• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, let's be honest, going out on nights out with your mates and getting trashed is one of the best things in life. Racing in F1, flirting with Rihanna and making millions doesn't prevent stuff like that from being a sacrifice.

Dibbz

I think people forget that Hamilton is still very young. You could say Vettel is younger and a double world champion but that is testament to how great a professional Vettel is. Hamilton is still a great driver and him realizing his mistakes will only help. No point getting on his case when he knows he fucked up.

Ark

He gets paid millions of dollars to be a precision driver and he's calling staying home when mates go out as a "sacrifice"? Holy shit. Dude may be an experienced driver but he's clearly still immature in other respects.

Because you can totally relate to his situation.

dalin80

Banned
I think people forget that Hamilton is still very young. You could say Vettel is younger and a double world champion but that is testament to how easy it is too win with a car a second a lap faster and a number 2 driver on a short leash is. Hamilton is still a great driver and him realizing his mistakes will only help. No point getting on his case when he knows he fucked up.

fixed that for you.

rithvikgv

Neo Member
The Ferrari is so slow this year that Alonso has decided to tweet during the grand prix. *ba dum tish* Follow him @alo_oficial.

Xavien

I'm not vindictive enough to want SkyF1 to fail, because I like the idea of it. I'm just bitter that a deal couldn't be struck to keep all the races on BBC live (because watching something live is so much better than watching it delayed, for a number of reasons) instead of only half.

Sky could've offered the F1 as a one-off subscription channel so I could simply buy the basic Sky package and then add on the F1 channel on top. But instead you have to pay for the Sports package to get it, which includes channels that I would barely watch. F1Fanatic worked out that the cheapest price for someone without Sky to get F1 would be £363 per year. I just can't justify paying for that, especially with my situation at the moment.

If you get the HD package you also get the F1 channel without needing to take sky sports. Rather handy for me and my family since we have basic package + HD pack + multiroom already, no sports or movies.

If it was sky sports package only, i'd be pissed though. Costs £30 a month to get Sky F1 but beats paying £40 a month for a package you'll probably never use outside of F1.

Risgroo

Balls, looks like I won't be able to watch the aussie gp live. I'll have to record it and watch a few hours later. Too bad, as getting up early in the morning to watch the first race is something I love doing.

Juicy Bob

If you get the HD package you also get the F1 channel without needing to take sky sports. Rather handy for me and my family since we have basic package + HD pack + multiroom already, no sports or movies.

How much does that package cost you then? Minus the multiroom?

He gets paid millions of dollars to be a precision driver and he's calling staying home when mates go out as a "sacrifice"? Holy shit. Dude may be an experienced driver but he's clearly still immature in other respects.

Money can impress you for few months, sooner or later you take it for granted and go back to whom you really are..

Goldrusher

I don't care about the time. It's all staged these days anyway.
Then again, the interview is probably rehearsed, scripted nonsense as well.

:(

He's going to be the most boring interview in Top Gear history I predict.

He nearly put me to sleep in the 2012 preview show. Fucking hell, lad, crack a smile, change the tone of your voice, do SOMETHING. He annoys the hell out of me. Reminds me of the grungy teenager in school who listens to Slipknot and thinks he's too moody to speak properly and is full of anguish.

kharma45

He's going to be the most boring interview in Top Gear history I predict.

He nearly put me to sleep in the 2012 preview show. Fucking hell, lad, crack a smile, change the tone of your voice, do SOMETHING. He annoys the hell out of me. Reminds me of the grungy teenager in school who listens to Slipknot and thinks he's too moody to speak properly and full of anguish.

From the preview clips they showed he seemed predictably boring.

FootballFan

Great OP, looking forward to another great season of racing.
Michael Schumacher to get a podium finish before the tenth race.
You heard here first folks.

Predictions

Vettel to finish 1st in the Drivers Championship followed by
Hamilton
Button
Alonso
If they get their car sorted, possibly higher
Webber
Schumi
Probably not, but i can hope

Septimius

Warming up for the upcoming weekend with the '11 season review on Sky. I have a feeling this year might be great, also for Mercedes

Also, getting pretty fed up with this talk about F1 having a budget cap. The restriction on tires, testing and other ways of making f1 "less expensive" are ridiculous. Big teams will always pour the money they have at what they can pour it at. Now it's not up to who can test the most, or afford most tires to race with (this one is just stupid) - now it's up to who can spend most on developing a great simulator. Who has the best datamodels. Who has the biggest teams to calculate the stuff they can't stuff in a wind-tunnel anymore.

These cost cutting actions are just painting F1 into a corner.

DD

Google translator :p

Viviane Senna, the sister of triple world champion Ayrton Senna F1 and mother of Bruno - race driver team Williams / Renault in 2012 - said in an interview (aired Sunday on Rede Globo), which only accepted the racing career of his son after hearing a "mysterious voice. "

"Bruno rolled for nearly three years, until one day, alone in a hotel room during a business trip, a voice told me: 'You're messing up your child'," said Viviane, reiterating the mystical side of the Senna family . Ayrton said he always talked to God and more, during a Formula 1 race saw the Supreme Being in a curve.

"I never imagined that Bruno wanted to be a pilot. For me, it was more a joke, a childish teenager. He was very respectful to wait until age 18 to tell me this, but I took a fright, I was petrified. Me spent the entire movie in his head, "said Viviane.

Ayrton Senna died after an accident at the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola racetrack in 1994. Two years later, Bruno's father died after a motorcycle accident.

http://translate.google.com.br/tran...a_autorizou_Bruno_Senna_a_correr.html&act=url

Goldrusher

Here we go...

6828037372_3bdff18400_b.jpg

6828037808_f67e0c4e89_b.jpg

Mercedes:

6974158473_f1e386fe95_b.jpg

429149_10150661852624598_284292149597_8967379_1828828858_n.jpg

Red Bull:

417274_10150663455019598_284292149597_8974648_1380704593_n.jpg

Williams:

423980_10150661980324598_284292149597_8968067_626026968_n.jpg

Caterham:

426340_10150661980049598_284292149597_8968061_80479457_n.jpg

F1 :

425657_10150661980194598_284292149597_8968064_1994996469_n.jpg

Lots more:

http://www.grandprix.com.au/photos

&

https://www.facebook.com/#!/australiangrandprix

Shaneus

New Addition! We are excited to announce a further addition to the Behind The Scenes morning. From 10.15am until 11.00am on the GPTV stage in Legends Lane behind the Fangio Grandstand an expert panel of Martin Whitmarsh (McLaren), Steve Nielsen (Caterham), Mark Gillan (Williams), Dave Greenwood (Marussia) and Bob Bell (Mercedes) will be answering questions on the technical elements of Formula 1. From engines to tyres this group will cover it all! Head straight over to enjoy the session after the morning Pit Lane Walk!
So, guys. Anything you want me to ask, other than "Have you been sandbagging in the tests?" to each of them?

Also, I get to experience this. Squee!

And this looks a little more than tempting. Only a hundo for the weekend, shared b/w my brother and myself. With team radios (all of them?) and onboard cams and the TV broadcast (as I understand it) it's a bit of a no-brainer.

Dead Man

Damn it. I just realised unless my work schedule changes I will miss the European races. Shit. Stupid Sunday overnight shifts.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
"Auto Motor und Sport suggests that Mercedes GP was the quickest team in long runs, even faster than Red Bull based on their analysis."

Found this on twitter from F1enigma..

NHale

Edmond Dantès;35948551 said:
And they have Sauber as the second fastest team.

Pinch of salt time.

I would be shocked if Mercedes isn't the 3rd fastest car on the grid. However they seem to have a problem with degradation.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
I would be shocked if Mercedes isn't the 3rd fastest car on the grid. However they seem to have a problem with degradation.
It's still Team Brackley aka BAR, aka Honda F1 and the team who made a pig's ear of winning the title in the second half of 2009. Even with the new personnel, they still strike me as a team of also-rans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom