercedes Benz AMG and HWA for supporting me to take up this new experience with Williams.

“Formula 1 is the ultimate challenge for any racing driver and it offers me the chance both to apply and to improve the skills I have developed racing in DTM. In return I shall be offering some of my own technical insight and experience – coming from a different discipline – and helping the team engage with its partners.

“I hope also to demonstrate that women can play a role at the highest levels of motorsport and I shall be working closely with the team on its social responsibility programme in the areas of education and road safety.”
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/276971/susie-wolff-becomes-williams-development-driver/

I hope it won't take too long until we see a female driver in a more significant role.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Bets aren't up either yet =/
What reason would they have to skip the question this week? It's been 3 weeks sind the last one!

Probably on holiday or something.

Second woman in F1.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/276971/susie-wolff-becomes-williams-development-driver/

I hope it won't take too long until we see a female driver in a more significant role.
There aren't many in the lower leagues actually impressing enough unfortunately. It'll be a long while before a women is driving in F1 because of her talent rather than her gender.

ANDY_098

Webber and Vettel will use different spec cars on Friday in China
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98698
Adrian Newey said:
We have shown good race pace, but we know we need to make a step in qualifying. In order to evaluate our most recent upgrades, we will run two different specifications of the RB8 in China on Friday. Based on feedback and preference shown by both drivers, Mark will test an updated evolution of the set-up used for the Malaysian GP, while Sebastian will run a pre-season specification. We will then compare the results.

moojito

Qatar looked like it had a decent race track with the moto gp. It certainly seemed wide enough for f1s. Go there instead!

ANDY_098

Webber's playing the test driver for new parts, like Massa at Ferrari and when they're performing as expected, Vettel will get them before the quali/race. :lol

At least Webber is getting new parts, Vettel is going back to what was used in pre-season. They clearly have two directions of development in mind and are unsure of which is the best approach at the moment.

Shaneus

At least Webber is getting new parts, Vettel is going back to what was used in pre-season. They clearly have two directions of development in mind and are unsure of which is the best approach at the moment.
But if Vettel fucks his preseason-spec wing, watch them give him Webber's. Or even if Webber does better than him.

I think it's less about preference and more knowing that he has the experience to give better feedback than Vettel does.

Second woman in F1.

Bernie's quote:

If Susie is as quick in a car as she looks good out of a car then she will be a massive asset to any team and on top of that she is very intelligent. I am really looking forward to having her in Formula One.

There's nothing he won't say, is there?

smiggyRT

But if Vettel fucks his preseason-spec wing, watch them give him Webber's. Or even if Webber does better than him.

I think it's less about preference and more knowing that he has the experience to give better feedback than Vettel does.

Unless there's something in Mark's contract I can see him telling them to fuck off.

NHale

Edmond Dantès;36845231 said:
Rather see the Portuguese GP returning at Portimao rather than Spa, which to be frank, tends to produce many processional races.

Unfortunately Portugal don't have money to spend on events like F1. As much as I would like that to happen, I would riot if the government even paid €0.01 to have a F1 race after they "robbed" 2 months of salary, charge a bunch of extra taxes, offer less health care, etc.

ANDY_098

New Jersey F1 race preparations well under way
http://thestar.blogs.com/autoracing/2012/04/new-jersey-f1-race-preparations-well-under-way.html
FdEr2.jpg

Alex Howe, vice-president of communications for Global Strategy Group of New York, emailed me this photo the other day that shows construction already under way on garages and corporate suites for the June, 2013, Grand Prix of America at Port Imperial in Weehawken and West New York, N.J.

Howe advises that when construction is completed, the lower level will house the garages while the upper levels will contain luxury hospitality suits where guests will be able to see the pits, the front straight and, most important, the skyline of New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom