• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

Pachimari

Dirt Rally is seriously one of the most fun racing games I've ever played. Anyone even remotely interested in the genre that doesn't own it yet should pick it up at this price.

I picked it up. Wanted it for a long time, and it's the perfect time, as I recently bought a Logitech G29. Just need that seat.

Linkark07

Banned
Glad I skipped the last bundle. It was quite weak.

As for this one, Im going to keep it in mind. Despite sucking in racing games, I still like them.

KingV

Only The Witness and Slime-San look interesting to me. I really wanted The Witness... :(. But wasn't sure about the rest of the bundle, i usually don't care about most of the games.

I hope to see The Witness in one of the regular bundles. Can we expect that?

If you really want the witness I'd check out B/S/T or one of the dreaded grey market resellers. Easily found for less than $10 after the freedom bundle

Teppic

I'm pretty happy with this one (Yes, I bought it even though I said I shouldn't). Event[0] is something I want to play and that alone hasn't been under 12€ on sales. I have Layers of Fear but not the DLC. Will probably end up trading and buying DLC later. Have to check out the rest.

I'll get next month for Dirt Rally.

Ladekabel

Already had the Witness and nothing else for me in the Humble Monthly so I'm glad I skipped. Definitely buying the next one. Quite interested in Inside and Dirt Ralley!

lordkosc

I felt this was a great bundle month, I mean we are talking about $12 for some quality games. Glad I held off on getting Layers of Fear the last time it was on sale.

I'm ok with the witness for this month.

Dirt rally was instant buy for me. Inside I have no idea what it really is besides a limbo like game.

B_Signal

I can attest to Event[0] being good, and Slime-San, it's only just come out today, but it's a well made one of those games (those games being fast, tough, platformers)

If you're interested, I have available:

Kingdom: New Lands
Event[0]
Flat Heroes
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Poly Bridge
RIVE
Space Run Galaxy
Okhlos
Steamworld Heist

PM me if interested

Edit: all gone, enjoy everyone

dLMN8R

These bundles are kind of incredible at showing just how much of an embarrassment of riches we have now as gamers.

The Witness and Inside are not just two of the best games of 2016, but one is quite possibly one of the greatest puzzle games of all time, and the other is one of the most perfectly executed examples of pure artistic and aesthetic intent ever conceived.

And you can get each one for twelve measly bucks, in addition to 10+ other games.

What a time!

Varg

Banned
Pretty good month so much quality for the price . I insta bought the next month as I do not have limbo and dirt rally always intrigued me . So far so good for this service

Ezra2680

I haven't seen anyone else mention it, but I got the option to take a $5 store credit instead of a Witness key. Is this new or have I just not seen it before? Maybe its because I bought the freedom bundle that had the Witness in it too?

DJ_Lae

Weird month - I'm not into most of the games but I'll certainly try them out.

Next month is fantastic already, however. I own Dirt Rally but have been waiting on Inside for a while. Anyone with even a passing interest in racing games needs to play Dirt Rally - it's about as close as you'll get to the old Colin McRae games.

Ezra2680

Where does this option show up?

It was on the page where you get the keys. My top option was something like "Please select one: $5 store credit or Witness key". When I selected the $5 option it just gave me a pop up like "You sure? You won't be able to get this key back once you select this."

louiedog

I haven't seen anyone else mention it, but I got the option to take a $5 store credit instead of a Witness key. Is this new or have I just not seen it before? Maybe its because I bought the freedom bundle that had the Witness in it too?

Yep, it's because the game was just in the Freedom bundle.

bluexy

Blows my mind folk could be disappointed by this month. These games are all fuckin' outstanding, though I haven't played Tumblestone. Slime-san looks well worth more than the price of the bundle alone. Probably one of my favorite months yet.

Lomax

Personally this month's was a bit of a let down, but two great early unlocks for next month definitely makes up for it.

Facism

Lads, i forgot to turn off my sub so i got april's bundle, which i'm actually ok with. If i choose to pay early this month, do i still get charged later?

NeoRaider

Just wanted to say thank you to @Arx who decided to gift me The Witness one hour ago. That was so nice of you Arx. Once again thanks.

Still after Kingdom if anyone has it to trade!

These bundles have been great for getting games off my wishlist that i never really felt up to buying, even when on sale.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This Humble Monthly was more for my taste, two horror games (I own both but I collect horror games and love giving them away, and I was literally saying last month Humble typically barely goes for horror games in their monthly bundles I notice as a horror enthusiast), I actually didn't own Black Mesa but was interested in it, and the other games are all up my alley.

It's not the best bundle monthly for me, but probably top 5. HOWEVER, the taste these games are aimed at is quite different than they usually go for I'll note so I could see some who like other sorts disappointed in this, but it's right up my alley.

Lijik

Layers of Fear and Event 0 already made the bundle for me because ive been meaning to get both (particularly Layers of Fear), but Slime-San has been a nice surprise. Loaded it up just to get a quick feel for it and wound up getting through most of the first world instead. Reminds me of Hopiko from a HM bundle few months back where I never heard of the game before but it wound up super clicking with me.

DJ_Lae

I want to love slime-san but the colors hurt my eyes. Never had this problem with a game before.

You're not alone, I found the same thing. Played four or five levels and had to stop, even though I liked the actual gameplay.

Also, the red objects are really hard for me to see, not sure if it's because I'm colourblind or made worse due to the background color (or both).

Dirt Rally and Inside for 12$ is a pretty crazy deal.

It is a much better deal than the 40% coupon they sent out a few days ago. Had you used that...you may well be a bit pissed.

I'm happy with this month. No games I would buy, but I'm happy to give them all a go.

Wok

Kimmy keys are up for January 2017 Humble Monthly.

Edit: Not sure how I feel about that move.

Z9umYFJ.png

MizzouRah

Forgot to cancel this month because I already had the (presumably) big two titles this month.

Would anyone like to trade for Dirt Rally?

Top Bottom