• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Halo World Championship Finals | 24th - 26th March, 2017

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
LG always puts up a good fight... going 0 and 4.

nV looking great.

TheOddOne

hehheherkuv4.gif

Madness

:(

Today has been a bit disappointing honestly. Too predictable.

Tbh I did say first page no NA team would crack top 8. And I correctly predicted Fab Esports from EU was the team I said would challenge. But imagine if Cryptik or EG had another shot at this hwc over these others that just never put up much of a giant challenge no? I get they want to grow the scene worldwide and I am not saying cut them out. But this really needed more NA teams and orgs.

Velikost

They've been super stingy with the codes this time.

Yeah, it's a bummer; I haven't even really watched the tourney because of it. I guess I understand though; that's potentially what, 2.99 they're giving away every time? At the last HCS event I got ~25 packs and I didn't even get all the codes.

IHaveIce

Banned
If you care for packs I assume you play the game, if you played the game starting somewhere last year I would be surprised if you aren't finished with the packs.

The thirst for packs is so confusing to me

op_ivy

If you care for packs I assume you play the game, if you played the game starting somewhere last year I would be surprised if you aren't finished with the packs.

I finished my gold reqs AGES ago. I still scramble to redeem any gold req pack I can. I'm confused too.

Lima

Cheap mofos like their free stuff

jem0208

I haven't finished and I've been playing since release.

To be fair I don't play as much as I'd like.

Sordid

I've had the game since launch, play when I can (which isn't that often nowadays unfortunately) and I'm pretty sure I have over 100 gold packs left to go. Finished silvers a while ago at least.

Fuchsdh

Free stuff is free stuff, I guess. Ain't gonna' complain making it easy to replenish my sniper rifles :)

Madness

Still don't even have Halo 2 BR. Granted don't play as much but whu pass up free gold pack codes if we are already watching. Helps replenish ultra rare and legendary reqs too.

IHaveIce

Banned
oops, guess I didn't say anything. Sorry guys, wasn't meant in an offensive way.
I didn't think I was playing that much.. finished always my golds on the day the newest update hits.

Kotaku has an article about the HWC Venue, which seems to be a shitfest

Article

Velikost

I haven't finished and I've been playing since release.

To be fair I don't play as much as I'd like.

+1

Also they still give you REQ points, that you can spend on packs when/if new content drops, and they can also give you XP boosts that help on that long ass road to SR152...

Kotaku has an article about the HWC Venue, which seems to be a shitfest

Article

Yikes. I think I know what they aren't just handing out $3 packs like candy anymore...

op_ivy

I'm confused.

I was just wondering what you meant :p

I accepted your apology.

Just always surprised (shocked?) When I see I've logged more time in h5 than other active members of the community despite my living situation (wife, 3 kids, career). Ignore me, I've been drinking.

jem0208

I accepted your apology.

Just always surprised (shocked?) When I see I've logged more time in h5 than other active members of the community despite my living situation (wife, 3 kids, career). Ignore me, I've been drinking.
Oh, I wasn't apologizing :p

I was saying "What?"

Anyway, I don't really play games that often honestly. I'm pretty busy most of the time.

op_ivy

What the hell is going on with the stream? Lol. We got game 1 now crazy down time now with cosplay cooking/interview?

Wait, next up og v liquid!? What happened to splyce and str8?

Nowise10

That tweet by Ninja about the food wow. What an entitled shitbag. Good thing he got sent home.

Yeeeeah I mean I see where he is coming from, you would expect they'd have food for the players, but it does come of as rude, as if the staff and workers aren't important.

op_ivy

Tents and balloons
and employee relationships
be damned, that was cool. Congrats str8.

Top Bottom