• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Full House Poker (XBLA/Windows Phone 7) Official Thread

It's actually quite good. Perhaps the best console game of poker to date. Texas Heat needs a lot of work though. Great use of avatars.

NaviLink

I finally gave this a shot with the trial.

In terms of polish and visuals, it seems pretty consistent with the standards that 1 Vs 100 had, with live events all week. The game is pretty easy to pick up, you can see the chips of everyone at the table when you want, you can choose to show your whole hand, part of it or not at all after a showdown, among other things. It's nicely done overall.

According to the leaderboards, there's a little over 120k players. I'm pretty sure if this game was brought down to 400 MSP, it would sell a lot. I would definitely buy it at that price. 800MSP is a bit much, even if it's clear a lot of work has gone into the game.

AkuMifune

Banned
I like this a lot actually, but I was a Game Room defender too. Hopefully this won't just be left to die like that did.

Played a bunch of great matches last night. The lower buy in tables people will usually go all in first hand, but the higher you get the more smarter play and interesting banter seems to happen. Haven't tried out the Heat events yet, hopefully this weekend. What is it, Sunday morning or something?

hitoshi

Hey, i need a little help. I've booted up the game five minutes ago as usual but it does not allow me to host a game! I've tried rebooting but its the same, i can reach the table-customization menu but there's no continue button. What the hell is happening?

Since the last update its not even possible to join / invite others to a ranked multiplayer match from your party / friend list and you have to find the host manually, which is not that easy, because they also removed the player's names from the host list! Seriously, these are the improvements?

(Xbox 360 version OFC)

hitoshi said:
Hey, i need a little help. I've booted up the game five minutes ago as usual but it does not allow me to host a game! I've tried rebooting but its the same, i can reach the table-customization menu but there's no continue button. What the hell is happening?

Since the last update its not even possible to join / invite others to a ranked multiplayer match from your party / friend list and you have to find the host manually, which is not that easy, because they also removed the player's names from the host list! Seriously, these are the improvements?

(Xbox 360 version OFC)

Ranked matches shouldn't be played against your friends, because people were boosting. Sucks that we can't have nice things because a few people want to inflate their scores. So if you want to play with friends, play player matches, not ranked.

I just turned the game on last night and saw there'd been a title update, hopefully this fixed the stability and issues with Texas Heat, so I'll be playing it again tonight to find out.

hitoshi said:

(Xbox 360 version OFC)

Create a game with a high chip limit. They fill up slow and aren't that many of them so you can find your friends. We usually do 10,000 limits.

Daigoro

havent touched it on a month or two. im so close to lvl 50 too.

are there new achievements for the Summer heat?

they probably broke the game again with the new update. did this game ever work right?

Daigoro

texas heat has never worked right for me anyways. im always alone with AI at the table. maybe 2 other people in the whole tournament with me if any.

hopefully they get it working right at some point.

I just bought this game hoping it would be a fun game to play on live, but I have not been able to find a multi player match yet. Does anyone still play this? my gamertag is Cyori if you guys still play I'd like to play with you!

FleaTheMagician said:
I just bought this game hoping it would be a fun game to play on live, but I have not been able to find a multi player match yet. Does anyone still play this? my gamertag is Cyori if you guys still play I'd like to play with you!

Don't do a quick search and just do a regular search and you'll find matches.

FleaTheMagician said:
Now all I get is "An error occurred while trying to join the match"

What a waste of money this game was.

Are you doing quickmatches? I never have a problem and I am rank 50 in the game.

I can never seem to join any game from any of the in game menus. It seems I join the game for a split second then get booted, because new people show up on my recently seen list. If I pick someone from the list and try to join them, I have much better luck getting on a table. I did get on a few hours ago and met a lot of cool people, so that was fun.

AkuMifune

Banned
Game received free update for Summer season (lol) with 3 new achievements that are retroactive (winning tournaments, playing 10,000 hands, winning with full houses) and the new avatar famestar crap stuff.

It's my favorite gaming version of Poker, and still fun to play....whatsamattau GAF?

MrDaravon

If I'm remembering right aren't the achievements fucked on this one where you can't get the ones for past seasons because they were specific to that season (like Fall 2011 or whatever)? I just remember that really irking me.

Game is pretty great, but they don't seem to have ever fixed the drop in/drop out issues where people will randomly get dropped for no reason, or it lags forever on a turn until the game implodes.

AkuMifune

Banned
True, you can't get the previous season achievements now, but if they're still supporting it...who knows?

At least the new cheevos are retroactive, so a good reason to boot it up. And I haven't had any connection issues drunk playing it the past few days.

Public matches are always worth a laugh. But a good old GAF tourney would be amazing.

Redd

Always play at least one Tournament a day. Love it but I got one big problem with this game. Random times when you get stuck in a game with just bots to play against who were just recently human players. They really need to fix that.

Daigoro

console for me.

damn i thought i was gonna have this game complete too. i have all achievements up until this point.

10k hands. im sure im nowhere near that...

Top Bottom