• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Full House Poker (XBLA/Windows Phone 7) Official Thread

Tawpgun

user_nat said:
Certainly not.

Phone doesn't have any multiplayer, which is stupid. No WP7 games do yet, as far as I know.

On the plus side, much cheaper than the 360 version.
That's absolutley ridiculous. Iphone has multiplayer with that scrabble game but a phone built with Xbox LIVE doesn't?

This phone dissapoints me every day. It was not ready to launch.

JaggedSac

WP7 has APIs for asynchronous multiplayer functionality, ie. turn based, like Words With Friends, so I see no reason for this game not to have multiplayer.

xbhaskarx

Isn't poker turn based? You can't do anything until it's your turn.

Edit: My comment made more sense when the one above ended at WWF.

user_nat said:
Certainly not.

Phone doesn't have any multiplayer, which is stupid. No WP7 games do yet, as far as I know.

Game Chest Logic Games has assyncronous multiplayer for the chess game. And cross-plataform with the PC version. But it is the only one up to now. Microsoft should hurry with the LIVE updates for the Windows Phone 7, some games are ridiculous without multiplayer.

Gowans

I've woke up itching to play this again, but it will have to wait till after work :(

I'll try to get another GAF game going tonight.

Just got done doing a 4 hour private match with friends and bots. There were too many laughs and good times to be had to not justify this purchase. Hell, even a few mini-memes were being created.

"Fuck you Larry Louche!"

toff74

I played for a good few hours last night..

Was really surprised how well it plays. Went straight into online ranked tourney... won it. And it wasn't full of 'all ins'. Was a pretty serious match, lasting a good hour.

I've just added (or trying to add) NEOGAF Poker to my friends list, but fail for some reason. Anyone help?

I'd be up for a few evening sessions!

Anyways, my GT is Toff74

edit: sussed it. It's POKER NeoGaf

The only thing I don't like about the game is how they present the all-in moments. I wish it would focus in on who is going against who and what their holding in their hand along with what the dealer turns over.

Other than that I put this easily in my top 5 XBLA in terms of value.

zorbsie

Picked up the WP7 version. I didn't know that the money earned can transfer over to the xbla game. Thinking of taking the plunge on xbla version now.

moai

Mizzou Gaming said:
Make sure and download the free add-on for the Texas Heat stuff.

what does it do? does it activate the day of the event? it didn´t change any menus ingame.

Just played a few games online, they really did a fantastic job of putting together the game in a way that maximizes presentation without slowing down the game. Extremely well done overall, they should seriously consider offering this game free to all Gold members for one weekend to play the Texas Heat mode. They don't need to open up the entire game, just whatever is needed to play Texas Heat.

On a seperate note when I get back on better financial ground I will buy a couple 1600 MS Points cards or something similar to give away in a NeoGAF Tournament. What do you guys think, is this something you'd be interested in? Asking for some sort of buy-in could turn ugly, but a donated prize or two wouldn't cause many, if any problems. Anyways, just a thought, let me hear whatcha think.

I'm going to be playing most of the afternoon during the NCAA games so shoot me a message on LIVE- GamerTag: UR BUS IS SHORT

Oh and make sure you send a friend request to POKER NeoGAF so we have a pool of GAF players. I setup the account and will be checking it, and accepting the friend requests all throughout the day.

Daigoro

exwallst said:
How can a 30 min tourney be anything but a push fest?

I seriously doubt they have a 30 min time limit. The blinds in the ranked normal tourneys go up about every 10 min or so and are not timed

For the Heat live tourney, they probably just start every 30 min and go until they finish.

there is no time limit for ranked tourneys. Wouldn't make sense for the heat events to have them either.

Kafel

Banned
This is what I have in the Texas Heat menu (times for my zone -France-) :

Saturday : 9 PM -> 10:30 PM
Sunday : 1 AM -> 2:30 AM , 4 AM -> 5:30 AM
Tuesday : 9 PM -> 10:30 PM
Wednesday : 1 AM -> 2:30 AM , 4 AM -> 5:30 AM

Bonus for noobs attending.

Gowans

Lord-Audie said:
I'm getting this today.

Looks good enough. Wish it had cam implementation. This could've been the next UNO.
Have you played UNO recently be glad it hasn't.

It works really well, all the games I've been in turned increasingly social, great community is forming up round the game

Mizzou - Great idea about a GAf torney for points, I'm in.

Bought and played this last night, super addictive. I was playing the old Texas Hold'em still and this seems like an updated version with Avatar support. It's funny to hear people talk and watch their Avatar do the exact thing they are saying like "too rich for my blood" then the Avatar throwing the cards away.

I love seeing too how everyone has dressed their Avatar. Sounds silly but you get that guy that wins a hand over you and he has some stupid head gear on and it just makes you more angry!!!

Over all, good game and worth the 10 space bucks.

Chiaroscuro said:
Where on the game? I did not find it on the menus...

Did you download the Texas Heat add-on? I don't recall exactly where its at in the game but it should be pretty obvious which has me thinking you didn't download the add-on.

I'll be back on my 360 in a sec and I'll be more specific.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Mizzou Gaming said:
On a seperate note when I get back on better financial ground I will buy a couple 1600 MS Points cards or something similar to give away in a NeoGAF Tournament. What do you guys think, is this something you'd be interested in? Asking for some sort of buy-in could turn ugly, but a donated prize or two wouldn't cause many, if any problems. Anyways, just a thought, let me hear whatcha think.
Now we're talking. Much more interested if something like this gets going.

And yeah, buy-ins would mean Paypal payments and whatnot, tracking who paid, sending the individual people who paid invites for the tourney, etc. Might be too much of a hassle.

You'd think that someone by now would have written a video game poker AI that can play Poker even at least mediocre. I'm not talking about even beating a seasoned pro or even a regular player, just at least not being a loose-passive calling station.

The logic seems to be:

[You bet postflop]
- Do I have any pair?
- Do I have a flush draw?
- Do I have a straight draw?
- Do I have at least one overcard?
- If yes to any of those questions, call a bet of any size.

[You bet all-in preflop]
- Do I have cards?
- If yes to any of the above questions, call.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Mister Zimbu said:
You'd think that someone by now would have written a video game poker AI that can play Poker even at least mediocre. I'm not talking about even beating a seasoned pro or even a regular player, just at least not being a loose-passive calling station.
Poker AI has never really been done well, at least for video games (dedicated poker sims like the Wilson suite are decent). I think Stacked had the most interesting AI in terms of poker games. It didn't fare too great though sales-wise.

Spike6663

Looks like the GAF tag will have some action for the next few weeks at least. I'm having a few beers for St Paddys tonight but I may venture online for some hands.

Repgnar

Picked the game up this morning. Like someone else said, having difficulty joining quick games but searching is fine. Tried a tournament and the game never got started, wasn't sure what was going on but I think everyone quit so it declared me the winner.

moai

anybody seen the bug/glitch where a player just stays with the counter on 0 and doesn´t fold, check, etc.?
i hope it´s not a glitch, happened to me just once and had to disconnect from the match, the other player didn´t anything for 10 min.

Gowans

moai said:
anybody seen the bug/glitch where a player just stays with the counter on 0 and doesn´t fold, check, etc.?
i hope it´s not a glitch, happened to me just once and had to disconnect from the match, the other player didn´t anything for 10 min.
That happened to me when my connection glitched, had to quit too.

Firing up a quick game if anyone wants in just join.

Repgnar

Gowans007 said:
That happened to me when my connection glitched, had to quit too.

Firing up a quick game if anyone wants in just join.

I'll hop in after this tournament. Playing with Lord Audie right now.

Mizzou Gaming said:
Did you download the Texas Heat add-on? I don't recall exactly where its at in the game but it should be pretty obvious which has me thinking you didn't download the add-on.

I'll be back on my 360 in a sec and I'll be more specific.

I put the DLC on my download queue together with the full game (on PC). Later when I switched on the 360, I haven´t notice it, but I was quite tired. I will look again and if it does not show up I will re-download the DLC.

I thought Texas Heat was going to be a real tournament and not just "who gets the most XP in 30 minutes" :(. Oh well.

Played a $250 ring game on XBL against some pubbies. Cashed out $3,500 :lol

Sanjuro

Not going to lie, I only purchased this game because of a friend. I have no experience player poker in real life and have only actually played it virtually through Red Dead Redemption. That all being said, I'm doing pretty damn good and having alot of fun.

Only problem seems to be the networking and some strange losses while having the better hand. Besides that I'm really enjoying the game and it's presentation.

Chiaroscuro said:
I put the DLC on my download queue together with the full game (on PC). Later when I switched on the 360, I haven´t notice it, but I was quite tired. I will look again and if it does not show up I will re-download the DLC.

I finally got what was wrong. My 360 local setting was set to "Brazil". If I changed it back to US, the Texas Head option appears in the menu. So it is restricted to only some countries.

I like the idea Mizzou. Just sent a friend request to POKER NeoGAF.
I'm not running into any all in madness. In fact the games go on for too long. If they just lowerd the play timer 3-5 seconds and raised the blinds even 2 minutes quicker it could save 15-30 minutes if you do get to the final 2-3 players.
I'm away for the weekend so if anyone starts a GAF tourney next week let me know.

Sanjuro

Alright.

Drinking vodka. Playing online poker. Talking with gents at the table. TON of fun. Want to take drunk Sanjuro's chips!? COME AT ME BRO

moai

Chiaroscuro said:
I finally got what was wrong. My 360 local setting was set to "Brazil". If I changed it back to US, the Texas Head option appears in the menu. So it is restricted to only some countries.

i'm a litlle worried now, i was locked out of 1vs100 by ip (being in chile). could they do that to us with a paid game?

moai said:
i'm a litlle worried now, i was locked out of 1vs100 by ip (being in chile). could they do that to us with a paid game?

Damn dude I think you are going to run into the same problem. Highly emphasize "I think" though so don't take it as fact.

Top Bottom