• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Full House Poker (XBLA/Windows Phone 7) Official Thread

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Is there a reason why there should be bots playing in the heat? They should just get rid of them completely. I don't even like seeing bots in the ring games.

Grecco

Dont really get the texas heat stuff, i can win each of my tables bank over a million chips each session and still get 11k-12k exp only.

I tried again at the 8:00 games and once again had nothing but CPU players that did nothing but go all-in or fold over and over. Dumb.

Barbarian

I'm not very impressed with Texas Heat. Server crashed twice on me. Most of the tables were filled with AI robots. I don't understand why they wouldn't design this so you only play against humans. With all these bots, it feels like a single-player game.

My initial take is that the regular multiplayer modes seem much better than Texas Heat, but I will give Heat a few more chances before I give up on it.

Had fun playing with some Gaffers today. Thanks, guys!

Disappointed with Heat. Not nearly as fun as the regular game. Froze on me one game and most games were filled with bots. If over 10,000 people are playing why can't I play with them?

ghostmind

That was a mess.

Had the server flake out twice in the lobby and stick me with all bots. Restarted and got human players back, but at the cost of my starting table.

Had the server flake out during play once and replace all the humans at the table with bots. That sucked.

Most fun was had when there was at least 5 humans at the table - why there are bots in Heat mode is beyond me.

Nonetheless I had fun playing with the GAF'ers and GiantBomb'ers tonight.

Yeah, I gave up and just went back to ranked matches. So much more fun. Even with real players I dont get the appeal of playing for experience over money, especially when you get so much exp just for folding.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Just got this. An are you sure you want to go Allin prompt would help. Especially since it's the same command as the normal raise. I've gone allin by accident while multitasking like 4 times already.

Cth

So, I was dealth pocket Queens, and the first two cards that show up? Two more Queens.

.. and then CRASH.

There went my shot at the jackpot. I was curious to see what the split was like.

Otherwise, it's been a lot of fun.

The only thing I miss from the TikGames version was seeing what types of hands you've played and how many of them. (200+ 4 of a Kinds, 15 Royal Flushes, etc)

I didn't have quite as much trouble as you guys, but I didn't have but 3 or 4 humans playing. I see what they are trying to do, but they really need to fix the server problems. I'm glad the other parts of the game are excellent because it eases the disappointing Heat mode in its current state.

POKER NeoGAF is getting constant friend requests so once it fills up some more we can start discussing a weekly GAF game or something.

Daigoro said:
This game seems to get better at the higher buy in tables. 5k andd up seem to have better play for the most part.

Yeah. People care more when there is more to lose. I almost always play the five grand tables.

Gowans

Ug! I've just spent 90 mins and 2000 playing tie dye John Lennon in the pro takedown & got beat badly after some lengthy seesawing matches.

Sick!

I never thought I'd say this about a poker game... but these blinds increase WAY too slowly. This is much slower than most online tournaments, including some of the majors.

Normally I'd be all over slower blinds... but for play money? Meh.

Funnily enough, the exact opposite problem applies to Texas Heat, where the antes are so goddamn huge (even before a hot pot hits) that it's almost the correct strategy to push 80% of your hands. Though on the other hand your result in Texas Heat has nothing to do with how well you play poker (or even how successful you are at it short term) so it's kind of a moot point.

There should be an option for faster blinds... and it should be the default :p

Mister Zimbu said:
I never thought I'd say this about a poker game... but these blinds increase WAY too slowly. This is much slower than most online tournaments, including some of the majors.

Normally I'd be all over slower blinds... but for play money? Meh.

Funnily enough, the exact opposite problem applies to Texas Heat, where the antes are so goddamn huge (even before a hot pot hits) that it's almost the correct strategy to push 80% of your hands. Though on the other hand your result in Texas Heat has nothing to do with how well you play poker (or even how successful you are at it) so it's kind of a moot point.

There should be an option for faster blinds... and it should be the default :p

I agree especially on the $1,000 buy in MP ranked tables.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
OldJadedGamer said:
I agree especially on the $1,000 buy in MP ranked tables.

Thirded. I was playing a SP tourney and it was taking forever. At least give me a chance to save the game and continue later.

surly

Banned
As a poker n00b, I wasn't sure if I was going to like this or not, but I had great fun with it. The first time I tried to find an online game it threw up a connection error, but after that it worked fine. I haven't played the Texas Heat mode yet though, and that seems to be the one that's the most problematic.

Mister Zimbu said:
I never thought I'd say this about a poker game... but these blinds increase WAY too slowly.
I'm new to poker, so I could be way off here, but I think you're spot on with this. I played a tournament where I made it to the last two and it was going on and on as both of us were cautious players. In the end, I went all in on a hand (and lost) just because I was getting bored with the slow pace and the constant back and forth of just a few chips. Increasing the blind more quickly would fix that and lead to bigger bets, is that correct?

surly said:
I'm new to poker, so I could be way off here, but I think you're spot on with this. I played a tournament where I made it to the last two and it was going on and on as both of us were cautious players. In the end, I went all in on a hand (and lost) just because I was getting bored with the slow pace and the constant back and forth of just a few chips. Increasing the blind more quickly would fix that and lead to bigger bets, is that correct?

When I'm the last two, I go in every single hand no matter what or you'll just play forever and by that time I'm ready to be done. Second place still gets you a lot of chips so I don't mind rolling the dice. If the other person folds, I'll just show my shitty cards so they can tell what I'm doing. Most catch on or agree when you tell them over the mic.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
OldJadedGamer said:
When I'm the last two, I go in every single hand no matter what or you'll just play forever and by that time I'm ready to be done. Second place still gets you a lot of chips so I don't mind rolling the dice. If the other person folds, I'll just show my shitty cards so they can tell what I'm doing. Most catch on or agree when you tell them over the mic.

I do this everytime as well, but I am always unlucky and end up with shit cards when I agree with the other player to go all in.. I want that damn achievement to win a ranked match :p

I also agree the blinds go up pretty damn slowly, the phone version is a little better in that aspect as it changes every 10 hands.

LevityNYC

Banned
I like the game, but there needs to be more live events. The blinds should go up much quicker.
THe XP system is broken. They should reward you on playing correct poker like doing things like calling when you have pot odds and getting bad beats and the like.

This game rewards you for playing crap hands that you have no business being in.

Full Recovery said:
I read that it is a buggy mess, is it that bad or are people just exaggerating?

On a few occasions a players countdown has reached 0 and nothing happen for a few seconds, but it always came back for me. Until last night, I played a really good game, got really lucky in the head to head, was up 5,500 vs 500 and then the next hand the dealer wouldn't deal the cards. We just sat there, I sent my opponent a message, but didn't get a reply. So I quit the match and the game awarded me second place. It was weird, especially with me being ready to end it, but I wasn't too mad.

It's a fun game, hopefully a patch can fix these kind of issues pretty quickly, these kind of bugs should be expected I guess when a game is trying to do something a bit new with the 1 vs 100 tech.

Full Recovery said:
I read that it is a buggy mess, is it that bad or are people just exaggerating?

I've played a lot and while there are some bugs in it... nothing that has ruined the overall game if they are patched.

But I mostly play ranked MP tournaments.

equil

Im super addicted to this game.

My only gripe is the way it gives out EXP.

Im level 44 and it gives out the same amount of exp throughout all the levels, you'd think that the higher buy in tables would give more exp, but so far ive been in 100,000 buyins and they give the same amount as the 250 buyins. You get more exp for making a good fold than actually winning the hand.
Theres also the occasional game freeze where a certain player isnt able to make a move even though the timer is at zero. I think it happens more when someone else joins or leaves the table.

But overall i love this game.

Blinds should go much quicker. Fun game but I don't want to play one table for over an hour and a half when it's not for real money.

