• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards (Dec 5): VGAs replacement [funded by] Keighley, game world premiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philippo

Any chance we're seeing The Witcher 3 here?
It was at last year VGX, and it's been a while since we got actual material on the game, and release it's getting closer...

DieH@rd

Banned
No Man's Sky is confirmed for TGAs

lwlcln.png

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/539463133517987840

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Whoever puts up the official thread on this, can they please edit the OP to add a link to the records show (guessing both youtube and twitch will have it archived?). Show is on at 2am UK time/3am CET so most of Europe won't be watching live.

atr0cious

This forum spent a good month or two trying to put FROM in their place for the bait and switch garbage they pulled. Now that same game is up for GotY. This industry is the worst.

Hypron

This forum spent a good month or two trying to put FROM in their place for the bait and switch garbage they pulled. Now that same game is up for GotY. This industry is the worst.

Dark Souls 2 is a great game and the lightning downgrad-aton is mostly an internet overreaction again. It totally deserves its nomination.

DieH@rd

Banned
seems like the PSX is taking away all the hype from this show...its crazy whats happening in the other thread

I don't see it that way. TGA has appropriate amount of hype, we will get awards and we will get some [but probably not mindblowing] reveals.

On the other hand, PSX is way overhyped because we have "insiders" who have riled up the crowd into pointless madness. Yes, we will get to see a lot of games at PSX, but hell, that show is made by a CONSOLE HOLDER on a 20th year anniversary of their 1st console. Of course it needs to be good.

Arion

Im gonna predict the next Deus Ex being premiered. Its been 3 years since HR seems like the perfect time for a new one.

zlatko

Banned
Im gonna predict the next Deus Ex being premiered. Its been 3 years since HR seems like the perfect time for a new one.

I could see this being the case. I would love it to be true.

I hope they got a separate crew to do a full blown multiplayer component of some sort for this game. This game's universe is begging for a unique MP experience. Maybe a team sneak game type of sorts similar to Metal Gear Online with a team of invisible guys with no real weapons, and a visible crew with assault rifle. Toss in awesome future tech upgrades, character customization, etc and this would be a killer app next holiday season.

Kiant

Hope they put up the recording. No way I'm staying up until 2am to watch to watch a highly possible trainwreck

Anyone else bothered by the separation of indie games from the Game of the Year category? I mean, it's 2014 people.....games are games.....and the indies are better...

Also, they nominated Journey and Walking Dead in the main category in 2012. What the hell happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom