• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Halo World Championship Finals | 24th - 26th March, 2017

Chittagong

Gold Member
Man I love HWCs so much. Made me load up Halo 5 again, only to realise I lost a thumbstick when moving. 20 days replacement time.

Lot of new teams to me, but TL is a constant.

Any gaffers playing at HWC?

CyReN

Save us Frankie

1de75c407f91509289dc129f6cc1e1b5.png

Looks like an accurate number of people who are into competitive halo in Burbank. I mean we have to keep in mind that this is getting ~15000-20000 viewers worldwide. Which is tiny.

Oh well, still fun to watch

Looks like an accurate number of people who are into competitive halo in Burbank. I mean we have to keep in mind that this is getting ~15000-20000 viewers worldwide. Which is tiny.

Oh well, still fun to watch

You're not counting the other twitch stream, twitter, beam, or facebook streams.

jem0208

I thought the same but bit my tongue.

It's just so painful.

We've had a fantastic event so far with tonnes of really good games and people are complaining about fucking balloons.

It really puts a damper on the experience when you go to post about an awesome game and it's nothing but complaining about something which is frankly irrelevant to 99.99% of the audience.

jem0208

Yea, apologies guys. Well enjoy this event and pretend everything is ok!

Really don't need to pretend.

For the VAST MAJORITY of the audience this event has been near enough perfect. So yeah, everything is okay.

Anyway, I'm done with this pointless conversation.

Shame about LC there, some really questionable plays. Ramirez with the snipe was just so silly.

Madness

We had 80k concurrent at some point yesterday and Twitch only made up around 20-25k of that.

Save us Frankie

1de75c407f91509289dc129f6cc1e1b5.png

U4ix, the hero we deserve but not the one we need right now. Is that the alley venue thing? Just crazy. Aftet this season, they really need to kiss some MLG or Gfinity ass and get them to run all LAN events.

I'm also not a fan of using Beam and another numbers to inflate the viewer count. This HWC is getting less than 25k viewers on twitch. That is a massive drop considering last year was over 100k on Sunday on twitch.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Anand of course rural internet is shitting the bed when I need it (want it) most. Ugh.

jem0208

U4ix, the hero we deserve but not the one we need right now. Is that the alley venue thing? Just crazy. Aftet this season, they really need to kiss some MLG or Gfinity ass and get them to run all LAN events.

I'm also not a fan of using Beam and another numbers to inflate the viewer count. This HWC is getting less than 25k viewers on twitch. That is a massive drop considering last year was over 100k on Sunday on twitch.

That's the entrance and overflow tent.

CP? I thought they got knocked out by Ripp'n yesterday?

They got knocked into the loser's bracket.

CyReN

They said we got 80k concurrent viewers yesterday with twitter added on, pretty hard to believe personally but I hope it's true.

I just hope we aren't stuck with Beam only streams in the future, but could see MS pushing that.

Robin

What a comeback from FAB. They looked awful until those last few minutes. Really hoping they can beat Splyce now.

op_ivy

What a comeback from FAB. They looked awful until those last few minutes. Really hoping they can beat Splyce now.

I walked away for a minute and came back hearing the casters talk about the players scratch their head and wondering what happened. I'm in the same boat, lol

gamz

They said we got 80k concurrent viewers yesterday with twitter added on, pretty hard to believe personally but I hope it's true.

I just hope we aren't stuck with Beam only streams in the future, but could see MS pushing that.

Nah, they'll put it up everywhere. What don't you like about Beam?

CyReN

Nah, they'll put it up everywhere. What don't you like about Beam?

No one knows what it is (ie: people know Twitch for streaming, Youtube for vids, etc)

Heard good things, but having a product can attract casual and new fans is big.

op_ivy

NV looking way better than yesterday. I'd love to see them pull out a losers bracket run again

Top Bottom