Kafel

Banned
Supposedly Texas Heat games are on now where I live.

I've never tried this, where should I go to join a game ? "Texas Heat Planning" ?

edit : ok, it's in 20 minutes in fact. I'll see then.

equil

So the first game tonight of texas heat, i got the gold medal but i didnt get the achievement....anyone else see me pop up? LOL

my gamertag is Annihilator

Grecco

Texas heat is a mess, i got crashed out of both sessions at 11, losing ridiculous amounts of XP, Chips, my life preserver, and the fact that i was at the triple diamond table. Hope they fix this.

LevityNYC

Banned
Played a "live heat" game with a bunch of bots. it was as fun as it sounds....stupid...very stupid.

Played an hour and had 1 human player total on all the tables....seriously...this is not fun.

The bots are complete morons btw.....fuck this shit.

Daigoro

heat event are still screwed up? that sucks. looks like that gold medal achievement is going to be in limbo for a while.

hopefully they will be fixed by this weekends event. otherwise i can see everyone losing interest very quickly.

i beat the final pro takedown table yesterday. took a bit of grinding but it wasnt too hard. i have a pretty large bankroll now. hopefully ill be able to find some 10-100k buy in tables online to keep things interesting.

just have the gold medal and the 5 mil achievement left to get. does the 5 mil one need to be accumulated during a heat event, or is it just your overall bankroll? anyone know?

Tried Texas Heat again tonight. This time I had real players. I was up over 2 million in chips thanks to idiots going all-in and the game crashed with a minute left to play. Piece of shit. Same problems that were talked about in beta havent been fixed months later. Ugh.

xbhaskarx

Does the developer have a forum on their website? People should be harassing them to fix all the issues with this game. It's great and has so much potential to be even better, they better not leave it in this state...

equil

There's also a chip glitch that lets you get pretty much endless chips.
It needs to be fixed pretty quickly cause people are boosting their bankrolls.

I still cant believe i got the gold star and the achievement didnt unlock. It was like a once in a life time event lol.

Grecco

equil said:
There's also a chip glitch that lets you get pretty much endless chips.
It needs to be fixed pretty quickly cause people are boosting their bankrolls.

I still cant believe i got the gold star and the achievement didnt unlock. It was like a once in a life time event lol.

What glitch is this?

equil

Grecco said:
What glitch is this?

All you have to do is join a standard table, get dealt one hand then leave the table, and whatever the buy for the table is gets added to your bankroll, even though they never removed that amount from your bankroll.

Yeah, as most have said, a table of bots plays out the same way. Everyone folds but two of them. Raise, raise, raise, raise, raise, all in, call. Ones got 2-9 non-suited, other has 4-J non-suited. And this happens every time.

Playing against humans is a bit more fun. Played 4 games, been in the final 2 every single time, but eventually get tired of playing because the other final guy will fold for over and over. That would be fine if the blinds went up and up and we were playing for money, but after awhile, Im just "eh" ... you can have it.

stamos11.jpg

Getting it out of the way...

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
I'm kind of over this game until they fix all of the bugs.

Yesterday I had two ranked tournaments suddenly end and declare me the winner. Another time I got second place but it declared other players top 3 and I got nothing.

Texas Heat is just lame with all of the bots. I won't be playing that again for sure unless they get rid of them. It's just an all in fest as is.

I'm still down for an all GAF tourney though. That should be fun.

Jesus Carbomb said:
I'm kind of over this game until they fix all of the bugs.

Yesterday I had two ranked tournaments suddenly end and declare me the winner. Another time I got second place but it declared other players top 3 and I got nothing.

Texas Heat is just lame with all of the bots. I won't be playing that again for sure unless they get rid of them. It's just an all in fest as is.

I'm still down for an all GAF tourney though. That should be fun.

My sentiments exactly....done with Heat until it's fixed and now the regular tables seem glitchier. Maybe they are working on it. GAF night will help things a lot but I'm moving to evening shift so I'll only be able to play on my days off.

Top Bottom