• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Giant Bomb Quick Look Thread 2

Oh fuck, so good. He gets up like nothing happened. I guess when you have 1 year and no room for delay to try and add a new dynamic animation system there is going to be some hitches.

Man, the slow-mo in the playbacks really shows how horrible the animation blending in in that game. Every half second it just switches unnaturally into another animation for another half second.

I guess it's impressive that they have all of that going on between all of the characters on screen at the same time, but it doesn't mean it looks good.

Man, the slow-mo in the playbacks really shows how horrible the animation blending in in that game. Every half second it just switches unnaturally into another animation for another half second.

I guess it's impressive that they have all of that going on between all of the characters on screen at the same time, but it doesn't mean it looks good.

"He's popping and locking on his way down."

I never would have imagined football QLs could be so fantastic.

Rabies warnings, the weird physics stuff, and Jeff/Vinny both being hilarious. Great stuff.

sixghost

The same thing happened in the newer versions of Fifa. They added this "dynamic collision system" to make the tackles and collisions look more natural. Sometimes it actually looks good, but way too often it just looks awful.

Chuck

Still without luck
The Madden Quick Look was indeed amazing.

What's also amazing is how little not at all the game looks to have advance since I stopped playing 5 years ago. The animations still look like garbage and the 'infinity engine' appears to have broken things even more. If only the NFL could see how the lack of competition completely halts innovation when EA is involved. I feel bad for UFC fans. :/

But, holy shit was that funny as hell. I find it impossible to not laugh out loud when I hear Jeff laughs.

The same thing happened in the newer versions of Fifa. They added this "dynamic collision system" to make the tackles and collisions look more natural. Sometimes it actually looks good, but way too often it just looks awful.

I remember seeing the Fifa gifs of the players falling to the ground, embracing, and kissing each other.

Who says we need next-gen? :D

inky

cmWZK.gif

LOL

When I read the articles about the WiiU versions of EA Sports games not including the physics engine that the other consoles use I honestly thought that sounded kind of nice.

MarkusRJR

I don't follow football (or even know the rules tbh), would I still find it hilarious? I don't want to waste 40 minutes on a boring video.

Oxx

Football and MMO QLs are always enjoyable despite the fact that I'm not really interested in playing either.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
When I read the articles about the WiiU versions of EA Sports games not including the physics engine that the other consoles use I honestly thought that sounded kind of nice.
They will not include any physics. Everything will clip through everything and the ball will sail out the stadium in a straight line when put in motion. EA's Wii U ports are pretty lazy.

Fox Mulder

The Madden Quick Look was indeed amazing.

What's also amazing is how little not at all the game looks to have advance since I stopped playing 5 years ago. The animations still look like garbage and the 'infinity engine' appears to have broken things even more. If only the NFL could see how the lack of competition completely halts innovation when EA is involved. I feel bad for UFC fans. :/

But, holy shit was that funny as hell. I find it impossible to not laugh out loud when I hear Jeff laughs.

uncontested EA is the worst. I actually thought their MMA game was a good first attempt and they really tried to get the best possible lineup of guys outside the UFC. They even did some unique community things with the online matchmaking. Now they'll just coast with the actual UFC license like they do everything else.

It's nice to get the absolute worst version of the game? The physics engine on display in the Quick Look are a huge step up over what they had before. Neither are perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but where they are now is far better than where they were.

As for the QL, the magic of the sports-related quick looks always comes down to "Is Vinny doing it?". If yes = magic. I love how pretty much every time he was near the goal line he took a safety. Brilliant. And most of his receptions were for losses. That was awesome.

Jamie OD

For me it's gotten to the point where my expectation for EA Sports game engines are so low that I look and say "at least it's an improvement from the last game." but then the slow motion replay kicks in and man, oh man does it highlight how low quality it really is. That and the guys pointing out how the game footage looks great in the menu videos.

It's nice to get the absolute worst version of the game? The physics engine on display in the Quick Look are a huge step up over what they had before. Neither are perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but where they are now is far better than where they were.

My original statement wasn't intended to be serious.

Since I'm thinking about it though: I've admittedly not been keeping up with Madden, but I have played nearly every iteration of FIFA since 2005 and am certain the last gen games did not have me irate and wanting to toss my controller due to absolutely laughable collision detection every few matches, or sometimes several times a match. It can really be atrocious. I know diving is problem in many modern sports, none moreso than soccer, but the slightest clip at a walking pace can send both characters sprawling to the floor, often entangling with one another's geometry and falling over each several more times. It's bullshit.

But the game's addictive, so I always load it back up eventually.

wtf is this shit? since when do you need to be a rocket scientist to learn the rules of a new rockband game? jeffs explanation at minute 8:00...wth?

YEah that QL turned me off from the game big time. All the bullshit set up required to get into a song and get a good score seems excessive.

Top Bottom