• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Full House Poker (XBLA/Windows Phone 7) Official Thread

Gowans

moai said:
great game, although i agree that the "all inners" are starting to make it a little bit annoying.
send a friend request to poker neogaf.
gt: zarigueya
yeah the guys doing it will learn soon enough, I took a good few people doing that early on.

Love this game, it's really chatty online to but in a nice way.

Look forward to playing with Poker Gaf later, would love to see a 30 player multiple tables game in action.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Kinspiracy said:
First official Tourney is 4:30 PM eastern time on Saturday. Tournies last a half hour. There will be a tourney starting every half hour until about 1:00am it looks like Saturday so you can play in as many as you want. The next night of tournies is Tuesday. That's all I see listed inside the game calendar at the moment.
Overlaps with the weekly Poker-GAF tourneys on Pokerstars. How convenient. :/

At least they continue into the night.

Daigoro

The rules and system for texas heat sound promising. You can view them under help & options > how to play.

Sounds fun.

LQX

Wish this was blackjack. Don't understand why Blackjack doesn't get the love poker does.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I still don't understand why people pay for poker games on the consoles when far superior programs are available from the real money sites for free.

What do you think you are getting out of the poker game on XBLA that you wouldn't get out of playing play money games/tourneys on Full Tilt or Poker Stars?

Spike6663

Yaboosh said:
I still don't understand why people pay for poker games on the consoles when far superior programs are available from the real money sites for free.

What do you think you are getting out of the poker game on XBLA that you wouldn't get out of playing play money games/tourneys on Full Tilt or Poker Stars?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yaboosh said:

Good question. Poker GAF has been trying to get more people in on the weekly free money Home Game GAF tourneys but noone seems to want to join in so we ended up dropping those until we can get more interest. :(

$10 is a bit much for me I think, but I'll try the demo first tonight. Personally I would spend a lot more money on XBLA if they had a 600P price point that they could sell games at.

Yaboosh said:

To be fair, from the screenshots at least, the aesthetics of this far exceed what you'd get from pretty much any of the online PC real money sites (besides PKR). However, you lose alot of the quick play and usability of the PC clients.

LQX said:
Wish this was blackjack. Don't understand why Blackjack doesn't get the love poker does.

Because tournament blackjack is nowhere near as interesting, strategic, skillful, or fun as Poker is.

XiaNaphryz said:
Good question. Poker GAF has been trying to get more people in on the weekly free money Home Game GAF tourneys but noone seems to want to join in so we ended up dropping those until we can get more interest. :(

Jerks :(

Reposting for Real-Money-Poker-GAF:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418931

We're doing Pot Limit Omaha this Saturday. $3+$0.30 buyin on PokerStars. PLO is really fun to dick around with even if you have no clue what you're doing.

Gowans

I'll be starting a game in 45mins prob playing for a couple of hours.

Just be online n add the had tag n you'll get a invite

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Gowans007 said:
I'll be starting a game in 45mins prob playing for a couple of hours.

Just be online n add the had tag n you'll get a invite

I'll probably get on. Got an assignment to finish first but it'll take no longer than that.

It's cool seeing what everyone has done, via purchase or winning awards, with their Avatars. I hated losing to the giant carrot from Kinect Sports.

Gowans

Had a good couple of hours play with friends n gaffers.

Awesome game, flipped out of a tourney tho, gutted. Can't wait to get more time n play more, espesh when the shelled events start.

Kinspiracy said:
It's cool seeing what everyone has done, via purchase or winning awards, with their Avatars. I hated losing to the giant carrot from Kinect Sports.
hahahaha
He beat my ass in boxing. I hope I can get some revenge in this.

Gowans

Spike6663 said:
Had good fun in that room tonight. the pace is just right for a poker videogame.
Yeah Social games are spot on for fun,banter and messing around and tournaments for the fight.

How did the tourny go after my net dropped?

Kafel

Banned
Played 5 minutes of a solo game. Saw it was a competent game and one I can play forever like Peggle or Worms 2.

BOUGHT.

I'll hop in an online game now.

Spike6663

It went down to myself and Diago(sp) and we had even chip counts. I eventually flopped trips and checked to the turn where he bet into me and I won.

Looks like I might have scraped enough MS Points together to finally throw down. Before I do though I would like to call attention to the finely crafted avatar for POKER NeoGaf. I put a lot of work into that as opposed to the usual generic avatars representing the Gaf Gamertags you usually see. I think he'd make a great Poker NeoGAF mascot.

If you want to see this finely crafted avatar be sure and send a friend request to POKER NeoGAF. His name is "Slick" Willy Gates btw.

xbhaskarx

This game is great, bought.

I have one criticism:

It's called Full House Poker, I got a full house on like my sixth hand, and there was no Achievement??

Yaboosh said:

My friends are playing the 360 version... and I don't lose money on stupid hands when I'm drunk and shouldn't be playing with real money.

moai said:
how do you spectate games?

I know it lets you stay and spectate the game you were in if you were knocked out, but I don't think there is a general spectate option. Could definately be wrong, I've seriously only had it for only 45 minutes.

They appeared to have nailed the presentation. Love the XP system and unlocks, but the pacing is where it really shines. Keep in mind this is my impression only after 45 minutes of gameplay. Played single player game and tournament. This is the perfect game to play while watching all the NCAA games this week. Time to move some TVs around.

exwallst said:
How can a 30 min tourney be anything but a push fest?

I was curious about this too. I would love to hear some beta user impressions on what to expect as long as NDAs aren't violated, which I doubt they will be at this point.

Witchfinder General said:
Bought the game, downloading now. Looking forward to playing online.

Make sure and send a friend request to the NeoGAF POKER Gamertag so we have a good pool of Gaffers to play with online.

moai

exwallst said:
How can a 30 min tourney be anything but a push fest?

supringsily it has gotten better during the afternoon, just played a ranked tournament and i didn´t see any silly all inn´s. i guess if you play non ranked games you get more relaxed players that just don´t care.

moai said:
supringsily it has gotten better during the afternoon, just played a ranked tournament and i didn´t see any silly all inn´s. i guess if you play non ranked games you get more relaxed players that just don´t care.

I think he's more referring to the fact that it's just not possible to have a skillful poker tournament that lasts 30 minutes. You just won't see enough hands.

Witchfinder General said:
Bought the game, downloading now. Looking forward to playing online.

Because points are based on how many "achievements" you get in the game. Pushing won't get you hardly any, and you'll never advance unless you take some chances.

Mister Zimbu said:
I think he's more referring to the fact that it's just not possible to have a skillful poker tournament that lasts 30 minutes. You just won't see enough hands.

The game's timer is already really fast. In tourneys, it's even faster. It was a ton of fun in beta.

moai

had to eat my words, just played a tournament and everyone just played all inn`s and busted out inmediately.

edit: what the hell, just won the tournament in 5 minutes, all hands played were all inn´s...............:(

xbhaskarx

moai said:
had to eat my words, just played a tournament and everyone just played all inn`s and busted out inmediately.

edit: what the hell, just won the tournament in 5 minutes, all hands played were all inn´s...............:(
Ugh

What happens if you run out of chips, is there any penalty? Do you get all your chips back each game?

Been playing on and off all day, lots of fun besides the "all-inners" (been using the prefer/avoid player function a shit load today). Just got back from walking the dog and now my wife has hijacked the 360 and has been playing poker for well over an hour. Never thought I would see that. Well done XBLA.

Tawpgun

Can someone confirm this is indeed cross platform compatible with windows phone? As in I can play with XBL users on my phone?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
A27 Tawpgun said:
Can someone confirm this is indeed cross platform compatible with windows phone? As in I can play with XBL users on my phone?
Certainly not.

Phone doesn't have any multiplayer, which is stupid. No WP7 games do yet, as far as I know.

On the plus side, much cheaper than the 360 version.

Top Bottom