• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

I own none of the new games, which ones are hardware intensive? Superhot interests me the most but I'm not sure if I'll be able to run it - does it have a PS4 version?

And Scholar of the First Sin is great for anyone who hasn't played it yet.

I own none of the new games, which ones are hardware intensive? Superhot interests me the most but I'm not sure if I'll be able to run it - does it have a PS4 version?

And Scholar of the First Sin is great for anyone who hasn't played it yet.
Only on Xbox One and PC I think. SuperHot shouldn't tax hardware much.

Regginator

If you want to subscribe to a new month but already own Dark Souls 2, I have a copy of Dragon's Dogma that I want to trade for it. Hit me up if you're interested.

edit: gone

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
"Maize is a first-person adventure game about what happens when two scientists misinterpret a memo from the U.S. Government and create sentient corn. "

Alright, Humble. You did alright.

Will be selling that DS2 key.

Been wanting to play superhot forever. It looks so good. Stellaris is also a game I've been wanting to play so this month's bundle will already cover it's cost easily!

ViviOggi

Damn bought both Superhot and Brigador at full price, still pretty satisfied with Stellaris and Maize - which I almost bought when it was on sale a week or two ago, one bullet remains dodged at least

tebunker

Banned
Honestly excited for superhot. Glad I kept my sub this month.

Having beaten DS2 SOTFS on Ps4 I have no need. If there are folks looking for It I am sure I can work out a trade. Pm me.

I don't want to cancel the sub this month as I feel like its paid off pretty well lately, and I hope that streak continues.

Eusis

Ohh, I was recommended Plague Inc by a guy I know, and I like novel ideas like that so this is a solid bundle for me.

Should've probably held off of DSII on PC just a bit longer though. Ah well.

Was already in for Stellaris, but Superhot, Plague Inc, Maize and Brigador were all games I was interested in, so I'm happy. I also appreciate the benchmarking tool they included this month, since I'm planning on building a new PC very soon.

As for next month, I've never played Dark Souls 2, so I'm in by default again.

ZugZug123

Happy to get Superhot and Brigador. They were on my Steam wishlist along w/ Stellaris :)

Shoppe Keep was also on wishlist but I went to check it and it seems it has recently been abandoned by the devs. Oh well.

Is Plague Inc on PC similar to the mobile version? If so I will be giving it away. Have it on my Kindle.

Will skip next week. DS2 is cool and all, but I'm not skilled enough to play it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm surprised more people hadn't heard of Maize, it got some great word of mouth and a decent amount of coverage half a year ago or something like that. That's how I found out about it (and it was the only game I had owned in this months bundle beforehand, though I had literally ALMOST pulled the trigger to buy SuperHot earlier today but held off because I thought it being on sale might mean it was in the Humble Monthly, and lo and behold it was).

Maize was covered positively by several sites, YouTubers, and players back when it released. I bet it'll surprise some of you, it's basically a first-person adventure-comedy game.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Omg DS2 is the monthly game?

Dann you humble, dragging me back in every time I tell them that I've paid them enough.

Im_Special

Wow, this one really hurts not getting, Plague Inc. / Superhot & Brigador were on my wishlist, and games I've been waiting a long time for them to hit impulse buy prices, I would've jumped on this bundle easily if I had know just one of them were in the bundle. :/

Wow, this one really hurts not getting, Plague Inc. / Superhot & Brigador were on my wishlist, and games I've been waiting a long time for them to hit impulse buy prices, I would've jumped on this bundle easily if I had know just one of them were in the bundle. :/

You can check them out here:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/groupbuys/discussions/14/

You can get those games for 1,5$-2$.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/groupbuys/discussions/14/1290691937716006984/

zulux21

check out the buy sell trade thread you can likely get all of those games for less than the cost of the bundle.
It's $12. Why do you guys even bother cancelling.

because it's $12.
that adds up.
it's $144 a year.
$1440 a decade.
or heck that one month of $12, properly invested with good average returns for 40 years is $543 dollars :p

Wok

$12 is a lot for some people. To me, it is roughly a third of my montly spendings for videogames (already taking into account the cost of the monthly bundle).

So, a third of my video-game money goes to Humble Monthly. It is big.

Paragon

Ooof, first bundle in a while that seems pretty bad to me.
  • Stellaris - it's a good game, but is only the base game with a ton of DLC to buy if you want the "complete" experience. I hate the Paradox model for selling games.
  • Plague Inc Evolved - 99c mobile game somehow being sold for $15 on Steam.
  • SUPERHOT - good game, but it's only 2 hours long and the gimmick wore thin before finishing it.
  • Ashes of the Singularity - mediocre RTS, only known for being used as a benchmark - and not a good one at that.
  • Brigador - seems to be a well regarded game if you're into that sort of thing. Awesome soundtrack - of which Humble only include a sampler, and only in MP3 format. Coincidentally on sale right now...
  • Shoppe Keep - 70% negative rating on Steam right now. Sounds like something pushed out of Early Access and abandoned by the developer in a bad state.
  • Maize - no idea about this one. Seems to have good ratings but not something that appeals to me at all.
Not everyone has $144 a year they can just throw away on games they might not want to play.

• Stellaris - it's a good game, but is only the base game with a ton of DLC to buy if you want the "complete" experience. I hate the Paradox model for selling games.
  • SUPERHOT - good game, but it's only 2 hours long and the gimmick wore thin before finishing it.
  • Ashes of the Singularity - mediocre RTS, only known for being used as a benchmark - and not a good one at that.
  • Brigador - seems to be a well regarded game if you're into that sort of thing. Awesome soundtrack - of which Humble only include a sampler, and only in MP3 format. Coincidentally on sale right now...
  • Shoppe Keep - 70% negative rating on Steam right now. Sounds like something pushed out of Early Access and abandoned by the developer in a bad state.
  • Maize - no idea about this one. Seems to have good ratings but not something that appeals to me at all.
Not everyone has $144 a year they can just throw away on games they might not want to play.
Stellaris only has 3 dlc packs and only one of which is worth buying. Ck2 this is not.

I actually really wanted Plague, and Superhot. Really bummed I missed out on this one :(

zulux21

I actually really wanted Plague, and Superhot. Really bummed I missed out on this one :(

again.
buy sell trade thread on neogaf
groups on steam
ect.

the market is flooded with these games right now.
you didn't miss anything by not buying the bundle. You can get the games you want for less than the bundle right now no problem.

Sorry for the repost / minispam, my previous post was the exact last one and I kind of need to know how to proceed as this is new to me:

How does this work, do I leave a message and wait for him to contact me? Do I PM him?

Edit: In fact, does Steam even have private messages? I can't find them, don't tell me we have to be friends first...

Edit 2: Disregard this, successfully bought Superhot and Brigador, yay! Thanks a ton Chairmanchuck, i can tell you I'm going to use that group a lot.

illusionary

Not the best of bundles for me, as I already own Superhot, Ashes of the Singularity and Brigador, but with Stellaris in particular there's enough that I'm still fairly happy with this.

SUPERHOT - good game, but it's only 2 hours long and the gimmick wore thin before finishing it.
If you can complete all of the challenges in two hours, I'd be extremely impressed!

Top Bottom