• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

First month that the only game I'm particularly enthusiastic about was the early unlock. Mainly because I bought Broforce years ago, but oh well. Will still stick around, though, since Dragon's Dogma's PC port has been on my to-buy list for a while.

Isn't the humble bundle price lower than any sale price for DD so far?

Is There Any Deal says that Green Man Gaming had it for $12 a fortnight ago, and that was the record low price for this game. Of course, you do also have to consider that didn't include anything else, while the Humble Monthly does.

Teppic

Pretty good month for once. I'm interested in trying Beyond Eyes,
Kathy Rain, Pirate Pop Plus and Keyboard Sports. If I will like them remains to be seen. Broforce I played on the PS4 and I didn't like it that much, but still nice to have. Traded the rest.

Ionic

I haven't seen anybody here actually talk about it much, but if you got the bundle go play Keyboard sports. It'll probably last 20 minutes but it's executed very well and the designs are super cute.

Any lineup that includes Broforce is an awful lineup. It reads like a PS+ list, which has included such awful games as ... well Broforce.

I wasn't expecting much but boy...

Wok

I haven't seen anybody here actually talk about it much, but if you got the bundle go play Keyboard sports. It'll probably last 20 minutes but it's executed very well and the designs are super cute.

I could not beat the last level.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Any lineup that includes Broforce is an awful lineup. It reads like a PS+ list, which has included such awful games as ... well Broforce.

I wasn't expecting much but boy...

I never got the appeal of Broforce - it's yawn inducing and really repetitive, but there's some good fun to be found in the rest of the bundle.

I never got the appeal of Broforce - it's yawn inducing and really repetitive

I had a lot of fun with local two player run of Broforce, and while it is repetitive to some level it is not yawn inducing at all if you, hm, role play a psychotic hero a little? Make it a mental button to not shoot and run? Keep trying the most stupid method of finishing a level that you came up with for half an hour because it would be hilarious if you managed to do it in the end? When in doubt, destroy the level so that you destroy something?

Of course, nothing wrong if that's still not fun to you. It's just that it's IMHO essential part of the game in this case. Many games make zero sense when you play it like that, this one seems to mostly make sense then.

KingV

I quite liked broforce, even on PS4. I played through the whole game with a buddy and we were cracking up at how ridiculous it gets. It's not perfect gameplay, but it's chaotic and pretty challenging.

ehead

Humblebundle's got a birthday sale at the moment. They're giving away free copies of Dirt 3. Y'all might want to check it out.

thefil

Do they not have a timer till the next bundle anymore? Can't find it on the page.

*edit* derp, found it on the "see your subscription" page immediately after

I never got the appeal of Broforce - it's yawn inducing and really repetitive, but there's some good fun to be found in the rest of the bundle.

Response to an old post perhaps, but I always want to talk about Broforce. :)

It's repetitive as any action game IMHO, but the devs of it have done a splendid job of introducing new enemies, vehicles, characters and other stuff to keep it really fresh throughout the whole campaign.

That combined with how dynamic the gameplay is and a humour that works (for me) makes it a very good action game in my eyes.

Regginator

3 hours left to decide whether I want Dragon's Dogma or not, this would be my first Monthly... hngggggggg

$10,80 on its own for DD is a good price, but usually I'd have waited for it to drop lower, maybe $7,50. But the notion of getting 'five/six more games is making me doubt.

Tizoc

3 hours left to decide whether I want Dragon's Dogma or not, this would be my first Monthly... hngggggggg

$10,80 on its own for DD is a good price, but usually I'd have waited for it to drop lower, maybe $7,50. But the notion of getting 'five/six more games is making me doubt.

Do It.
You're getting 6 games, and having bought it for $10.80, that'd be 10.8/6=
Less than $2 per game; you could be getting Dragon's Dogma for under $2.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Response to an old post perhaps, but I always want to talk about Broforce. :)

It's repetitive as any action game IMHO, but the devs of it have done a splendid job of introducing new enemies, vehicles, characters and other stuff to keep it really fresh throughout the whole campaign.

That combined with how dynamic the gameplay is and a humour that works (for me) makes it a very good action game in my eyes.

I wish I could say the same! I liked some elements of it, particularly the daisychained destruction. Can't say much about the rest of the game though, it all felt a little...dull.

I'm going to sayyy.... NBA 2K16

I'll take any genre except sports games. I think I skipped the month after the Wrestling one.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I need to give Broforce a chance. I heard that a lot of what people didn't like about it was its Monster Hunter model of repetition, but as a big MH player I probably wouldn't mind that if the rest was fun...

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I need to give Broforce a chance. I heard that a lot of what people didn't like about it was its Monster Hunter model of repetition, but as a big MH player I probably wouldn't mind that if the rest was fun...

er..no.

I'm a huge MH fan, it can be repetitive but there's plenty of systems to perfect and master ...here not so much. Not much challenge either.

kswiston

Broforce is closest to Metal Slug. But each bro plays radically different in terms of their skill sets, and you cycle through bros when you die.

There's no way to buy the bundle after it's announced is there? I put my sub on hold for the month since I already have dragons dogma and I wasn't impressed with the reveal last month.

fenners

There's no way to buy the bundle after it's announced is there? I put my sub on hold for the month since I already have dragons dogma and I wasn't impressed with the reveal last month.

Correct. That's the whole point of their system. A lot of people end up selling spare keys in the B/S/T thread though if there's games revealed that you want.

image.php

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I reckon you might be thinking of Mercenary Kings?

Gotta be. Mercenary Kings is Monster Hunter by way of Metal Slug. Broforce is much more straightforward, run right and shoot things.

Regginator

Do It.
You're getting 6 games, and having bought it for $10.80, that'd be 10.8/6=
Less than $2 per game; you could be getting Dragon's Dogma for under $2.

Okay you've convinced me :D Haven't played DD in three years, never really gotten into it, excited to play it again.

From what I understood it's a good port, right? I don't expect too much trouble with my 4670K / 280X maxed out.

kswiston

The only downside of the Humble monthly is that it reminds me of how bad my Steam purchase choices are. they always manage to have my indie steam purchases included a couple months after I buy them. This is OK if I have actually played the game prior to that. But that's 50% of the time at best.

KingV

Bro force is sort of like a modern contra. It's just run right and shoot, except the levels are highly destructible so there's stuff flying all over the place.

I like it, it had a sandbox quality to it. Beat it with a friend, and we decided tocheese the final boss by knocking him out of the bottom of the level.

SexyFish

Banned
December 2016:

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
The Escapists - Base Game
The Escapists - Duct Tapes are Forever
The Escapists - Escape Team
The Escapists - Alcatraz
The Escapists - Fhurst Peak
Mordheim City of the Damned
Hacknet
Western Press