• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilly

Banned
Lewis at Silverstone '08 is one of the best performances I've ever seen. He crushed the fileld, winning by 70 seconds.

With visor problems, was such a great win.

LOL span like a spinning top, 6 times I recollect, if Massa got one point at Silverstone 08 he would be have been WDC that year.

Yeah, that was hilarious. Hamilton driving one of his career's best while Massa thought he was ice skating.

Chris R

Yes that intro from Speed was pretty bad, but they aren't normally that silly. And the race coverage was good for the most part (other than saying Webber pitted early on in the race when it was Ricciardo, and then doing a lengthy recap of the race on like lap 50).

Bring up Vettel's 2011 Canada drive in the wet without mentioning Buttons?!

Button is amazing in the wet. His dad made him use slicks growing up!

ANDY_098

LOL span like a spinning top, 6 times I recollect, if Massa got one point at Silverstone 08 he would be have been WDC that year.

Edit I was there to watch that glorious race live, got a covered grandstand, thank god

I wish I could have been. I was general admission, I arrived at 5am and was sitting in the rain all day. Definitely worth it though, was a great race.

Britprog

I wish I could have been. I was general admission, I arrived at 5am and was sitting in the rain all day. Definitely worth it though, was a great race.

Amazing atmosphere that day, got chatting to some hardcore fans, was in F1 heaven.

Was sitting at the Becketts stand which was cool, but was a bit far away from the cars, my "non F1 fan" freinds who where with me weren't that impressed, as it was wet the cars didn't seem to go that fast.

Would have got ticket for corpse, but they sold out!!!!

Its the only time I watched a race live, my dream is to go to Spa then Monaco next!!!

Check out the race highlights here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLGnFTl_6_I

Yoritomo

Button is amazing in the wet. His dad made him use slicks growing up!

That was the point. The insinuation is that Vettel is a terrible driver because he went bit off line due to pushing to stay in front and lost the rear end of the car then recovered, which let Button pass.

Britprog

massaeffect.jpg

lol

Pterion

Button played demolition derby during that race. Lucky bugger survived 2 crashes, while the other guys had to retire.

Lewis at Silverstone '08 is one of the best performances I've ever seen. He crushed the fileld, winning by 70 seconds.
Haters gonna hate, but I have yet to see such a dominating drive in over 14 years of watching F1.

Pterion

Mclaren will win it, rain or dry. Ham for pole and victory, hopefully.

If you listen to Whitmarsh, the car was at a disadvantage in Australia as there aren't that many high-speed corners compared to tracks like Sepang. This was also noted during testing, with the drivers stating that the car behaves extremely well at high speed, hence Hamilton being quoted (somewhat wrongfully) as implying the 2012 car has a similar level of downforce as the outgoing car.

S. L.

what say you gaf, will mclaren dominate or will rbr show their true pace at the next race.

Should be closer next race. RBR did barely test their new exhaust and the rain in FP didn't help either. So the insight from the race should give them a bit of a boost next race.
Then again Australia isn't really a good benchmark for the rest of the season, so who knows.

Omiee

Should be closer next race. RBR did barely test their new exhaust and the rain in FP didn't help either. So the insight from the race should give them a bit of a boost next race.
Then again Australia isn't really a good benchmark for the rest of the season, so who knows.

to be honest australia suits mclaren more than RBR. i think they should be stronger next race.

Hmmmm, I just came up with a joke that I know would offend too many people.

I can confirm that text which made me laugh out loud in my kitchen probably wouldn't be suited to this thread.

However, what would be suited to this thread is celebration that the F1 starts an hour later this weekend I just saw on the F1 channel. I thought it was earlier for some reason. Hurrah!

Xun

I really hope Lewis steps his game up in the next race.

He never took losing a race like this until last year.

Shaneus

SPEED in the USA. They normally aren't that bad, and I expect it to be much better for the rest of the season.
Yeah, that's... wow. It looks like a bad highschool project using only stock Windows 3.1 fonts, Wordart and royalty-free images. Horrible.

Anyway, from what I can gather the Australian broadcast wasn't that much better with some people saying that, including the pre-race stuff, it was basically a 3-hour advertisement. Shithouse :/
That is why I'd pay a hefty sum to get a solid, uninterrupted broadcast of all the F1 stuff. But that's literally impossible here in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom