• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

JakeD

Terrible bundle this month, oh well. Plus, The Witness? Seriously? That's been cheap as hell a few times, from themselves no less.

it was in the $30 freedom bundle and cheapest its ever been on sale has been $20. it might not be xcom 2 value-wise but its pretty much comparable to every other early unlock game

Anno

Morphblade is also a very direct homage to Michael Brough's (868-HACK) Imbroglio, which I think is still an iOS only game. So if you enjoy that game check this out, or check that out anyway because it's a really great game.

Neoweee

So, uh, I hope The Witness is "cheap" with regards to using the April budget, because it really isn't worth all that much given how many people bought the Freedom Bundle.

Would Hyper Light Drifter be one of the "hidden" games, or is it big enough to be a headliner? It is a weird middle ground game. Most of the lower games are smaller indies than HLD, and all of the headliners are bigger than HLD.

sleepnaught

That's disappointing. Last month's bundle made me subscribe, was super disappointed I couldn't get the bundle for that month I just paid for.

Mutant

This was my first month because of Warhammer 40K.

I don't own all of these games, but there are a couple duds here.

Overall still worth the $12.

Teppic

Worst monthly bundle. I don't think any of them appeals to me. Wouldn't have bought it if it weren't for the trade I made of Warhammer for 6 cs:go keys. Still kind of feels like a bad deal to trade real money for Steam wallet with how bad Steam sales has been.

Skipping next month. Not interested in The Withness. Every bundle from now on that doesn't have a early unlock that I like I will skip.

DirtRiver

If anyone wants my Warhammer key I will trade it for Soma, Stasis, Firewatch, or Grim Dawn.

First time in a while I subscribed, some games seem interesting but not great. The Witness however is great!

plc268

I'm just speculating here, but I imagine the "quality" of the bundle has a lot to do with the amount of subscribers. If there's a lot of subscribers, the quality/value will be lower than usual. When the subscriber amount goes down, they beef up the quality to attract more people.

So all those who are disappointed, by all means unsubscribe so that we'll get a better bundle next month.

You win some, you lose some. This month is very disappointing to me (to the point that 0 games interest me), but I'll stay subscribed because it's only $12.

Hmmm.

Not really impressed with this month's games.

And the Witness?

Now I feel like shit for straight buying it during the Steam Winter Sale and not playing it yet. Another headliner game I already own. Beem hoping for Hyper Light Drifter.

But $12 is cheap enough in most cases that I don't mind staying subbed for the most part.

Wok

did you buy the witness through humble bundle?

Let me check, I will update the post.

Edit: Nope.

NPCTwSJ.png

GQ5eUvr.png

Genki

just gonna put this out there: humble store sells steam keys and if you are in this thread you probably have 10% off everything. not sure how an extra $5 off could be seen as worthless

To me it approaches being worthless because Humble's store has invariably higher prices in my region.

garath

Well none of the games jump out at me too much but I'll try a couple. I got total war for $12. Good enough.

Canceling for witness though.

blazeuk

I didn't own any of the games this month but it wasn't the best looking bundle for me. I'm glad The Witness showed up in the early bundle though, didn't bother with the freedom bundle since I already owned most of the games.

Hesh

Been a subscriber for 5 months but this one is no bueno for me. Been looking for a reason to cancel my sub the past couple of months since I only figured I would be subscribed for one or two months in the first place. On the bright side I still have 20-something games I've gotten from these I still haven't played.

Jimrpg

Humble monthly has been really great for me, I haven't subscribed but I got Project Highrise, Stardew for cheap and looking to get One Piece off someone too from the BST thread. I could easily get 10-15 games for about $30 from just picking and choosing the ones I want.

You win some ya lose some and there are some little games that look kinda fun this month, like that Bridge game.

I stay subscribed because it was one of the unannounced games that I play the most (WWE 2k16... would never pay the 60$ but when I got essentially for buying Soma at 15$ it was so worth it I've had a blast thanks to mods and what not)

Happy with this. One Piece, Rive and Space Run Galaxy are all games I was interested in, and while I haven't heard of the other titles I'm super interested in giving them all a go.

The only thing I know I won't like is that bridge building game, but I can just sell that. ;)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man I was really digging Rive until the rising lava level.

Not sure what they were thinking when they designed that, oh well.

fleck0

I've only bought three monthly bundles but I'm really liking this one. Love Total Warahammer and feel conflicted that I really like One Piece, it being my first Musou game beyond Dynasty Warriors demos. The menu music is extremely similar to Marvel vs Capcom 2 and that's kind of enough for me to grind through the repetitive gameplay. I also liked the first few arcs of One Piece so that helps. Good podcast game/genre.

Howdy, Monthly folks! I'll cut to the chase: I'm looking for a Morphblade key and a Pirate Warriors key. I've got some ol Humble keys I'd be willin to trade for them, so please PM me if you're interested in making a deal!

Available:

OlliOlli (Wii U)
Home (Steam)
Uncanny Valley (Steam)
Neverwinter Enthusiast Pack (Key)
Blade and Soul Yogscast Pack (Key)
Battlerite Yogscast Mount (Steam DLC)
Bohemian Killing OST and Art (Steam DLC)
Faeria Early Access Pack (Key)
Duelyst Cosmetics Pack + 20 Orbs (Key)
Tower of Guns (Steam)
7 Grand Steps (Steam)
Guacamelee Championship Edition (Steam)
Human Resource Machine (Steam)
No Time to Explain! (Steam)
Guns of Icarus Online (Steam)
Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble (Steam)
Ballistick (Steam)
Guacamelee Gold Edition (Steam)

Wok

Reminder that you have until this Friday to cancel your subscription for April, should you want to. The bundle will be available next week.

I hope we get a sneak peek at A Hat in Time.

Clues which fuel that hope:
  • the game should be released this year,
  • the game is being published by Humble Bundle,
  • the demo exists and is behind a paywall under the name "beta".

game_progress_2016.png

Games published by Humble Bundle:
BKTSJtq.png

r3n4ud

I wonder what new release will be in this coming monthly. Looking at the release schedule, not a whole lot coming out the 7th at the moment.

Maybe Slime-san? Looks pretty good if so.

Wok

I wonder what new release will be in this coming monthly. Looking at the release schedule, not a whole lot coming out the 7th at the moment.

Maybe Slime-san? Looks pretty good if so.

I'm late to the guessing game. After inspecting the 18 games to be released on Steam on that day, I'm definitely leaning towards Slime-san.

Mostly based on this:

Plus:

On April 7, 2017 the game will release on Steam and Humble Bundle. Finally players will be able to jump and slime their way through 100 levels in a unique 5-colored, pixelated world. The new integrated Twitch mode allows Twitch viewers to influence the game via the chat for total madness! A list of features that will await the players can be found below.

And:

Top Bottom